Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 4th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I love Star Wars too!

It's too bad all the sequels aren't very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I started being a fan of starwars when they remade the first trilogy in the 90's. I was 11years old round then and I loved it. Bought star wars action figures with lawn mowing money. When the prequels came out I was in the 9th grade when phantom menace came out. I didnt think of how bad it was because I loved darth maul so much, and destroyer droids. Number 2 was kinda meh with the love story but still had some good battle scenes, not to mention the introduction of the clone troopers. I liked episode 3 for multiple reasons. The clonetroopers had some of the coolest armor variants and actually killed things. Compare those jedi killing troopers to the imperial stormtroopers that never kill any heroes. I also like the bad guys winning sometimes. Irradicating most of the jedi is a big bad guy win. Id have to say my least favorite part of the new ones 7,8, is how much of the same they are to 4,5. At least with the prequels they told a valid story and had some plot twists in there. Who could have seen order 66 coming. I hope disney doesnt try to murder one of my favorite franchises. @ollie , I am 32, I feel older than that. Not older and wiser. Just older and wore out. I dont know what word you guys would use for that. I do know that im not a millenial. Dont have that mentality or work ethic.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I liked Rogue One. Empire Strikes Back was also good. To be honest, I don't care much for any of the others. I recognize that A New Hope was important to the history of cinema and I liked it as a kid. I also liked Return of the Jedi as a kid, but that was a long time ago. And it feels like a galaxy far, far away.

Heresy, I know.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 4th, 2018, 09:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

One problem I have with the new trilogy movies, is I think it is clear that The Last Jedi and The Force Awakens were not made by the same creative team. They don't flow together well at all, which is a terrible result for a 'planned' trilogy being filmed essentially back to back. Marvel has gotten away with changing up the creative teams in their 'trilogies' but it works for them as their stories often take place years apart and don't lead directly into each other. The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi take place over the course of what, 10 days or less? That right there was a bad decision. The first 6 movies in the Skywalker saga all have significant gaps of time in between each film. With Rogue One you wanted it to end right where A New Hope starts up, that was perfectly executed and most likely worked so well because we all have already known how the next chapter unfolded for decades. So connecting the dots was easy. In The Force Awakens they ended the movie in a way that demanded the next movie start right at that moment. Had they added another 5 minutes to the end of that film where Luke asks her who she is and how she obtained his light sabre in such a way that it was clear he was going to take her on as an apprentice, the next movie could have picked up months or even a year later.
Old April 5th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@ollie , I am 32, I feel older than that. Not older and wiser. Just older and wore out. I dont know what word you guys would use for that. I do know that im not a millenial. Dont have that mentality or work ethic.
I assume that you mean that millenials have a poor work ethic? That's certainly the perception in some quarters, but far from true among the many that I know. They are routinely working whatever jobs they can get, swamped with debt, and in a system that offers little hope of, say, buying a house or ever retiring.

Or maybe you meant you were a slacker. In which case, fine.

<checks thread title>

Um, maybe someone should make a movie about this?
Old April 5th, 2018, 08:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've only seen Rogue One of all the new films, not wanting to pay movie prices for them. I watched it for free on the plane home from Japan last Spring, and most people I know say I saw the only good one of them! I'll eventually watch them all for free on TV, but don't expect much.

I have hundreds of Star Wars minis that I've played with on Heroscape Terrain; the NYCG4 will probably try HOSS for the first time since it started up (the few cards I have were still drafts back then). I also have many 54mm SW Unleashed figures that I haven't done anything with yet, among my 30,000 other figures.

As a Baby Boomer I look at Star Wars as a 'Johnnie Come Lately' on the SciFi scene. But I've watched and enjoyed all 6 first flics, and most of the many animated versions. And I love Asoka (and have read that novel). Go figure! I have played other SW games and own some minor SW merchandise. I also enjoy The Queen's Gambit, the now rare board game based on the second (prequel) trilogy by one Craig Van Ness.

So Star Wars? Yes and no. Sometimes. I drink from a cup half full.

Chas Kenobi
Old April 5th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
@ollie , I am 32, I feel older than that. Not older and wiser. Just older and wore out. I dont know what word you guys would use for that. I do know that im not a millenial. Dont have that mentality or work ethic.
You're definitely a millennial. Just because a generation has an unfair and unearned reputation doesn't mean you get to deny the reality that you're part of that generation.

