Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 31st, 2019, 12:43 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd love to see a Spider-Man (Ben Reilly) someday. Ben is a great character and he's underappreciated because the Clone Saga was such a mess.
Yep, I never read his run as Spider-Man, so I focused on what I knew for him. I've read pretty much everything with Kaine as Scarlet Spider, though (the last year aside)
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think his run as Spider-Man starts off well (they tried to wrap up the Clone Saga stuff and just move forward with Ben as Spider-Man), but it gets cut off at the knees when they realize that fans aren't having it and they need to bring Peter back. So all the Clone Saga stuff comes rolling back around and the story deteriorates into mush.

I always wonder if they could have made it work by just letting him be a legacy character instead of insisting that he was the One True Spider-Man.
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've read most of the modern 2099 run, and he's not notably durable in that - he takes a beating, and often, but so does regular Spider-Man if we're being honest. He definitely faces off against a lot of other superpowered types, though most of them are new 2099 characters from what I remember.

Was a good book though it completely falls apart at the end, after the gets the ugly new costume. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Old December 31st, 2019, 05:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = GREEN GOBLIN
SECRET IDENTITY = PHIL URICH

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = HAPLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

LUNATIC LAUGH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
All figures within 2 spaces of Green Goblin are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Symbiotes roll 2 fewer defense dice against this special attack.

GOBLIN GLIDER
When Green Goblin defends against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage. When Green Goblin starts to fly he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - When Phil Urich stumbled into a cache of Harry Osborn's weaponry, he absconded with the gear and became an all-new, all-heroic Green Goblin! Phil wasn't the greatest crime fighter of all time, but... he tried. During Onslaught's conquest of New York, Phil battled a Sentinel and bested it, but at cost. His goblin gear was irreparably damaged during the fight, and without any way to repair it, he was forced to retire from his life of superheroics. Later on, he broke bad as the new Hobgoblin.
So, another legacy Spidey character, this one without a mini so probably not super high priority... he's kind of a boilerplate sort of design and not an exciting one, but I don't think he really merits being anything beyond a seat-filler. He's just a dope that gets super powers and tries his best.

He does have a mini as Hobgoblin, but the stuff where he goes bad later on doesn't really click with me in the same way.

Also as a note on the bio and Mutate status, he uses gear to get his powers (when he puts on the goblin's mask he gains super strength/toughness and the sonic laugh), but it comes out eventually that he was genetically modified when he first put on the mask. Wearing the mask is a mechanism for unlocking the powers, but they're inherent to him and not the mask.
Old December 31st, 2019, 06:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = GREEN GOBLIN
SECRET IDENTITY = PHIL URICH

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = HAPLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

LUNATIC LAUGH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
All figures within 2 spaces of Green Goblin are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Symbiotes roll 2 fewer defense dice against this special attack.

GOBLIN GLIDER
When Green Goblin defends against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage. When Green Goblin starts to fly he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - When Phil Urich stumbled into a cache of Harry Osborn's weaponry, he absconded with the gear and became an all-new, all-heroic Green Goblin! Phil wasn't the greatest crime fighter of all time, but... he tried. During Onslaught's conquest of New York, Phil battled a Sentinel and bested it, but at cost. His goblin gear was irreparably damaged during the fight, and without any way to repair it, he was forced to retire from his life of superheroics. Later on, he broke bad as the new Hobgoblin.
So, another legacy Spidey character, this one without a mini so probably not super high priority... he's kind of a boilerplate sort of design and not an exciting one, but I don't think he really merits being anything beyond a seat-filler. He's just a dope that gets super powers and tries his best.

He does have a mini as Hobgoblin, but the stuff where he goes bad later on doesn't really click with me in the same way.

Also as a note on the bio and Mutate status, he uses gear to get his powers (when he puts on the goblin's mask he gains super strength/toughness and the sonic laugh), but it comes out eventually that he was genetically modified when he first put on the mask. Wearing the mask is a mechanism for unlocking the powers, but they're inherent to him and not the mask.
The different synergy web honestly gives me plenty of reason to care. A ranged, flying, Crime Fighter Goblin? With Goblin Glider and an AoE attack? That sounds cool to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 11th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America and the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #031a / Jolt.

NAME = JOLT
SECRET IDENTITY = HELEN TAKAHAMA

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TAKEN IN
When using a special power on the card of another Unique Hero you control that is a Charlatan, you may consider Jolt to have the class of Charlatan in addition to what is listed on this card.

THUNDERBOLT INSPIRATION
If there is a revealed Order Marker on this card, Charlatans you control add 1 to their Move numbers and Repentant Charlatans you control add 1 to their Attack numbers.

DISENGAGE
Jolt is never attacked when leaving engagements.
Bio - Helen Takahama became a superhero after being embroiled in the schemes of a series of supervillains as a teen; first her parents were killed in Onslaught's attack on New York, then she was captured and experimented on by Arnim Zola. Zola's experiments granted her enhanced speed and strength, allowing her to escape captivity and try to find help. Unbeknownst to her, her "savior" was yet another villain: "Citizen V" and the Thunderbolts helped her trash Arnim Zola's hideout and put an end to his experiments.

In the wake of the battle, Meteorite recruited the newly-christened Jolt into the Thunderbolts. Jolt even took up residence in the Thunderbolts' headquarters, completely unaware that the rest of her teammates were supervillains in disguise. Her genuine heroism helped inspire the other Thunderbolts, particularly Atlas, to turn against Zemo.
(Quick primer on Charlatans and Charlatan Synergies for anyone who's forgotten. The Repentant Charlatans are Atlas and MACH-I)

First stab at something for Jolt. I've been a little conflicted about what to do with her for a long time... she's had a mini for quite some time, but it's from later on in her career after she gets electricity powers, and wouldn't really square with tying her into the Charlatans. But on the other hand, her time with the T-Bolts in their Charlatan phase is a lot more iconic for her.

Anyway, she's getting a mini in her original costume next month, so that solves my dilemma.

Her powers are pretty straightforward enhanced speed/strength kind of stuff (but not to the point of being a speedster). She'll have energy crackle around her eyes/hands, but it just makes her run fast and punch good, not straight-up blast people. My take on that was just folding it into her stats, mostly (and Disengage): she's not crazy powerful, just needs to be strong enough to stunt on henchmen.

Most of the card is spent on trying to capture her relationship with the other Thunderbolts instead.

I couldn't feel good about just classing her as a Charlatan since she's not in on the con the other T-Bolts are running, but she does need to be able to roll in a build with them, so I thought TAKEN IN might be a good halfway point. Plus I couldn't resist the double meaning of the name.

For THUNDERBOLT INSPIRATION, I went the route of having her help all the Charlatans a bit, but give extra help to Atlas and MACH-I (the two Repentant Charlatans), since they're the goodest guys in the original crowd and Jolt is particularly close with Atlas.

You could also reasonably just key in on d20 rolls to do something that would benefit Erik and Abe and not the rest of the gang, but both their d20 powers are reactive/defensive rather than "let's go get 'em", so that didn't quite feel right.

Oh, and it's using a "revealed OM" mechanic to give Citizen V something to manipulate.

Last edited by Ronin; January 11th, 2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old January 11th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Not a character I'm at all familiar with, but based on the amount of paragraphs there, I assume she's important.

I think as-is, she just needs a little more jazz. As-is, she's pretty finnicky to play with. You can pretty consistently do the X OM trick with Zemo to not take a turn with her, but at that point, she's pretty much just a static stat booster that you park in the start zone. I can't imagine wanting to take a turn with a vanilla 4 attack melee unit, if I can avoid it. When Zemo goes down it's probably not worth every triggering her Inspiration power - even +1 attack isn't worth losing a turn with a stronger ally.

Even if it's pretty minor, I do think you need some reason to keep her around and actually take her out of the start zone - whether that's a once-per-round type attack, something that triggers when she's destroyed or wounded, something.
Old January 11th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Not a character I'm at all familiar with, but based on the amount of paragraphs there, I assume she's important.
Uh, important to the first arc of Thunderbolts? (And therefore to me?) Yes. Beyond that, not really. But she's one I've thought about a lot over the years.

