Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 6th, 2018, 03:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I can say, the wording on the card is pretty well spaced currently. So from a spacing stand point, it would be possible to include. However, it seems like a lot of complexity for a minimal payoff, since only a couple figures have that power. Same reason I don't feel adding the Sleeping Gas or Fear Gas call outs is worth it. FWIW, Sleeping Gas already naturally combos nicely with Freddy as it shuts figures down from moving and attacking, much like Diablo's Sleep Potion.
Yeah, I was going to mention that I had looked at the sleeping gas glyph again and thought it already worked well as a nice ally without needing a boost. Hadn't thought of Diablo's power, that is another interesting pairing. I like that he already has a nice little crew he can run with in Sandman and Diablo.

Have you settled on Undead then? I know you were considering other options.
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:06 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Army Test 1 (X version)
Map: Custom
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), Jason Voorhees(175), War Machine(270), Diablo(140), Swordsman(160) (920)
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Beast(170), Psylocke(250) (920)
Spoiler Alert!

I'm liking the feel of this direction, and unless there's resistance to it, I think I'll call for a vote to officially move forward into Initials later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Have you settled on Undead then? I know you were considering other options.
I'm good with Undead or Demon. I don't have a preference between the two. Traditionally, he's probably best classified as Undead, but he's often referred to as a Dream Demon and has Demon like visuals and qualities to him, so it fits if we want to go that route. I don't believe there's any real Demon synergy so I'm not sure there's any fun advantage if we go that route.

Last edited by Arkham; February 6th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:47 PM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

It's not much of a change, but any competitive concerns on the following:

Quote:
NAME = FREDDY KRUEGER
SECRET IDENTITY = FREDDY KRUEGER
SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SLASHER
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ~170

FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the battlefield. Instead of taking a turn with Freddy, if Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round. Roll two unblockable attack dice against the chosen figure. If you roll at least one shield, Freddy receives 1 wound. If you roll at least one blank, place Freddy on a space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
When rolling for Freddy's Coming For You, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to re-roll any dice once. Your Worst Nightmare may not be used if the chosen figure is a Telepath, has the Fearless personality, or has the Mental Shield special power.

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
Anytime Freddy destroys a figure, you may immediately place Freddy on this card. At the start of each of your turns after Freddy has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If the result is 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card.

Old February 6th, 2018, 06:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

I have to agree with YK's thoughts on a little extra complexity for interactions with Telepaths, I can also visualize those Subconscious battles with Shadow King and others (X-Men Legends anyone?) but it also calls to mind Nightmare on Elm Street: the Dream Warriors, which I like as well. My favorite thing about C3G is how we find ways to blend two seemingly seperate things into one concept. I guarantee you Chris Claremont, Stan Lee, and Wes Craven never dreamed of this kind of interaction.

EDIT: Also, I prefer Demon, if you have no preference. Undead doesn't seem quite right.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for doing the re-tag The new version pushes him more towards only getting the first numbered Om (and now the X) during a round instead of going full bore with him, but I think that was really the best play for the last version too most of the time anyway. I don't have any new competitive concerns; he is a bit stronger this way I'd think, but not in a way that really changes how he plays that much.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:36 PM

I wouldn't say he's necessarily stronger, as the shields will add up, and those wounds will make him even easier to take out(meaning less turns from the opponent) once he's on the field. Plus he's lost his -1 defense on attacks, and the ability to take off figures to make his return more likely. So I wouldn't say stronger, just more economy friendly as it pertains to the Order Markers for sure. The re-roll is nice, but he has an equal chance of rolling a shield or blank as he does a skull, so it's more or less a second chance than it is any sort of guaranteed more damage.

Glad there's no real competitive concern. I think I'll call for a vote here soon as I've gotten 1 game in with this version and I think it played well.

Old February 6th, 2018, 07:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Really brutal against a lantern army. Overall a tough figure to evaluate but it feels pretty strong. Just dishing out an infinite-range attack at the start of some early rounds is pretty cool. He combos well with passive units that can lengthen the game.

I gather from the wording that you can reveal OMs even when he's not on the battlefield, but I think it should be explicit. It's also not totally clear that removing the wounds means he's not destroyed any more.
Old February 6th, 2018, 07:26 PM

We'll have to make sure to word those things clearly. As for a rough game for the Lanterns, yeah he'll be a star against them, but with a ~30% chance of rolling a blank each turn, Hal specifically being Fearless preventing the X re-roll, and their rather decent defense compared to his low attack once he's on the board, I feel they can manage. It'll definitely need testing though.

Old February 6th, 2018, 07:52 PM

I changed the shields aspect to be 1 wound to Freddy per shield rolled rather than just 1 wound for one or more shields. This should further keep him in check.

Potential dials to turn if he's coming in too strong, would be to lower his life to 5, and bump his return requirement etc.

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playesting.
@Ronin - Yea
@japes
@Yodaking
@johnny139

Last edited by Arkham; February 7th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

yea

Haven't been able to keep up with all the changes from one version to the next, but the current write-up looks good.

If you wanted to go a little more vague with the species, you could call him an Entity. Wouldn't make a difference from Demon synergy-wise, though being a Demon gives him a few vulnerabilities.

A little early for wording edits, but while I'm thinking about it, I do think there's just a little extra language needed to make sure Freddy's always on his card when he's supposed to be. (And that you can actually put OMs on him when he is)

Quote:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger does not starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. While Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may still reveal Order Markers on this card. When you do, instead of taking a turn with Freddy, if Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round. Roll two unblockable attack dice against the chosen figure. For each shield rolled, Freddy receives 1 wound. If you roll at least one blank, place Freddy on a space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible.

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the battlefield. Anytime Freddy destroys a figure, you may immediately place Freddy on this card. At the start of each of your turns after Freddy has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If the result is 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card and place Freddy on this card. Freddy is no longer considered destroyed.
Pasteability:

Quote:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. While Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may still reveal Order Markers on this card. When you do, instead of taking a turn with Freddy, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round. Roll two unblockable attack dice against the chosen figure. For each shield rolled, Freddy receives 1 wound. If you roll at least one blank, place Freddy on a space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible.

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
Anytime Freddy destroys a figure, you may immediately place Freddy on this card. At the start of each of your turns after Freddy has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If the result is 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card and place Freddy on this card. Freddy is no longer considered destroyed.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Old February 6th, 2018, 10:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Five Nights at Freddys

Without any build up like on the old version, the math is pretty simple. Without rerolls, you're looking at (rounded to the nearest decimal)

25% odds of 2 skulls
33% odds of 1 skull and 1 shield
17% odds of 1 skull and 1 blank
11% odds of 2 shields
11% odds of 1 shield and 1 blank
3% odds of 2 blanks

Or to put it another way, you'll get your 2 wounds 25% of the time, inflict at least one wound 75% of the time, keep from getting wounded about 45% of the time, and appear on the battlefield about 31% of the time.

Now with rerolls (assuming you're allowed to reroll whatever dice showed)

56% odds of 2 skulls
25% odds of 1 skull and 1 shield
13% odds of 1 skull and 1 blank
3% odds of 2 shields
3% odds of 1 shield and 1 blank
1% odds of 2 blanks

Or to put it another way, you'll get your 2 wounds 56% of the time, inflict at least one wound 93% of the time, keep from getting wounded about 70% of the time, and appear on the battlefield 17% of the time.

Not sure if that's superior auto wounding considering it's once a round and requires 2 OMs, but in some matchups that's brutal.

~Dysole, counting sheep
Old February 6th, 2018, 11:48 PM

I've got a couple of tweaks in mind to ease those odds a bit. So far though, I've run a few games with him preparing for initials, and things seem good. The re-roll has been pretty hit or miss, but feels fun when using it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library