Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:43 AM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Marro Drones

I dont know. I really just cant seem to bring myself to buy 4 squads of these. Any 1 range, 5 move figure, even with a special like that, has some serious weaknesses to ranged attacks by figures with 6 move or more. They might be really good on a map with alot of cover though, like trees, shrubs, glaciers, and ruins.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:09 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam268 View Post
I dont know. I really just cant seem to bring myself to buy 4 squads of these. Any 1 range, 5 move figure, even with a special like that, has some serious weaknesses to ranged attacks by figures with 6 move or more. They might be really good on a map with alot of cover though, like trees, shrubs, glaciers, and ruins.
The Drones have 6 move actually. And while 4 squads is just about the minimum needed to get a few good Hive Swarm rolls out of them, 5 or 6 squads is much better.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:24 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I recently picked up 2 sets of these guys (bringing my total to 3) and figure if I use them with the Marro Warriors that'd be decent good base to a themed army.
Possibly use TKN and 3 squads of Nagrubs may be the other section for 510 points (24 hexes)

What do you think?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 3rd, 2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Staying with the marro theme, that is.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:00 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I recently picked up 2 sets of these guys (bringing my total to 3) and figure if I use them with the Marro Warriors that'd be decent good base to a themed army.
Possibly use TKN and 3 squads of Nagrubs may be the other section for 510 points (24 hexes)

What do you think?
Running TKN with them could work, so long as you keep in mind the difference in the two units' roles. Normally when using Drones, 90% of my OMs would go on them, but with just three squads, they're not likely to be such an unrelenting attacking force; that's TKN's job in this case.

Leading out with your hivelord and his 'grubs might work to elicit a specific response from your opponent (i.e., draw out their big hero or maybe cause their common squads to choose a different route). Either way, if he stays active he's sure to get some kills and maybe even drive some opposing figures into harm's way - that is, into your Drones' way.

A well-timed attack (especially if you roll well for Hive Swarm) from the Drones could surely help those three squads be worth their points. A good early placement of the Warriors wouldn't help either.

Personally, from a competitive standpoint, I'd prefer to use a few squads of Stingers in TKN's place, but Drones and Hivelord sounds like a blast to play.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old November 12th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

I love these drones! I am still having trouble coming up with heros that would go well with them. Any ideas? I like using Me-Burq-Sa with them.
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:25 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Su-Bak-Na increases the odds of getting 6 or 9-drone turns, so that's always an option. Drones x4 plus Su-Bak-Na is 360; add ranged units/more Drones/Nagrubs to fill the remaining points.
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:29 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I love these drones! I am still having trouble coming up with heros that would go well with them. Any ideas? I like using Me-Burq-Sa with them.
How about the Marro Hive

Big-Mama can rebirth the drones that are destroyed and you just keep sending wave after wave of Drones into the fight.

Marro Hive ... 160
Marro Drones x5 ... 410
Ne-Gok-Sa ... 500
= 500 points

It's all melee but could be fun.
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Opps. He did it again.

That would actually work for me! Thanks!
Old November 15th, 2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
How about the Marro Hive

Big-Mama can rebirth the drones that are destroyed and you just keep sending wave after wave of Drones into the fight.

Marro Hive ... 160
Marro Drones x5 ... 410
Ne-Gok-Sa ... 500
= 500 points

It's all melee but could be fun.
That sounds like a lot of fun! Well, I guess I tend to like most Drone armies...

How about:
Drones x4 200
SBN 360

...as your base. There are a lot of options to fill those remaining points, both thematically and otherwise.

You could add Stingers x2 for 480 and filler, or Stingers x3 for 540. You could go with more Drones (x5 for 420 or even x6 for 480) if you have the figs.

My personal fave Drone army, right now (for fun and flavor) is this:

Marro Warriors 50
Marro Drones x6 350
Su-Bak-Na 510 / 24 spaces

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old November 16th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units