Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Varkaanan Quickblades

The Book of Varkaanan Quickblades

C3V Wave 4 - Aquilla's Answer - Blades and Fangs

Printer-Friendly PDF
Basic Side & Alternative Card:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit are Confrontation figures from the Wolfen of Yllia set. They are available in the Wolfen of Yllia Trackers of Shadow Unit Box (3 figures) or the Wolfen Army Box Set (3 figures). The name of the figure is Wolfen Shadow Hunters.

Character Bio: While the Swiftfangs are a threat, the Quickblades are even deadlier. Vaulting to their targets, the Quickblades can unleash a slash quicker than lightning.

If that weren't formidable enough, a defense of 4 means the 'Blades make a solid front line for the wolves. However, Wolf Pack ensures that even if one Quickblade is destroyed, another wolf will simply attack in its place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special powers
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Varkaanan Quickblades' card, before taking that turn with the Quickblades, you may choose one other Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Varkaanan Quickblades on this card.

VAULT
After moving and before attacking, any or all unengaged Varkaanan Quickblades may Vault. Choose an opponent's figure within 2 clear sight spaces and place that Quickblade on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure. A Quickblade may not vault more than 7 levels up or down in a single vault.

LIGHTNING SLASH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
A Varkaanan Quickblade that did not attack normally may use Lightning Slash Special Attack. Defending figures that were not adjacent to this Varkaanan Quickblade at the start of its turn subtract 1 from their defense dice for each skull rolled with Lightning Slash Special Attack.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • VAULT : elevation limit
    Q. :
    What signify "...more than 7 levels up or down in a single vault." exactly ?
    A. : A Varkaanan Quickblade that uses Vault may not be placed on an unoccupied space that is more than 7 levels higher or lower than the space he occupied before using Vault.
  • WOLF PACK : How many attacks ?
    Q. :
    When using the Varkaanan Quickblades' Wolf Pack to take a turn with another Unique Wolf Squad, if a Quickblade is destroyed during that other squad's turn (for example, by Dying Swipe), am I then able to attack with an additional member of the other Unique Wolf Squad?
    A. : Yes. You may attack with a number of figures equal to the number of destroyed Varkaanan Quickblades, even if one or more (or even all) of those Quickblades was destroyed during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn. Contrariwise, if one or more Quickblades are revived during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn (e.g., by the Glyph of Sturla), that will decrease the number of remaining attacks you may make.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits OfferedSynergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS : HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunter figures, Varkaanan Quickblades adjacent to Arktos may receive an additional attack die.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
Special attacks are nice. So is high defense. B+

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 28th, 2019 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added links to the others Varkaanans
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:20 PM

redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Varkaanan Quickblades

They look great! I bought the individual packs and not the box set. They are the more detailed versions that you have in the alternate cards. Will those be available in PDF soon as well? Thanks again - love that I finally get to use all these confrontation miniatures I bought during the firesale a few years ago!
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Alternate card pdfs are already available in the downloads section.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:01 AM

redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker

Ah ok - found them. I usually just look for the "printer friendly .pdf" in the book itself.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcometx View Post
Ah ok - found them. I usually just look for the "printer friendly .pdf" in the book itself.
I've added it to the OP now, If somebody else are looking for it.
(added for the Swiftfangs too)

And thanks C3V for this incredible work!

French Forum's admin.
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Remove "THE" from the title please!
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Marcel Marceau

Re: The Book of Varkaanan Quickblades

Both removed.

French Forum's admin.
Old December 14th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Well I just added these guys (along with Bahadur and Manauvi) to my Varkaanan collection. The only ones I'm missing now are the Swiftfangs. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with the Varkaanans but you have to play them carefully.

First off, the Quickblades are my favorite Varkaanan sculpts (I have the alternate card version) and I LOVE Lightning Slash Special Attack. Subtracting up to 3 defense from your opponent's figure(s) is devastating. It really can turn the tide on a tank-like hero.

I haven't played Manauvi yet but Bahadur is very useful. Even if the dice are against you, as they were for me, and he goes down quickly, throwing his spirit on the Darkclaws is probably your best bet. Upping your Darkclaws to a potential 6 attacks of 5 is awesome.

I finally defeated my wife's double dragon army that I was on a severe losing streak against.

190 - Quahon
120 - Fyorlag Spiders x3
210 - Charos
180 - Greenscales x3

This army kicked my butt 4 times in a row until I finally was able to take down Quahon fairly quickly in our match tonight.

I fielded...

095 - Arktos
120 - Bahadur
120 - Darkclaws
110 - Greyspears
100 - Quickblades
050 - Marro Warriors

The Quickblades wolfpack bonding with Bahadur made an assassin run on Quahon and totally failed (only managed to slightly wound her (2 or 3 out of 7)) before Lightning Breath Special attack and the spiders took them out. However, Bahadur's spirit on the Darkclaws with my Greyspears throwing spears over the Darkclaws' heads was VERY effective in retaking the board.

What retook the game for me was when I was down 2 Greyspears and 1 Darkclaw. All my markers were on the Greyspears so I was able to attack with 2 Darkclaws (2 attacks of 5 each, WHOA) followed up by 1 attack from each Greyspear from height or an Arktos bonus.

For a whole round I got 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 per turn marker, insane.

This game ended much more in my favor compared to the last four I played against her dragons.

The Varkaanan's are a lot of fun but you have to be VERY careful with your order marker placement if you want to get the most out of them and not lose turns.

Definitely one of my new favorite synergies, and all of them being LARGE gives some helpful immunities.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post

What retook the game for me was when I was down 2 Greyspears and 1 Darkclaw. All my markers were on the Greyspears so I was able to attack with 2 Darkclaws (2 attacks of 5 each, WHOA) followed up by 1 attack from each Greyspear from height or an Arktos bonus.

For a whole round I got 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 per turn.
You meant 2 Greyspears and 2 Darkclaws, yes? And you know a Darkclaw cannot attack the same unit more than once?

P.S.: it looks like you sent the Marro Warriors out first. You might have done better to keep them back for cleanup in the endgame.

Last edited by kolakoski; December 14th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post

For a whole round I got 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 per turn.
You meant 2 Greyspears and 2 Darkclaws, yes? And you know a Darkclaw cannot attack the same unit more than once?

P.S.: it looks like you sent the Marro Warriors out first. You might have done better to keep them back for cleanup in the endgame.

Old December 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Sorry for the double post, the forum wouldn't let me edit the quote above with my original comments...

Regarding Kolakoski's questions above, I did and I do. The Darkclaws only ever attacked one of the Dragons 1 time each, I used their second attacks to hit the Spiders or Greenscales swarming around the Dragons.

Also, my Marro Warriors were still alive, I just never had to use them. They were still standing in my start zone when I killed off the last of my wife's Greenscales.

Old July 26th, 2014, 11:23 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Ordre Marker
Mis-spelled

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs