Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Some football thoughts - first about my Vikings:

The Good: Our offense continues to astound and delight me - 33 points on the Ravens? Impressive.....................................................The complete defensive collapse at home that allowed a Ravens team, who should've been heading to the showers earlier, a chance to very nearly win (they were robbed and I feel badly for Baltimore fans).
Not saying that the Vikings offense isn't good, but don't be too impressed about putting up 33 against the Ravens defense. This is not the same defense of last year when they were real good, and its definently not the same defense of a few years ago when they were dominant. Our secondary is real weak, and I'm not surprised Farve carved us up.

Thanks for feeling bad for us, missing that feild goal sent a dagger through my heart, and made my kid cry.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Crazy New England game but man, could the Patriots be less classy? That's one reason that a lot of fans other than Bostonians hate them so much. Way to run up the score...
Um, they didn't run up the score. The commentators during the game even went out of their way to say that very thing (they didn't score one point in the 4th quarter and Brady was out after one series in the 3rd).

Tennesse was soooooo epically bad that the Pats couldn't help but score. They kept turning the ball over in their own territory. Hard not to put the ball in the end zone when your consistantly starting at you opponents 20 yard line.

-insert signature here-
Old October 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM

WukieSlap Woo who?

Thoughts on tonights game? I think it will be a shootout either way. Denver's D is decent this year, but Air Norv will be in full effect. I say leave the run game at the gates and simulate it with short passes.
Old October 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Crazy New England game but man, could the Patriots be less classy? That's one reason that a lot of fans other than Bostonians hate them so much. Way to run up the score...
Um, they didn't run up the score. The commentators during the game even went out of their way to say that very thing (they didn't score one point in the 4th quarter and Brady was out after one series in the 3rd).

Tennesse was soooooo epically bad that the Pats couldn't help but score. They kept turning the ball over in their own territory. Hard not to put the ball in the end zone when your consistantly starting at you opponents 20 yard line.
What are they supposed to do, not play? Most of the plays the recievers were wide open with no one between them and the goal line! Are they just supposed to stop and wait for someone to tackle them? Should they feel bad that they are going to score again?
There is a lot of irrational anti-Patriot feelings out there, and this game stirs up some more of it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukieSlap View Post
Thoughts on tonights game? I think it will be a shootout either way. Denver's D is decent this year, but Air Norv will be in full effect. I say leave the run game at the gates and simulate it with short passes.
Tomlinson hasn't looked like himself in three years so leave him on the show floor. Sproles needs to envolved in the passing game as well as the running game with screens and the like. My concerns is our big men on the lines getting pushed around. If we can stop the run game and give Rivrs som time we will dominate. It just hasn't happened yet. The team looks lack luster and I'd like to know what's up.
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM

WukieSlap Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Tomlinson hasn't looked like himself in three years so leave him on the show floor. Sproles needs to envolved in the passing game as well as the running game with screens and the like. My concerns is our big men on the lines getting pushed around. If we can stop the run game and give Rivrs som time we will dominate. It just hasn't happened yet. The team looks lack luster and I'd like to know what's up.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure whats up with the Bolts this year either. Our lines are depressing when injured =/
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Bills over the Jets is good for Miami, but the Pats looked really solid. That being said, I think the inept Tennessee Titans (Oilers) could make any team look like all stars this season. Brady's showing on Sunday makes me a little nervous for Miami's chances at another playoff season, but I think if Henne and Ginn Jr. really step up we can do it. Henne just needs to get over the fact that he's been watching Pennington for a year and realize that he's not Pennington. He can throw a long bomb. He proved that in his TD to Ginn Jr. last Monday night. Regardless, I think it's going to be a really tight division and a great one to watch as the season moves on.

I really think the Saints showed a LOT of what they can do against the #1 rated defense in the league. I mean, WOW! It was just amazing... I think NO really silenced a lot of doubters who were saying "Huge Defensive plays on occasion and an amazing offense won't get you to the Superbowl." I think they proved that their offense more than makes up for what the defense lacks.

As far as the Denver game goes tonight, I'm really hoping Denver loses. My only solace as a Miami fan is that whenever someone makes fun of my team and can always respond with "Hey, just out of curiosity, what year did your team go undefeated?" The less undefeated teams in the NFL each season, the easier I can rest. The Saints are making me really nervous, though...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I'm not 100% sure whats up with the Bolts this year either. Our lines are depressing when injured =/
I always wondered why the Chargers didn't hire Brian Billick from the Ravens. He seemed like a sharp fellow and a better head coach than Norm. I'd keep Norm at O coordinator though.
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM

jotun7 Woo who?

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the best, BY FAR!

And, if you think otherwise, WHO HAS THE MOST SUPER BOWLS WON? STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"For HIS honor and glory!"
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM

WukieSlap Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I always wondered why the Chargers didn't hire Brian Billick from the Ravens. He seemed like a sharp fellow and a better head coach than Norm. I'd keep Norm at O coordinator though.
I love Billick and would have loved to have him as a head coach. Norv calling the plays with Billick's leadership; oh man that'd be sweet. Norv has proven he is an incredible O-cord (with dallas) and that he's a poor head coach (with every other team.)
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:04 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
The Pittsburgh Steelers are the best, BY FAR!

And, if you think otherwise, WHO HAS THE MOST SUPER BOWLS WON? STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because what has happened in the past has everything to so with the current team and how it plays.

-insert signature here-
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:29 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I wonder if anyone hurt themselves jumping of the Jets bandwagon?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV