Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 15th, 2015, 09:05 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

You can always roll a die randomly--although we may not get a third game in, I hope we will. Random roll worked fine for me last time I fielded multiple teams for a scenario.

Last edited by chas; May 20th, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old May 15th, 2015, 09:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

At our usual pace, the only way that [a third game] will happen is if my
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents drop in, take enough Glyphs to win, and rush out successfully, with minimal fighting. Somehow, I find that unlikely. The armies below are in order of efficiency, ease of play, and likelihood of winning this scenario (I think, but I could easily be wrong), yet the fun quotient looks like it runs in the opposite direction - that is, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent team will probably go in second or, most likely, third (or not at all).

330 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x 3 (C3G)
220 Nick Fury (C3G)
150 Hawkeye (C3G)

240 Hydra Agents x 3 (C3G)
220 Red Skull
(C3G)
140 Madame Hydra
(C3G)
100 Weather Wizard
(C3G)

240 Judge Dredd (C3G)
210 A.I.M. Agents x 3
(C3G)
160 Scientist Supreme
(C3G)
90 Vertigo
(C3G)

Last edited by kolakoski; May 16th, 2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 12:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

If we can get a bit closer to comic book adventure "reality" and still have fun games, I'll be happy with my own recent Supers scenarios. More information on how to run "ILLINOIS SMITH" will come to light after the game is played, which will provide some relatively small surprises to your players if you want to run the scenario in your own group, for added spice and Marvel Universe flavor.

* Here's a new tip from the GM: try not to lose all of your squad figures, whether Tech Squad members or others!*

My new Nick Fury Life Model Decoy (LMD) is now available for recruitment (see my Supers Customs thread). LMDs appeared in the very first issue of Nick Fury, Agent of Shield, as three of them were gunned down by Hydra assassins, while Colonel Fury of the OSS was being brought to SHIELD to be recruited as its director. Kolakoski is our player who most frequently fields SHIELD teams in our supers games, and I've informed him that he can use it if he likes for the upcoming game; if he wants to rotate it into his SHIELD team within the allowed point total.
Old May 17th, 2015, 03:03 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

It appears that, while all three of the following organizations' (
S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, and A.I.M.) teams are competing for the Kolakoski Konsortium's Artifact Recovery & Control Contract, S.H.I.E.L.D., whose Intelligence Division recently acquired startling, new evidence of Deathwing activity over the Alien Crash site, will be given the honor of going in first.

330 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x 3 (C3G)
220 Nick Fury (C3G)
150 Hawkeye (C3G)

240 Hydra Agents x 3 (C3G)
220 Red Skull
(C3G)
140 Madame Hydra
(C3G)
100 Weather Wizard
(C3G)

240 Judge Dredd (C3G)
210 A.I.M. Agents x 3
(C3G)
160 Scientist Supreme
(C3G)
90 Vertigo
(C3G)

Old May 17th, 2015, 04:14 PM

K.,

Actually, I told TW just after they were posted that the Zee Dees would be around, so it was only fair that I go public with that info (he wanted to take some). The hint was that they are forbidden to players in the scenario, aren't they? Which is how it came up, while discussing potential army building. But don't worry, they won't all be aimed at you. Some may even be headed for lovable me!

BTW, there is a another hint two posts back, and yet a third (actually the first) in the scenario briefing itself! Together, you now have one hint on all three "surprises" the players will encounter.

Chas the GM
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:43 AM

Well met!

New C3G Power Rankings just out. How our units fared:

kolakoski

330 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x 3 (C3G) A-
220 Nick Fury (C3G) A-
150 Hawkeye (C3G) B+

240 Hydra Agents x 3 (C3G) B
220 Red Skull (C3G) A+
140 Madame Hydra (C3G) B-
100 Weather Wizard (C3G) A-

240 Judge Dredd (C3G) B+
210 A.I.M. Agents x 3 (C3G) B
160 Scientist Supreme (C3G) B-
90 Vertigo (C3G) A-

Cheerleaders (Weather Wizard and Vertigo) are both A-, even better than I thought.

Taeblewalker

250 Fire Demons (C3G) B-
215 Quicksilver (C3G) B
120 Firestar (C3G) B
110 Kid Flash (C3G) B+

Fire Demons may only be a B-, but they scare the crap out of me in this scenario.

chas

240 Predator (C3G) B+
280 Kree Soldiers x 2 (Drewman-chu) D*
130 Kree Colonel (Drewman-chu) C*
40 Kree Scout (C3G) B-

Can't believe Drewman-chu's Kree Cloaking Technology is worth the price.

230 Bulleteer (Garada) B*
180 Gorillinators x 2 (Classic) B-**
170 Lara Croft (Grey Owl) A*
120 Nakita Agents (Classic) B**

235 Yellowjacket (Sherman Davies) A*
195 Dreadgul Raiders x 3 (VC) B+**
160 Nightwing (Sherman Davies) B+*
110 Man Bat (Sherman Davies) B+*

Sherman Davies' units are pretty good in this scenario, and also appear to work well as a team. Man Bat Bonds with the Raiders, thus the + in his B+. Yellowjacket's Trample Stomp is especially nasty on [what I'm assuming is] a single based figure.

*My guess for non C3G units.
** C3V/SoV-Inclusive Power Rankings.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 18th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old May 18th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Huh? There are C3G Power Rankings? Really? Ya learn something new every day... OK, no C3G A Range ranked cards (A+ to A-) are now allowed in this scenario!

(Just kidding, man--don't have a cow!)

Lara Croft says she'll take you out to dinner after she gets back from the Amazon Rainforest. Guess this makes GreyOwl happy.

What ranking do you give Zettian Deathwings ('Zee Dees')? Not that you'll meet any. Not that I learned how to use them out on Long Island last Saturday for the first time...MwaHaHa!

How about that brilliant innovation, The Tech Squad? Rated high or low, you need them for specialized scenarios, of which this is only the beginning!

TOP SECRET! More new Kree cards have been secretly sighted in the PMs of a certain independent designer who is not me.

*Now here this! Stand by for more Kree interference in you SuperScape life after this game! That is all!*
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:16 PM

Well met!

The Rankings are brand new. And my guesses are just that - they were for non C3G cards that will never be Ranked. I'm likely as not to be off by a full letter in either direction.
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:23 PM

Then I guess I'll have to rank you as: A+
Old May 19th, 2015, 12:26 PM

Well met!

dok, Dysole, et al. are A+. My guess is I'm an average B.

For all the fancy footwork involved in Glyph grabbing and analysis, even with the added wrinkle of neutral alien aircraft (and whatever other surprises chas has prepared for us), this is a 4-player free-for-all. As I said earlier,
"I expect the usual alliances and another version of Taeblewalker's Charge." Clever of him to find a such a powerful squad (Fire Demons) that allowed him to exceed the 240 points per card limitation imposed only upon heroes.

As of this moment, I consider loose cannon Taeblewalker to be my most dangerous opponent. Others might disagree, but we haven't heard from anyone yet. Maybe if I post a poll . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; May 19th, 2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Well, one of the effects of any of us blazing a trail by using a card new to our table, is that others become familiar with it. In this case, you may recall the C3G Fire Demons as minions of Thanos in one of the recent Infinity Gauntlet games as introduced by yours truly. But yes, its a smart play by TW--I specifically didn't take them so others could. What a nice Game Master. And since they carry and place their own Molten Lava hexes, I don't have to include any in my board set up (although I might). We usually proxy these boys with Minions of Utgar, which scare you anyhow, so its a good match.

I'll also take a tiny bit of the credit for the a minor design change to Lara Croft, from GreyOwl's design. What's different from what you posted now? Just two words, which are actually covered by the special scenario rules: While standing on (or carrying) glyphs... This since Treasure and Equipment Glyphs were introduced after GOs last update of her card. Now she's good to go for my second use of her this time around.

K. is referring to TW's rather tournament style method of dumping order markers on one strong character and taking him to the max point blank against another player. Its not necessarily going to fail, but is usually a kind of double or nothing tactic that we older guys don't often do ourselves. But then, I always lose in tournaments, as opposed to our big 20 x 30 space 4 way maps. The other three guys place quite well in tournaments.

Doc is saying on the new C3G Power Level rankings thread (which I've now printed out) that they will be rethinking some of the cards, so there is no reason you can't do the same, K.!

Last edited by chas; September 18th, 2023 at 02:23 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:31 PM

Well met!

I don't recall the previous appearance of the Fire Demons. Why are they only a B-?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion