Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: How should i deal with these giants?
Fight fire with fire! draft the giants first! 5 7.14%
Lots of pesky/kickass squads 25 35.71%
Use lots of giant-killer heroes 8 11.43%
Get a fair mix of each, and hope for the best! 32 45.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall... Right?

Actually, the bigger they are(in point value), the harder they fall(as they take out a large portion of your opponents army) would be correct, in a way.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?

One word: Krug. At my tournament in Vancouver I killed Charos and Tor-Kul-Na in the same game and Krug did'nt even die.
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:45 AM

iamawesome Woo who?

lmao wilbus, ur so jealous. we did a blindfolded draft (literally) tonight, and it was awesome. ill explain it to you at school tomorrow. bascially, jonn and i were on a team, and we thought it was over, but it came down to isamu (jonny), charos (Zack) and sparticus (me) and i rolled 5 skulls to his 0 defense to finish him off at the last second. but yea, it was awesome we're doing another blindfolded draft soon dude
Old October 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Actually, the bigger they are(in point value), the harder they fall(as they take out a large portion of your opponents army) would be correct, in a way.
I think it's a crap shoot. Isamu is 10 points and I've never, ever played in a match where he didn't kill a hero or significant squaddie. Conversely, I've played against Krug and he's never lived more than a few rounds once he lumbers out of the start zone.

Some are different - Q10 can be a real bugger to deal with and deals a good amount of damage, and Nilfheim/Zelrig can really ruin a brother's day.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm on the other end of the Isamu spectrum. I've never had him inflict so much as one wound nor successfully use Vanish more than once.

-insert signature here-
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM

iamawesome Woo who?

I find that Isamu typically works for everyone that I play. But not for me and now that you've reminded me, he did manage to take out some Nakita with Isamu. Oh and my friend is so lucky with his rolling, (zach, if you were wondering ethan), that when he was rolling for Runa's massive curse-like ability, he rolled about three 20's in a row to kill a tagawa samurai, a weakened sujoah, and a 12th mass.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM

iamawesome Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
Conversely, I've played against Krug and he's never lived more than a few rounds once he lumbers out of the start zone.
I also haveto agree with that, too. Not necessarily from my use of him, however, but when anyone starts to move him all attention is put on him so that he may be taken out as fast as possible before he double attacks with full power.

Last edited by iamawesome; October 30th, 2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: errors...
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Just a note, but Krug needs to lumber out after much (at least some) of the fire power is neutralized--dead or engaged by less valuable units.

I taught some new players the game the other day and one guy just obliterated the others until only Isamu and another unit was left--then, with about 10 lucky rolls (!), Isamu went on to take out 2 Krav and Zelrig and clinch the game. Wish the red ninja would do that for me!
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:29 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ahh yes, iamawesome, you are facing the same problem I always have. Whenever I get new expansions I never know what to do with them.

SW8K has offered you such sage advice I don't know what to say, except to agree with everyone else here that bigger does not mean better.

My nephew LOVES the large expansions, has ever one, but he freely admits that letting me run an all squad army against them would end up with me winning every time. The entire point of Zelrig's special attack is to give the hero's a fight back.

But if you really want to stick it to him, go for the insta-kill heros (like ne-gok-sa.) There is nothing worse than having a 200 point hero wisked away in the prime of his life. It'll be more than worth it just to watch the look on your friends face.
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:54 AM

Krrypt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Tie them up with squads (preferably expendable ones), maybe get a pop shot or two with some ranged squads. Once they inflict as much damage as they can before they die (if they die) then use your big guns (key figures, not necessarily large figures). This tends to work just as well, if not better, than giant vs giant. Of course, you could always try for Deadeye Dan

Old November 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM

yodaman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Snipers are the way to go. many giants do not have ANY ranged ability's, nor can they climb well. Put a squad of Marro stingers on a high platform and most giants are in trouble. I have been the victim or purveyor of this attack more than once and it generally works.
PS most Soulborgs suck against Giants.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles