Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Secret Santa

I was speaking with a friend who trolls another gaming forum for Warhammer 40K and he talked of a Secret Santa that they have done twice a year. Now I am not sure if this should be in the custome section or not but what is everyones opinion of offering this up as an idea. We can have set up as a custom terrain, custom unit or anything. Since we missed the early summer we have a several months before we needed to make a decision so there is time for discussion.

So what does everybody think?
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Secret Santa

I'm not sure exactly what it is you're proposing, here, Ted. Do you mean we'd chose a secret someone and exchange gifts of customs, custom terrain, etc.? Sounds a little wierd to me...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM

regdar has disabled reputation

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I would interested in trying it .
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I'm not sure exactly what it is you're proposing, here, Ted. Do you mean we'd chose a secret someone and exchange gifts of customs, custom terrain, etc.? Sounds a little wierd to me...

Brandon
Why does that "sound weird"?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:09 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:

Brandon
Is giving some stranger a gift normal? Kidding. Ted probably meant it in some circles and not all of us (HS local community like NESA). But then again the 1st post was quite vague to me.

Actually B.I.V. made it sound weird and funny but mostly weird (this part: "Do you mean we'd chose a secret someone and exchange gifts of customs, custom terrain, etc.?").

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; August 14th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM

regdar has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:

Brandon
Is giving some stranger a gift normal?
It sound's more like an custom exchange.
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM

Basically we figure out who is interested and some one chooses to manage it all. Then we would need to find a way of selecting your secret santa with out anyone else knowing. the address of the person doing it would be listed so that once you have designed and completed your present you mail it off maybe with a letter saying who it is from and describing what you have created. you would then receive your present most likely by somone else in the same fashion. It is not so much an exchange but more like a mass exchange. You make one thing for one person and you get the same in return. On the other forum that my friend visits one case of faliure to provide a present in return bumps you permanently out of this. If I have not explained well enough let me know.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

I've seen this kind of exchange done before, and I think our community is tight enough to do it.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Here is the threads explaining how the other forum handled the contest. we can use this as an example or follow our own way but I think that it would be a good thing to do.

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/ind...howtopic=26730
http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/ind...howtopic=24350

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion