Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Need advice about birth of our child...

For those of you who have had kids already, I was wondering if you could share how your experience went with the actual birth and trip to the hospital and what to expect, etc...

I'm starting to get pretty nervous after reading some more from my wife's baby book about it.

Any advice you guys can share would be fantastic. Tracy (my wife), is due in little less than 3 weeks now (Feb. 17th is the specific due-date), so I could be heading to the hospital at any time.

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Need advice about birth of our child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
For those of you who have had kids already, I was wondering if you could share how your experience went with the actual birth and trip to the hospital and what to expect, etc...

I'm starting to get pretty nervous after reading some more from my wife's baby book about it.

Any advice you guys can share would be fantastic. Tracy (my wife), is due in little less than 3 weeks now (Feb. 17th is the specific due-date), so I could be heading to the hospital at any time.

Take dramamine!! Kidding!

Did you get your wife a gift yet?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
No I didn't. Crap, is that a custom that I'm supposed to do?
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Don't panic. You're not the first person to have a kid, nor are you the first person to be nervous about it.

My son was a month premature. My wife said to me one night - at like 2AM. "Honey my back is really hurting, I'm going to drive myself to the hospital."

Yeah right like I was going to let that happen. So I drove her to the hospital. Several hours later my beautiful son was born. No big whoop.

She wasn't rushing into labor like you see on TV or anything. In fact, I don't know anyone who that's ever happened to. Just take everything calmly. You want to be a source of strength for your wife. Stay relaxed, don't panic. You'll simply raise the tension all around, and that's not healthy for anyone.

If you can't keep relaxed, bring a flask Your wife has the hard work to do, Just be there to support her, and try to keep her relaxed as well. Just don't give her any sips of the flask.

And buy her some flowers!

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Ya! I didn't know about it either. Good thing somebody told me. I bought her a locket. I wen't home to feed the dogs after our baby was born and I quickly printed a pic of our daughter I had taken with my digital camera. I cut it out and placed it in the locket and gave it to her.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:30 AM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Yes, definitely buy a gift. There's really not a card nor box of candy that says "Hey, you just went through 19 hours of excruciating pain...have some chocolate." But yes, some flowers go a long way.

And as Eckels already said, you want to be a source of strength for your wife. You will have plenty of time, so be sure not to rush anything. Most importantly, don't forget her house slippers. If she doesn't have any, get her some...she'll thank you later, trust me.

No book, no internet forum, no anything really can prepare you for that moment. Just try to remain calm, because she'll panic if she sees you flustered.
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Ya! I didn't know about it either. Good thing somebody told me. I bought her a locket. I wen't home to feed the dogs after our baby was born and I quickly printed a pic of our daughter I had taken with my digital camera. I cut it out and placed it in the locket and gave it to her.
GB has a soft side? Never could tell looking at his other posts. JK

Anyway I have 2 sons both were premie. Forget everything you see on TV, its crud. Just be fluid, not flexible, and go with the flow. If you forget something like the overnight bag, dont panic. What can go wrong will go wrong if you stress bout it. heres another golden rule "Do not try and sypathize with her pain." You can not imagine. Woman gain unearthly strgnth during labor also and some times even seem demonic. Just be there for her and show her love.
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Messy Eater

Thank you SO much, this is gold!

I think I have just the perfect gift in mind now, so thank you VERY much for that suggestion, Grungebob.

I will do my best to stay relaxed during this and be supportive. I'm also pumped that someone mentioned the house slippers, I hadn't even thought of that!! D'oh!
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
This might sound a little silly, but try to get your wife to eat something before or during the drive to the hospital. If she is admitted, she won't get to eat anything but ice chips until the new addition arrives. We learned this lesson on our first kid and always had bananas and apples ready for D-Day.

Also, if you're video taping or taking pictures...aim the camera from her head down to baby...not the other direction.

Congrats! Have a name picked out yet?
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY
This might sound a little silly, but try to get your wife to eat something before or during the drive to the hospital. If she is admitted, she won't get to eat anything but ice chips until the new addition arrives. We learned this lesson on our first kid and always had bananas and apples ready for D-Day.

Also, if you're video taping or taking pictures...aim the camera from her head down to baby...not the other direction.

I think Billtog would be an excellent name, be it a boy or girl.

Seriously though, good luck! Childbirth is pretty freaking sweet.
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:

Good one, but make it easy food like apple sauce. if she has to undergo surgery like a c-section, the anesthesia most likely will make her ill. So keep the food simple and easy. Applesauce has pectin in it, a natural stomach soothing element.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:

I think Billtog would be an excellent name, be it a boy or girl.

Seriously though, good luck! Childbirth is pretty freaking sweet.
Sadly if it's a girl it will never grow up to have your amazingly macho beard.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General