Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 17th, 2006, 10:36 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Eclipse's Maps - (NEW MAP! 6/8/08 )

Assault on Esenwein Manor

Part 1: The Courtyard
Part 2: The Haunted Corridor
Part 3a: The Kennel
Part 3b: The Furnace
Part 4a: Iskra's Lab
Part 4b: The Pantry
Finale: The Great Hall

A band of heroes approach the castle of the vampire lord Cypren. The Esenwein Clan has long terrified the nearby villages, but tonight, their eternal lives will come to an end.

Terror at Morindan Village

A small band seeks refuge in Morindan Village and discover the ghost town might not be as dead as it first appears...

The Tri-Colosseum

Big battles in small places! In this Valhallan bloodsport, teams fight for control of the elements as fans cheer from above.

Fall of the Knights of Weston (aka Sir Hawthorne's Betrayal)

Relive the battle that brought the Knights of Weston to Valhalla! Sir Denrick fights against all odds to keep his order alive, but will a betrayal in the ranks lead to his demise?

The North Nostralund Checkpoint

Once a vital defense of the Nostralund territory, the Northern Checkpoint stands unguarded in the wake of a natural disaster. The defenders return, eager to reclaim their post, but find they're not the only one's interested in controlling the route to Nostralund.

The North Nostralund Checkpoint - Meta Mega Map Project

When I first started North Nostralund, it was envisioned to be a sampling of everything Heroscape had to offer. The problem, of course, is that large maps tend to be prettier than functional. The goal of the Meta Mega Map Project is to make 5 separate maps out of each of the main terrain concepts in Heroscape that are designed in such a way that they can be connected into one epic battlefield. Essentially, a map that can be set up, but used individually when a colossal battle isn't really what I have in mind.

The Passage of Flames - NEW! (6/8/08 )

Last edited by Eclipse; June 9th, 2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old November 17th, 2006, 10:57 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
thats nice idea. not to mention the map
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:20 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I like it. The scenario seems pretty cool too.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:56 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Very, very cool idea. It makes the game more like a competition, a notion that I am fond of. I really like how you made this scenario have a third party (the Snipers and spectators) that can be controlled by rolling, and used by your opponent against you, or you against your opponent. This adds a whole new level to this scenario.

What if, to add to this and make it harder, there was a huge beast in each room that was neutral as well. Except the beast would attack anyone in the room, so claiming each room would be that much more difficult. Once a player entered a room, the opponent couldn't enter that room until you bested the beast, or the beast bested you. Then your opponent could try and claim the room after that battle was over. Or, the beast comes back with full health for your opponent, so there is no advantage of you weakening a beast, losing, and your opponent waltzing in and easily finishing him off.

Maybe have Braxas in the Lava colesium, Neilfiem in the Tundra, and Jotun in the Forest.

I'd also add that "control" of a room is only gained if you are the only surviving combatant for say two or three turns, giving your opponent a chance to get there and challenge your victory.

What if each player drafted a certain point value of their own fans? Certain fans cheer for one team, and the other fans cheer for the other team, much like a violent European soccer game? They could even riot at the end of the game, no matter the outcome, because one side is always pissed at the other.

This would also give a reason to attack the fans, because you'd end up having to fight them with your fans at the end of the game, so you could lean the odds more to your favor for the post-show rioting...

There are a LOT of possibilities with this... I'd love to see it on a larger scale, too. Double each particular expansion in each coliseum making the interior battleground more spacious, resulting in each coliseum being larger. Maybe even a second tier for additional spectator seating...

Overall, I REALLY like your idea, it is very ingenious. Great concept, great description, and wonderful ideas.

Click to see more...
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:12 AM

theats has disabled reputation
wow, how many sets, at least 6 castles, already.

this gives me an idea for a labrynth, it will have several gates, yes, a third party, mabey a dumateff in ploace of a minotaur, and some more wolfs.

im thinking of using 4 castles.

Theophilus.
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:04 PM

This thread is way too cool to fall to the second page in merely four days. Kicking it back to the top so more can see and enjoy this great map idea.

Click to see more...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM

theats has disabled reputation
its better to use

Theophilus.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I agree, VERY cool!

I have only one castle set, so couldn't possibly recreate the arena as is, but this gave me a great inspiration for building "dueling" islands with the same concept. A lava island, a forested island, an abandoned ruins island, a glacier island, etc.... all surrounded by deep water and connected by roads... players have to fight for control of 2 out of 3 island areas for win.... no flying or slither allowed outside of islands.

Thanks for the inspiring build, Eclipse!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
its better to use
Yeah, but that's so cliche...

Click to see more...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
sweet idea, eclipse. How many sets of whch are used?
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
sweet idea, eclipse. How many sets of whch are used?
Thanks for the praise. Honestly this thing doesn't require all that many sets other than castles. It obviously requires 6 just for the doorways, but even then I don't use a lot of the wall pieces. The actually interior arenas generally use 2-3 sets of each terrain expansion, though you can probably get by with just 1 if you'd like. I used a lot of Mastersets as well, but mostly just so I could abuse my collection of the 24 hex grass/rock pieces to put it together faster. I'm sure you can get that kind of space with fewer sets pretty easily. It's really the doors that bump the requirements on this map.
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:44 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
would there be any kind of mid to be made to use only 3 doors?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios