Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 5th, 2018, 02:24 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Breathing)

@Soundwarp SG-1 Any thoughts thus far on that game? I plan to run more to compile together for Initials, but if there’s anything that sticks out as I go I’d like to halt and figure out if adjustments are necessary. So far, I wouldn’t be opposed to increasing the d20 roll to come back to 18. Just because his unblockables are proving to be nasty when he’s lucky, so that may warrant a harder time coming back to life. But I’d like to play at least one more game to see how his luck plays out again.

Old February 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No expert on theme, but I'm kind of digging the use of demon here for species.

With each kill giving him a +2 to his d20 roll to return, I'd start with the d20 roll being higher or reduce the bonus to +1.

I see he can't attack figures with the mental shield power, but then I see him attacking Prof. X and Psylocke and they had no defense. That seems off to me that powerful telepaths are hopelessly defenseless to his dream attacks. Is there an easy way to give all telepaths some small defense without making them immune? Maybe let telepaths roll a def. die for each att. die with shields blocking the skulls?

I know we mostly like to test figures out on small to medium sized boards, but I want to point out that my play group often plays multiplayer games on huge table sized boards where teams often can spend a full round or two just moving up into position. In games like that why wouldn't the team with Freddy just refuse to leave the SZ with their figures on the board and just put all OM's on Freddy for free wounds. By the time the other team reaches the opponents SZ they could be already cut to shreds.

Last thought I had here would be to run an army with all figures that can come back from the dead (Thanos, Grundy, Jason, Freddy, etc.), and just see how long you can keep the army going.
Old February 5th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Seems fine so far. I honestly was never really worried about his ability to wound Professor X, since as you saw it's easy to avoid that, I was more worried about him being an efficiency drain on the other team. The drain on you're own efficiency made up for it though.

I'd suggest some games where you just feed him 1 OM on occasion after the first round, instead of going full bore with him all the time, as I think that's the stronger play most of the time. That or pairing him with figures that don't need turns to earn kills, like Warmachine, Counterstrikers, etc. Jason was a good pick in that regard, but I don't feel the Wrecking Crew are Freddy's best picks as they really want to get all the OMs themselves and try to Blitzkrieg the other team.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 5th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I see he can't attack figures with the mental shield power, but then I see him attacking Prof. X and Psylocke and they had no defense. That seems off to me that powerful telepaths are hopelessly defenseless to his dream attacks. Is there an easy way to give all telepaths some small defense without making them immune? Maybe let telepaths roll a def. die for each att. die with shields blocking the skulls?
Letting telepaths 'roll defense' against his unblockables feels like it would get very messy. I'd just do something like if Freddy rolls a shield, they get to inflict a wound on him. Makes sense that they'd be able to 'fight back' when he tries to dream assault them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Letting telepaths 'roll defense' against his unblockables feels like it would get very messy. I'd just do something like if Freddy rolls a shield, they get to inflict a wound on him. Makes sense that they'd be able to 'fight back' when he tries to dream assault them.
Yeah I kind of like that as it is much simpler but still gets across the theme of the telepaths fighting back. Opens up the counter draft options too as now Freddy would be more likely to avoid telepaths until they are the last ones left.
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:28 PM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Good feedback.

A potential alternative approach to his wounding, would be a d20 roll with various outcomes.
Quote:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the battlefield. Instead of taking a turn with Freddy, if Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 4 or lower, immediately place Freddy on a space adjacent to
the chosen figure, if possible;
• If you roll 5-9, nothing happens;
• If you roll 10-15, the chosen figure receives 1 wound,
• If you roll 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
Subtract 3 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath, has the Fearless personality, or has the Mental Shield special power.
That's the cleanest way of implementing what you're suggesting, IMO. Gives those a higher chance to yank him out, and a lower chance of him harming them. This also makes it so if you yank him out, you essentially avoid all damage, which is something that's not currently the case. When he's rolling 2-3 dice, he could get a skull and a blank. Just a possible direction if we want to go that route.

I'm not against the shields approach though, we'd just have to find a way to word it without it feeling too cluttered with verbiage.

Old February 5th, 2018, 04:42 PM
C3G Landlord

On one hand I like the d20 approach as you can tweak the % results easier as testing moves forward and we are trying to balance him. On the other hand, their are several d20 manipulating powers out there now and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I guess that would be your call.
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:04 PM

I think the odds and chances of things are drastically different between the 2 versions, outside of any d20 modifiers. For one, you have to burn more turns to get higher amount of wounds with the current route, but in turn the more dice you roll the higher the chance of a blank rolled as well. It can eventually, at it's best, get to 3 potential wounds if you spend all turns on Freddy.

With the d20 route, it's a max 2 wounds per turn spent with Freddy. With each turn giving the same odds of him getting pulled out (20%). I'm not sure how the rest of the odds breakdown. 6 total unblockable dice rolled over the course of 3 turns vs. 3 d20 rolls over the course of 3 turns. That's some advanced math that I feel maybe @Dysole would attempt.

Old February 5th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Not too opinionated on the d20 vs unblockable issue - the unblockables route feels cleaner, but the d20 route gives you more dials to turn.

I don't think the d20 modifiers would be too much of a concern. It wouldn't be easy to modify his roll, since he won't be in clear sight of anyone or even on the battlefield when he uses the power. You couldn't boost it with Batman III, who's the d20-modifying elephant in the room.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive Collection 17: Blasters and Beast Masters)
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:15 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Good feedback.

A potential alternative approach to his wounding, would be a d20 roll with various outcomes.
Quote:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the battlefield. Instead of taking a turn with Freddy, if Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 4 or lower, immediately place Freddy on a space adjacent to
the chosen figure, if possible;
• If you roll 5-9, nothing happens;
• If you roll 10-15, the chosen figure receives 1 wound,
• If you roll 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
Subtract 3 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath, has the Fearless personality, or has the Mental Shield special power.
That's the cleanest way of implementing what you're suggesting, IMO. Gives those a higher chance to yank him out, and a lower chance of him harming them. This also makes it so if you yank him out, you essentially avoid all damage, which is something that's not currently the case. When he's rolling 2-3 dice, he could get a skull and a blank. Just a possible direction if we want to go that route.

I'm not against the shields approach though, we'd just have to find a way to word it without it feeling too cluttered with verbiage.
My initial thought was, "No, the power is working as is, it just needs some tweaking." But after thinking about it and reading over what you have there, I am actually thinking this may be best. I agree that a d20 power makes it way simpler to tweak the percentages as the design is tested, and this power actually managed to encompass that aspect of the Telepath's that we wanted. Good idea!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Something to ponder... Would a Telepath be putting up a mental fight if they are asleep? I know the brain doesn’t shut down, but would they somehow be able to be stronger against Freddy in the Dreamrealm? Same for Mental Shield and such. Just something I had thought about.

Old February 5th, 2018, 08:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

IMO, Telepath, yes. The rest, maybe. Depends on the who. I feel that Telepathy is strongly related to the subconcious mind, that's why initially most Telepath's cannot control their powers. Through training and hard work, they achieve varying levels of control. Jean Grey, Xavier, and Emma Frost should have no problem standing up to this guy in their subconcious, where the dream state resides. Not sure about Magneto, but I suppose through years of training to combat Charles, he probably is better than average. One figure that doesn't have Mental Shield and probably should is Dr. Strange. Maybe that's our fix? Gonna take this thought over there.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library