Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 11th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Noob needs help with a Marro Army for 600 point tourney

Hi, I'm kinda new around here and I'd like your thoughts, suggestions, etc. on my idea for a (mostly) Marro army for a 600 pt. tournament:

Su-Bak-Na 160
Ki-Mo-Shi 130
Marro Warriors 50
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Roman Legionnaires x2 100

TOTAL: 580

As you can tell, I don't have access to multiple squads of Drones and I like to mindshackle; so much so that among the friends with which I am holding this tournament, I have a reputation to successfully mindshackle big units with relative ease (don't ask me how, but it seems to happen), which usually affects my opponent's strategy with their uniques.

The plan with this army would be to use Roman Legionnaires bonded with Me-Burq-Sa, supported by Marro Warriors to move in first to thin out/tie up my opponent's squads and weaker units. After this, I would move in with Ki-Mo-Shi/Ne-Gok-Sa and attempt to mindshackle/injure any larger units and ultimately putting the big hurt on them with Su-Bak-Na.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?
Any help is much appreciated!
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Re: Noob needs help with a Marro Army for 600 point tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom

Su-Bak-Na 160
Ki-Mo-Shi 130
Marro Warriors 50
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Roman Legionnaires x2 100

TOTAL: 580
Hmmm.
Ok - SBN - In a Marro Army, sure. Marro Warriors - absolutely. MBS with 2 Romans? Great. Thats a 360 core right there.
Ko Mo Shi and NGS... NGS I dont have a problem with. Hes a great warlord for the Romans to bond with once MBS is gone. So 450. Now, Ki Mo Shi I havent played with... I know you cant keep her adjacent to friendly figs becuase she hurts all your team aswell, and she looks fragile to me. With 150 points left, you wouldnt consider some hounds and more Romans? Its a shame you cant field drones - they really give a marro army the atmosphere, being the mainstay infantry...

Ultimately, it doesnt look like a bad army. It all depends on what else you have available - even 2 Drones might be useful, but the hounds are an almost definate!

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the site, Nadom!

My initial thought was that I don't like the Legionnaires without Marcus because of how slow they are, but in this case not only do they have two warlords to bond with, but the MBS bonding will be a nice way to start moving the Romans into position while beginning the ranged stuff. Ultimately, I like it.

To make it more thematic with less bonding, you could drop the Romans and the Marro Warriors to pick up three squads of Marrden Hounds. When they move, they're deadly and SBN is already there to help them move...

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 17th, 2006, 05:55 PM

NoIntentions has disabled reputation
i strongly, STRONGLY suggest at least one squad of Hounds. they're brutal and can easily wipe out entire swaths of squads. believe me, i've seen it done. with 5 defense, they can usually last a turn or two to do it more than once.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion