Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gencon 2012 Maps

I am pleased to announce the map selections for this year's Gencon tournaments:

Fossil by R˙chean
Fulcrum by Dignan
Ticalla Sunrise by GameBear
Trailblazer by Dignan
Burial Marsh by Panopticon
Jotun's Gap by Dignan
Isenfell by Mad Wookie
Elswin Plateau by Mooseman
Invasion by Long Heroscaper
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gencon 2012 Maps

(Saved for Map Details)
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No more Just Passing Through! Hallelujah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Question:

How come some of the newer BoV maps are not listed in this year's maps?

Either way, thanks for posting the maps!
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Set used break down.

Master sets
RotV 5
SotM 4
BftU 2

Expansions sets used
RttFF 3
VW 1
TT 1
TJ 4
FotA 2

BoV maps 6

Last edited by infectedsloth; June 4th, 2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: count THRICE, post once.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Question:

The selections are primarily made based on what resources that we have available. A map like Fulcrum seems to be in every year because it uses only 1 ROTV and 1 TJ. I'm not a huge fan of this map, but it is balanced and it uses less resources than many other maps.

I have lists of all the maps that have been used in the past and start with that.....I added some more that I thought might round it out a little, then I start eliminating based on resources available. This is what I ended up with. It seems like many maps use RTTFF and so this ends up being a limiting factor. For example, I really like Highways and Dieways and wanted to include it in the mix, but it uses 2 RTTFF sets, so I had to exclude it. If we had more resources, I would have certainly chosen a different pool of maps.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know you'll post these later in the map details section, but will the glyph pool be roughly the same as years past? Continued emphasis on trying to include treasure glyphs more?

Old June 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Set used break down.
BoV maps 5
I count 6 BOV: Fossil, Elswin Plateau, Fulcrum, Ticalla Sunrise, Invasion, and Burial Marsh

Interesting that none of the maps from the competition made the cut.

Cheers,

~tgx
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Question:

The selections are primarily made based on what resources that we have available. A map like Fulcrum seems to be in every year because it uses only 1 ROTV and 1 TJ. I'm not a huge fan of this map, but it is balanced and it uses less resources than many other maps.

I have lists of all the maps that have been used in the past and start with that.....I added some more that I thought might round it out a little, then I start eliminating based on resources available. This is what I ended up with. It seems like many maps use RTTFF and so this ends up being a limiting factor. For example, I really like Highways and Dieways and wanted to include it in the mix, but it uses 2 RTTFF sets, so I had to exclude it. If we had more resources, I would have certainly chosen a different pool of maps.

So easy to forgot about your resources. Despite it's large size you are limited in what you have. Thanks for reminding us.

Can't wait for GenCon! Now I can start praciticing armies some! Since several of the maps are from last year, at least the testing should be easier.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Set used break down.

Master sets
RotV 5
SotM 4
BftU 2

Expansions sets used
RttFF 5
VW 1
TT 1
TJ 4

BoV maps 6
Invasion and Elswin Plateau* both use FotA, not RttFF. So it's "only" 3 RttFFs, and 2 FotAs.

Also with 9 maps named and 32 maps being built, exactly how many of each map will be built (and, therefore, how many sets of each are needed) is not 100% clear. It will probably be 4 each of most of them, but not all of them.

* Actually, Elswin Plateau can be built using either, as Gamebear has demonstrated. But I think the Gencon stash has more spare FotA than spare RttFF.
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Also with 9 maps named and 32 maps being built, exactly how many of each map will be built (and, therefore, how many sets of each are needed) is not 100% clear. It will probably be 4 each of most of them, but not all of them.
4 of each except Invasion and Elswin Plateau are 2 each.
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Thanks for getting these up LW.

As far as glyphs, that is Stubobj's department. I'll start bugging him about those soon.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con