Quote:
I think as-is, she just needs a little more jazz. As-is, she's pretty finnicky to play with. You can pretty consistently do the X OM trick with Zemo to not take a turn with her, but at that point, she's pretty much just a static stat booster that you park in the start zone. I can't imagine wanting to take a turn with a vanilla 4 attack melee unit, if I can avoid it. When Zemo goes down it's probably not worth every triggering her Inspiration power - even +1 attack isn't worth losing a turn with a stronger ally.

Even if it's pretty minor, I do think you need some reason to keep her around and actually take her out of the start zone - whether that's a once-per-round type attack, something that triggers when she's destroyed or wounded, something.
Hmm. Yeah, that's a fair point. I was trying to go as light as I could on her powers, since they're not anything really wild, but I may have gone a little too light.

Possibly also a good idea to put a range on her boost so she doesn't get consigned to the SZ.

EDIT: If I were to replace Disengage with something, my first instinct would be to go for a "move and attack a few times" style of SA.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:50 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Green Goblin:

Seems fine, as you say kinda a seat-filler. Cool to see Urich though, he was a fairly important part of the Spider-Girl comics.

Jolt:

She's interesting. Between Citizen V and Songbird she's probably viable in T-Bolts army, but yeah she could use a bit of spice so she does a little something when she gets a turn.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 18th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers Infinity set.
Its model number and name are #G023 / Eternity.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers Infinity set.
Its model number and name are #G022 / Infinity.

NAME = ETERNITY
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS =
PERSONALITY = PRAGMATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ~12 (double-spaced)

LIFE = SOME BIG NUMBER

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = SOME BIG NUMBER

ETERNITY'S GUIDANCE
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Guardian Hero you control. When choosing a figure for a special power on that Guardian's Army Card, you may treat any figure on the battlefield as if they are within 2 clear sight spaces of that Guardian.

MATTERS OF LITTLE IMPORT
Eternity can only attack Common or Unique figures if you do not control any Common or Unique figures.

MASTER OF SPACE
After taking a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to take an immediate turn with Eternity. During this turn, instead of moving normally, you may place Eternity on any unoccupied spaces within 10 spaces of Eternity. When Eternity moves with Master of Space, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

NAME = INFINITY
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS =
PERSONALITY = PRAGMATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ~12 (double-spaced)

LIFE = SOME BIG NUMBER

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = SOME BIG NUMBER

INFINITY'S GUIDANCE
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Guardian Hero you control. At the beginning of your turn, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen Guardian's card to any other cards in your army, or from any other cards in your army to the chosen Guardian's card.

MATTERS OF LITTLE IMPORT
Infinity can only attack Common or Unique figures if you do not control any Common or Unique figures.

MISTRESS OF TIME
If you win initiative and at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker from one Army Card of each opponent at random.

SUPER STRENGTH
These guys are kind of the "infinite abstract power but they tend not to intervene in anything except major crises" types, which is a bit hard to translate... I lifted a power for each of them off Anti-Monitor, since they're the embodiments of space and time respectively. They tend to show up in Jim Starlin's stuff to condescend to Adam Warlock, but also help him out a bit when he really needs it.

(Been reading through Infinity Watch lately... I'm actually past the point where Starlin stopped writing now, getting pretty close to the end)
Old January 18th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Interesting - I'd love to see them at some stage!
Mistress of Time is technically a different power name, so you'd need to tweak it a bit.
Should they just be restricted to helping Guardians? Who have they guided? I ask because I know them only from the Silver Surfer cartoon, and I know they guided him at the end.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2020, 07:01 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I'm hoping to just get away with Mistress of Time, since it's just a gender flip of the name and it's otherwise the same.

I feel like Starlin uses these guys way more than anyone else, so Adam Warlock is their number one guy. Eternity also shows up for Doctor Strange a bit, and Infinity has some connection to Quasar (or some of the Quasars, maybe not all of them? Not sure).

I don't think they associate much with Surfer in the comics. I did check his card to see if there was an easy umbrella that he and Warlock could both fit under (since I also watched that Silver Surfer cartoon recently), but nothing really jumped out at me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy