Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 19th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Doctor Doom (II) (Public Playtesting Phase)

Here's the first test.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Doctor Doom vII

Army Test 1
Map: Embattled Fen (no glyphs)
Armies:
Doctor Doom vII, 2x Doombots, Vertigo, Angel (Warren Worthington III), Blob, Zombie (1,000 Points)
vs.
Lex Luthor vII, Doctor Octopus, Parasite, 2x LexCorps Security (995 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Also, nothing to do with Doom so I'm not saying this in the test, but this my first time playing Parasite and I thought he was great fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; September 19th, 2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old September 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

German?! Otto Octavius was born in Schenectady, whatever those darn cartoons have been teaching you.

(Glad Doom seems to be working out for you)
Old September 19th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
German?! Otto Octavius was born in Schenectady, whatever those darn cartoons have been teaching you.

(Glad Doom seems to be working out for you)
Was he? Hmm... always thought the American accent in Spider-Man II was weird. I grew up with him from the 90s Spidey cartoon, where he was pretty cool - I don't think his nationality was mentioned explicitly, but he had a very strong accent. Meh - that's how I'll always see him, anyway.

And yeah, he is.

~ Lazy Orang, who'd never even heard of Schenectady until you mentioned it and I Googled it. My American geography is crap.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The 90s cartoon is a bit of an outlier. He's not portrayed as German(-ish) except in a couple other things where they got the same voice actor.

Also, I wouldn't expect people from out of state (or even downstate) to know Schenectady, much less people from outside the country, so you're doing okay on that front.
Old September 20th, 2016, 01:19 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've never heard of Schenectady and I've traveled by car from the Atlantic to the Pacific more than once and from Canada to Mexico.
Old September 20th, 2016, 10:34 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The 90s cartoon is a bit of an outlier. He's not portrayed as German(-ish) except in a couple other things where they got the same voice actor.

Also, I wouldn't expect people from out of state (or even downstate) to know Schenectady, much less people from outside the country, so you're doing okay on that front.
I've never heard of it either.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 20th, 2016, 10:54 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

With N'astirh coming down the pipe there's the possibility of using N'astirh and Doom2 along with Batman3 or some other d20 booster, but that's a lot to invest for the bonus, and honestly it seems OK.

No other concerns outside of possible shennanigans with spell cards, but I wouldn't pin that on Doom.

I appreciate the way Mystic Domination was worded to get the OMs on Doom, and to also discourage using Wong with Doom.
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Symbiotic

Thanks, dok. The same thing occurred to me with N'Astirh, but N'Astirh's cost seems a lot to pay for the synergy, like you say.

After LO finishes up, I may run a couple more games here just to be thorough, but it seems like we're in good shape. Hopefully he'll be ready to move along by the weekend. Thanks to the testers for the quick-moving public test phase!
Old September 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ronin, I think the mini photos will work but just a heads up I may need more photos. I'll give it a try later this week and let you know. The clear ones seem dark and the bright ones seem a bit grainy for some reason. More figure less background could help.

I only bring it up so you can plan ahead and if you will be busy coming up but have time now you may want to take a moment.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 20th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Tentative Pass - I’ve never really seen Doom in anything good, so I don’t know Doom as much as I'd like (he sounds awesome from what I've heard), but I have a passing knowledge of him, and based on that and what you guys have said about the Demon storyline, he’s feeling good.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass - There isn’t much synergy, really just Wong (who doesn’t let him mind control, but he’s cheap and won’t last long anyway, so he’s worth bringing along as a distraction unit) and Doombots (vital for him to be as useful and awesome as possible, just like the other Doom, but he's probably best off keeping to one considering that the Demons giving him all his strength could just abandon him at any given moment because they're arseholes).
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above.
- Power Check - Pass - He's terrifying, but the Demons’ being able to just say, ‘Ooops, sorry about that, see ya!' whenever the fickle dice gods decide keeps him in check.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! This guy is a tonne of fun! Admittedly, I can see myself feeling pissed off when the Demons leave, but even then, I'm probably going to remember it and have a good laugh over a drink with my opponent about it later. I probably still slightly prefer the original C3G Doom, but that's only because he's one of the most awesome figures in the game - this guy isn't too far off, it's definitely worthwhile having a specifically sorcerous variation, since that angle's somewhat lacking on the original except for the single word Mystic in the Power Drain, and this guy will probably be even cooler when he's got himself some spells to work with.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - He's scary to fight, but it doesn't feel hopeless, and you'll be constantly hoping for that low roll, and when it triggers, bam! He'll make for some memorable games, that's for sure.
- Drafting Test - Pass
- Usage Test - Pass
- Strategy Test - Pass

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Doctor Doom vII

Army Test 1
Map: Embattled Fen (no glyphs)
Armies:
Doctor Doom vII, 2x Doombots, Vertigo, Angel (Warren Worthington III), Blob, Zombie (1,000 Points)
vs.
Lex Luthor vII, Doctor Octopus, Parasite, 2x LexCorps Security (995 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies;
Victor von Doom, Black Adam, Wong, 2x Doombot (1,005 points)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Tony Stark (Hulkbuster), Ms. Marvel, James 'Bucky’ Barnes (1,010 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

He’s brilliant - I think I said it most at the top and in the battle synopses (damn, I’m saying that alot in these), but he’s great fun to play, terrifying to play against, and probably worth a good after battle laugh with your opponent when he inevitably loses his powers and becomes almost helpless.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; September 29th, 2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old September 20th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

High praise.
Great work on those tests L_O.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How did Bucky work out for you in that Avengers win?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library