Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 17th, 2017, 02:40 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
The Book of Heracles

The Book of Heracles

C3V Wave 7 (Wave 20) - Oreld's Orders - Heroes of Crumland

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is Hercules from the Heroclix, Infinity Challenge set.

Character Bio: Heracles, renowned for his monster-slaying, is summoned by Jandar. Heracles takes upon himself Labors, feats of extraordinary power, tossing aside anybody foolish enough to stand between him and his monstrous foes.

Quote:
LABORS
After taking a turn with Heracles, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on Heracles's Army Card and take another turn with Heracles. During this additional turn, Heracles cannot attack a small or medium figure.

FEARLESS ADVANTAGE
Heracles rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against large or huge figures.

THROW 14
After moving and before attacking, choose one small or medium non-flying figure adjacent to Heracles. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of Heracles. If the figure was placed on a non-water space on a level equal to or lower than Heracles's height, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 2 wounds. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

- TBD

Synergy Benefits Received
  • CAPT. JOHN VARAN : PURPLE HEART
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Heracles may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • EBON ARMOR : Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Heracles' Army Card to replace Heracles upon his own destruction.

Power Ranking and Master Index
It’s hard for an expensive non-bonding melee figure to be very good, but Heracles kind of bonds with himself once a round, and throw is nice too. A-

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:50 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Heracles

Assuming that Heracles can still "Throw" a small/medium figure on turn that he uses "Labors" because Throw is a Power and not an Attack?
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Assuming that Heracles can still "Throw" a small/medium figure on turn that he uses "Labors" because Throw is a Power and not an Attack?
Yes. It's great to close in on a unit like the KMA from 12 spaces out and then throw one of them out of position.

He is super fun to use. I love Labors because he can grab a glyph in the first round or get to Raelin tho he wouldn't be able to throw or attack her, the threat is there.

I just used him and 2x 10th at our last tourney here in Ohio and his army went 3-0. The only time he died was against a pod of PKs and Torin, and even then he had done more than his part of damage. He slaughtered the likes of Charos, KMA, Major J15, among others.
Old August 17th, 2017, 03:23 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

I snatched this guy up as soon as he showed up on the front page. Haven't had a chance to draft him myself yet, but the little siblings seem to like him.
I can see Heracles potentially wrecking Q9--Labors and Move 6 to close in before the Major can get a shot in, 7 Attack to bring him down, and 8 Life and 4 Defense should let him take a few helpings of Queglix if it comes down to that--but I'd probably be hesitant to try it in an actual game. May have to give it a shot just to satisfy my curiosity, though.
Old August 17th, 2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post
I snatched this guy up as soon as he showed up on the front page. Haven't had a chance to draft him myself yet, but the little siblings seem to like him.
I can see Heracles potentially wrecking Q9--Labors and Move 6 to close in before the Major can get a shot in, 7 Attack to bring him down, and 8 Life and 4 Defense should let him take a few helpings of Queglix if it comes down to that--but I'd probably be hesitant to try it in an actual game. May have to give it a shot just to satisfy my curiosity, though.
Don't hesitate! This guy is absolutely meant to bring down the big guy. Small and medium flying figures (especially as a squad) are the biggest pain for him because he can't labor or throw, but even then, his base stats keep him around a long time.
Old August 21st, 2017, 07:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Don't hesitate! This guy is absolutely meant to bring down the big guy. Small and medium flying figures (especially as a squad) are the biggest pain for him because he can't labor or throw, but even then, his base stats keep him around a long time.
So what you're saying is counter-draft a squad or two of Protectors of Ullar.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:25 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Don't pit him against Krug..... Though that should already be obvious!! I'm speaking from experience. It's not pretty.

H E R O S C A P E
Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Don't pit him against Krug..... Though that should already be obvious!! I'm speaking from experience. It's not pretty.
Heck, even if Heracules wins that fight, Krug is only 120 points. This legend still has to kill 80 more points!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 07:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I would think a well-timed Labors turn should give Herc a chance. Krug does what Krug does, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 25th, 2017, 05:41 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

Picked him up as a prize for a monthly tournament rather than choosing the $80 gift card for the game shop we were at! He's that cool.

I've played him twice. The first time it was against a bunch of medium guys. The only reason he survived the game was because of a lucky high roll with Kelda. He might have gotten his points worth. The second time he faced an army of Marrden Hounds and SBN. Heracles absolutely dominated. He took almost double his points worth (including a OHKO from height on SBN)!

Such a fun and thematic unit.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 10:25 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Actually, I did just that earlier today (since I haven't had a chance to pit him against Q9 yet), and it worked pretty well. They were both at full health going in, and Krug only managed to inflict two wounds in the time it took for Heracles to bring him down. Of course, it could easily have gone the other way, and Heracles' luck ran out in a big way just a few rounds later...
It was definitely a last-resort move, and I wouldn't do it again except in dire circumstances, but it's hardly a death sentence.
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:52 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post
Quote:
Actually, I did just that earlier today (since I haven't had a chance to pit him against Q9 yet), and it worked pretty well. They were both at full health going in, and Krug only managed to inflict two wounds in the time it took for Heracles to bring him down. Of course, it could easily have gone the other way, and Heracles' luck ran out in a big way just a few rounds later...
It was definitely a last-resort move, and I wouldn't do it again except in dire circumstances, but it's hardly a death sentence.
No, and that's completely believable! I just had a couple unfortunate games. And even though it's not a death sentence, there are many more effective units to deal with Krug. Leave Heracles to deal with safer targets. (If you can.....)

H E R O S C A P E

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs