Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 10th, 2018, 11:57 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Initial PLaytest)

Once more Heroes have chimed in with how they'd like to proceed, be it with what's in the SP or if there's a desire for a different approach, we will move forward.

Old February 11th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Once more Heroes have chimed in with how they'd like to proceed, be it with what's in the SP or if there's a desire for a different approach, we will move forward.
I'm a little lost on where we're at and what's being argued. There's been a lot to keep up with here and I will catch up, but I haven't yet.

One small thing you could do to limit the number of OM hubs that are really easy to screw over is adjust the wording of 1, 2, Freddy's Coming for You for clarity and consistency with Sandman's Prophetic Dreams, which can't be used if Sandman was moved at all. Just something like "you may choose a figure on the battlefield that has not been moved or attacked this round". Makes it a little more lax.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Old February 11th, 2018, 12:33 AM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm game if it helps things a bit, I'm just unsure what effect that has compared to current. Can you explain?

Old February 11th, 2018, 02:44 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Well, seems to me that Angel or Nightcrawler could move Professor X and he is still free of 1,2 Freddy's coming for you - if I'm understanding YK correctly.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 11th, 2018, 03:04 AM

Hmmm, that did come up in my tests. I had thought of the ruling on that and decided figures placed wouldn't count as moved. I'm fine with that change though if that's the purpose. Makes sense to me. Makes Martian Manhunter the ultimate Freddy repellent. Updated the SP.

FWIW, I think Order Marker hubs do have a nice built in effective way of dealing with Freddy. If Freddy tries to get the jump on an OM hub, and he rolls a shield, that means the opponent is prepared to just go full attention on Freddy to get rid of him. For Freddy to get back onto his card, he needs to be unengaged at the start of his turn or at the time he destroys a figure. So if Freddy leaves engagement in hopes of starting his next turn not engaged, the opponent can choose to just engage him again. If he destroys a figure and Freddy is still engaged with another figure, he's not going anywhere. 6 life and 3 defense, even with a healing factor, won't match up against most OM hubs who can swarm him with their army.

Honestly, Freddy will probably be at his best in large games, or games against non-OM hubs, because his best targets are the ones that he can hopefully run away from once placed on the board, because they aren't able to take a turn to re-engage him. OM hubs generally(not always), are leading their army and generate multiple turns etc. with figures of their choosing. So that's going to be where Freddy struggles most to get away. Mr. Fantastic is basically Freddy Kryptonite with his Rubber Wrap. Luke Cage would be able to pound Freddy to pieces along with his chosen ally. Prof. X and Mystique usually have a Mutant or two on standby, plus the Angel, Kitty, and Nightcrawler thing that just got added. Odin would obliterate him. Scandal can move other Outlaws and would dice Freddy. Freddy is better off preying on the defenseless and the abandoned(back at the start zone, or those without an OM in non-OM hub games).

Last edited by Arkham; February 11th, 2018 at 03:40 AM.
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, as long as it's playing well, I'm good with the current streamlined iteration.
Old February 11th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep, the intent of what I suggested is to clarify that if a figure gets moved by Angel or J'onn or whomever, that figure is no longer 'sleeping' and Freddy can't go after em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
For what it's worth, as long as it's playing well, I'm good with the current streamlined iteration.

I trust you to keep an eye on him and make changes during the initial if he's not fun to play against.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Old February 11th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Silly Promo Pro, Dinosaurs are for Orcs

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth

Yep, placing always counts as moving.

C3V is bringing back classic 'scape! / C3G is creating SUPER stuff for Heroscape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:00 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Freddy Krueger

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), Jason Voorhees(175), War Machine(270), Shang-Chi(230), Cosmo(160) (1010)
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Beast(170), Psylocke(250), Angel(90) (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), War Machine(270), Diablo(140), Blob(165), Oracle (110), Star Sapphire(140) (1000)
vs.
Green Lantern(Hal)(350), Green Lantern(John)(340), Green Lantern(Kilowog)(310) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), Jason Voorhees(175), Cosmo(160), War-Machine(270), Diabo(140) (920)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Captain America(240), Gamora(310), Firestar(120) (920)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He definitely feels like Freddy. His unblockable can feel nasty if he rolls lucky, but with a 33% chance to fail each time, he can also get pulled out multiple times in a row. The high risk high reward approach is certainly felt. In game 2 he was destroyed without doing any damage, but in game 3 he was pulled out several times and managed to squirm his way back to safety thanks to the combo of Cosmo back at the start zone. He feels fun, but it's hard to justify his cost at 175 as he's eating turns for likely 1 wound, 2 wounds if you're lucky, or to just outright be pulled out and risk death. He's playing with fire, pun definitely intended. Overall I'd say we drop him to 165 and see how he does in Public Playtesting. I'm ready to see how others fare with him, as I've lost every single game I've played with him, across all versions, so either I'm not maximizing his potential, or he's just not worth building everything around him. Regardless, he's fun, so I'm thinking a drop to 165 and we'll see what happens.

Old February 14th, 2018, 12:54 AM

I’m liking how he plays, very risky and devious. I feel maybe he could benefit from the -1 to the opponents defense when he attacks power he originally had, or something else beyond his unblockable. Not sure. The constant losses is a little concerning as I’m not sure how to build a more ideal army for him unless he’s best just not having a catered army and instead is someone to tack on. Otherwise a simple points drop could suffice. I feel I’ve tested him to death along the way though so I’m ready for others to give him a go, so whatever tweaks we make, I’d prefer to keep minor so it’s not requiring starting from square 1 again.

Old February 14th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is he fun to play without the -1?

In that case I would try a point drop, otherwise go for the -1.
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:39 AM

I'd like to see what other opinions are out there to determine what direction to go in. Personally, he's probably fine without anything added, as I felt he played fine. Unreliable and risky, but potentially nasty. So perhaps just dropping some points is the better route as I see him as a better tacked on figure rather than a center piece. He's too hot and cold for that, which is probably why I was losing every game, tailoring the army too much to try and support him. I'm just afraid he runs that risk of being undraftable due to how risky he is.

I'll let it sit 'til tomorrow, collecting any other opinions, then call for a vote.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library