Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which dragon is better? (Which dragon do you fear the most?)
Zelrig 43 29.25%
Braxas 104 70.75%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 14th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Unit Debate #39 -- Zelrig Vs. Braxas

In my experience Braxas has had a tough time making up her 210 points against those cheap squaddies.

Zelrig, on the other hand, is in my mind every time I build a map because of the utter annihilation he can bring. As for coming up against uniques, what high tier army doesn't have common squads?

Zelrig.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
In my experience Braxas has had a tough time making up her 210 points against those cheap squaddies.

Zelrig, on the other hand, is in my mind every time I build a map because of the utter annihilation he can bring. As for coming up against uniques, what high tier army doesn't have common squads?

Zelrig.
Vydar-Range pod only has Rats, and it's not all that hard to minimize Zelrig's impact when your only commons are Ratsx3.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:44 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:

Zelrig.
Vydar-Range pod only has Rats, and it's not all that hard to minimize Zelrig's impact when your only commons are Ratsx3.
But vydar range pods tend to clump together, perfect for majestic flames.
I think braxxas looks cooler but fear Zelrig a lot more.
Zelrig wins in my mind
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:13 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig.
But vydar range pods tend to clump together, perfect for majestic flames.
I think braxxas looks cooler but fear Zelrig a lot more.
Zelrig wins in my mind
However, it's usually never any common squads in the clump.
I vote Braxas. That Acid Breath makes my (medium and small) squads and heroes shiver alike in their boots.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

I would probably say that Braxas is better because he's a Squad Shredder as is Zelrig, but the fact of the matter is that Braxas can take out Heroes also where as Zelrig it can be a Harder thing to do.

~Knight of Feylund

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
I would probably say that Braxas is better because he's a Squad Shredder as is Zelrig, but the fact of the matter is that Braxas can take out Heroes also whereas with Zelrig it can be a Harder thing to do.

~Knight of Feylund
I don't know about that, Zelrig can do some damage against all these new-fangled common heroes . . . .

Old April 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
I would probably say that Braxas is better because he's a Squad Shredder as is Zelrig, but the fact of the matter is that Braxas can take out Heroes also whereas with Zelrig it can be a Harder thing to do.

~Knight of Feylund
I don't know about that, Zelrig can do some damage against all these new-fangled common heroes . . . .
Magestic Fires only works against "common squad figures", not common heroes.
Old April 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~Knight of Feylund
Magestic Fires only works against "common squad figures", not common heroes.
I guess it shows how often I play Zelrig . . . .

Old April 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Personally, I fear Braxas more, but then almost every army I play includes Cyprien and the AE.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:23 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

8 to 5 life braxas

5 to 4 atk braxas

4 to 3 def zelrig

185 to 210 zelrig

even but braxas

stingers>everything else
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I voted Zelrig. Later I changed my mind to braxas (no changing vote)

I'd say it really depends .
large huge ... zelrig
small medium .... braxas.
Old April 16th, 2010, 08:12 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbirk19 View Post
8 to 5 life braxas

5 to 4 atk braxas

4 to 3 def zelrig

185 to 210 zelrig

even but braxas

I don't see how any of that makes them even, doesn't their special abilities count for something? I think the biggest thing about Braxas or Zelrig are their abilities.

I like both dragons but I give the edge to Braxas because she is dangerous for longer in the game than Zelrig. I find her special is way easier to set up considering it's a clear sight space special ability that completely ignores defense dice. Big Z has some great uses as well, but I find Braxas fits into more armies than he does.

Dustin

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units