I mean the idea that Gen-Xers are a bunch of peyote smoking counter-culture rebels hasn't stopped @quozl or @Hahma or @Dad_Scaper from claiming their status there.

Btw, I'm probably alone in thinking that The Last Jedi might be the best of the bunch of the Star Wars franchise. I'm more and more starting to think it's my favorite of them (of course I'm the guy who liked Return of the Jedi better than Empire Strikes Back, so, yeah).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
You're definitely a millennial. Just because a generation has an unfair and unearned reputation doesn't mean you get to deny the reality that you're part of that generation.

I mean the idea that Gen-Xers are a bunch of peyote smoking counter-culture rebels hasn't stopped @quozl or @Hahma or @Dad_Scaper from claiming their status there.
Yeah, I own my Gen X rep

With regards to millenials, my oldest daughter will be 26 in a couple weeks and she has worked her butt off. She worked through the last 2 years of high school. She worked while going to college at SUNY Cortland, as well as doing several unpaid internships. When her boyfriend, now husband, had to do an internship for the Tiger Woods Foundation in Massachusetts after graduating from Cortland, she move there too and worked. After a year, they moved back to Albany and she got a job at the Albany school of Pharmacy (something like that). Did that for a year and found it going nowhere. She applied for a job with the state and got a job in the Department of Corrections, in the media relations office (she majored in Communications). She worked hard there for over a year, with she and her now husband paying for their own wedding last September.

About 8 weeks ago, she was offered a job (still with the state), working for the Governor, in his media office. She hesitated because she knew it was crazy there, but after being talked into it and urged to accept it, because it could be good for her future, she took it. I haven't talked to her since before Easter, but I know that after 6 weeks at the job, she has worked every day. Normal Monday through Friday, with sometimes traveling to events and havingto spend the night, but also anywhere from a full day on Saturday or Sunday, or a few hours on her laptop. She told me that they went to visit a friend to hang out, but she had to do some work while there. She has to carry her laptop everywhere; shopping, out to dinner, friends' places etc. Fortunately it's only for a year or two. But I know for a fact that millenial is working harder that a heck of a lot of people.

My niece os 25 and went to Purdue University for 6 years for speech pathology. She always had a job as well and when she did her externships at a school for 10 weeks and at my hospital for 10 weeks, she was working 7 days a week for at least those 20 weeks. She stayed at home during the week and worked 40 hours for free doing those externships, and then drove down to Purdue (a little over an hour away) to work both Saturday and Sunday to help pay for her apartment she still had a lease on. After graduation in August, she went down to Fort Myers Florida, because she wanted to go somewhere warmer. She used a placement service to get her in a school system down there. She's bored just working the normal school hours, and her boyfriend travels for work. So she's going to be doing home health care after work, as well as during the summers. She has a plan to pay off her student loan in 3 years.

My nephew is 22 and double majoring at Purdue. He works and has come up with a game design that he and his business partner created. They are currently kickstarting it, with only a fee days left in the campaign. They have worked their buttstock off developing the game and marketing it by hosting game nights in differ facilities at college, as well as game stores and conventions. They are working their butts off.

So I for sure know several millenials that are working harder and putting in more hours than most people of any age.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 5th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I’m with you on Last Jedi, Bats. I preferred Rogue One, but I’d probably put it at 3, just behind Empire. Those top 3 are very close. After that, in my book, the drop off is pretty steep.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 5th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet. But Rogue One was probably my favorite of all of the SW movies. I was disappointed in The Force Awakens.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
I assume that you mean that millenials have a poor work ethic? That's certainly the perception in some quarters, but far from true among the many that I know. They are routinely working whatever jobs they can get, swamped with debt, and in a system that offers little hope of, say, buying a house or ever retiring.

Or maybe you meant you were a slacker. In which case, fine.

<checks thread title>

Um, maybe someone should make a movie about this?
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet. But Rogue One was probably my favorite of all of the SW movies. I was disappointed in The Force Awakens.
I sat down last night to watch more of the last jedi and still didnt finish it. Princess leia poppins definitely didnt help.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies