Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old May 11th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
The Punisher

I figured we were talking about him so much in the movie thread that I'd move over here to keep it going!

I know a lot of people didn't like when Micro died, but the Punisher is a solo act. Nobody can do what Frank Castle does. He's a man who was born to kill bad guys, and bad guys only. I am a little sad that Ennis left The Punisher behind, because I really felt he did an amazing job with it.

If anyone hasn't read "Welcome Back, Frank", pick it up as soon as possible!

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Punisher

I feel that he should be solo in terms of work being done, but I always like his "real world" approach. He can't do the tech work, get all his arms, launder all his money, by himself. It gets silly when he can do all those things himself so he needed help, plus having a few contacts worked with good writers in helping keep him "grounded" and not going too far.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I feel that he should be solo in terms of work being done, but I always like his "real world" approach. He can't do the tech work, get all his arms, launder all his money, by himself. It gets silly when he can do all those things himself so he needed help, plus having a few contacts worked with good writers in helping keep him "grounded" and not going too far.
I think your right. When it comes down to that laundry list of things that need to be done, I think that not having a helping hand does leave a few questions.

At the same time, however, being the Punisher IS a solo act, and it does make things a tad bit more interesting since he doesn't rely so much on battle vans and technological equipment.

On a side note; (after Micro died in the comics) I've tried to read the more recent War Journal thats out right now (I didn't get to far, but I'm about to try to pick it up again) and I've kept up with Dark Reign so far (only four issues.) His tech guys in those books, I don't care for them much. I guess where I was so used to Micro, I find myself yelling at the books "you're no Linus Lieberman, you little punk!" Don't worry, I don't really do that, but I'm thinking it really hard.
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:49 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

i like the max story wehre microship returns only to loose his head after the last act. . ok the max punisher is verry farc from the war jurnal punisher oder punisker that lives with other marvels.

the question is why need we micro? he can find criminals , cab hack in police compuer, but remeber the could k.i.t from night rider , why he need michel ? to get in hoses?

if microship would be a superhero why he had not froce the electric stuff kils ppl, and other stuff.

need frank a guide who finds bad ppl for him ?

ok where did get frank his information i-net, googel, newspaper?

maybe some cop that loved him send him infos but that is real wishi washi.

microcip was for the poltical correctness wehere should frank buy all his wepons in amerika local weaponstore? no mc get them for him online,

" btw frank i got here some nkes "
" buy it it mc !"

maybe today micro is a female that loved the punisher and yelles "frank this guy is bad but prision will lead hin to the good way in 150 years"
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After Ennis left, I wrote to Ed Brubaker and asked him what were the chances he would take over. His crime books are great and I thought it would be a perfect match. I didn't really expect an answer, but he emailed me back the same day and said "Someday, but not real soon, I will write Punisher." I'm hoping after they get through with these current story arcs he'll come on as the regular writer. Something to look forward to in the world of Frank.

Old May 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM

A Brubaker Punisher would be great! Currently his BFF and X-men co-writer, Matt Fraction, is one of the rotating writers on Punisher MAX.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
A Brubaker Punisher would be great! Currently his BFF and X-men co-writer, Matt Fraction, is one of the rotating writers on Punisher MAX.
Is Fraction going to write Punisher MAX? So far the only two writers they've had since Ennis left have been Hurwitz who did the "Girls In White Dresses" storyline (which was o.k., but no Ennis) and Swierczynski who did "Six Hours To Kill" (which started out strong, but ended weak). Fraction wrote Punisher War Journal (the relaunch, a couple of years ago), but I quit reading that after issue 4 or 5. I couldn't get into it. I do like the current Punisher Dark Reign storyline, but I would be just as happy if they stopped trying to incorporate Frank into the mainstream Marvel universe and just kept the MAX book only. I'd rather see him take out a bunch of wiseguys instead of the Lizard. Not that he couldn't take out the Lizard. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing him take out the Lizard. Stupid Lizard.

Old December 12th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Hey, Ted! Are you reading the new PunisherMax series? Written by Jason Aaron, it's currently called Kingpin and the second issue was just released this week. Plus it's got art by Steve Dillon. If you're not reading it then you should. And if you are reading it...well...uh...pretty good so far, huh?

Old December 31st, 2009, 01:09 PM

I have not read Punishermax yet, I am glad to hear that it is cool! Did it replace the old MAX title? I kind of jumped ship after Ennis left. I had to scale back on my comics so save money. I have instead been reading EVERY graphic novel at my Library, which has a ton, and I got hooked on Agents of Atlas. It was a nice find, and I love it. I have been buying up the trades (only 2, with a third out in Feb).

I guess I'll have to pony up six bucks and go get the first two issues of Punishermax. Thanks for the heads up.

Old January 7th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Sandy 7-Up

It did replace the old title. They've also put out a PunisherMax one shot called Get Castle by Rob Williams and Laurence Campbell. It adds some closure to Yorkie's death for Frank. Good story. Let me know what you think of the Kingpin storyline if you end up getting it. Believe me, I understand about scaling back on the titles. They'll probably release it as a trade. I think it's supposed to be a five issue story arc.

Old September 24th, 2010, 06:20 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Pardon the ignorance but isn't Frank Castle a zombie now?
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Pardon the ignorance but isn't Frank Castle a zombie now?
Not in the MAX titles. The MAX titles are intended for Marvel’s mature audience. In the mainstream Marvel Universe I think Frank was killed by Wolverine’s kid and brought back to life as Frankencastle by a group of monsters. Really. I know I kid around a lot and try to make a joke of everything, but this crap is true. Needless to say I don’t get the Marvel Universe titles with Frank and stick with the MAX product only. I don’t know how long they plan on keeping him like Mary Shelley’s baby boy. I think he’s popping up in Daredevil’s Shadowland arc and he looks back to normal…(well, as normal as Frank can be)…but I’m not positive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics