Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 18th, 2021, 09:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

To help you with army building, here are the 20 new C3V cards in point ranking. An asterisk means cards clearly meant to be taken together in the same army; parenthesis shows the number of figures in a squad. Most are inexpensive and so easy to add:

Corvor The Tainted One 175
Breach 145
Wildwood Monarch 140 *
Z'thoth, Mouth of the Abyss 140
Motley Max 135
Millerson 105
Himmelskralle 100
Wildwood Sentinel 100 *
Red Mantis Blade Dancers (2) 80
Re-Tak-Shi 80
Kuthnak 70
Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands (3) 65
Louis "Mad Dog" Malone 60
Cal The Smuggler 60
12th Caucasus Rifles (3) 60
Acolytes of Vorganund (3) 50
Clawfoot Interceptor 50
Gen. Simon Fraser 45
Wildwood Runner* 40
Tombstone Gunslinger 25
Old April 21st, 2021, 02:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

it looks like we'll have an Islandscape Tournament to attend this summer! WarBanner says he's planning to host it as usual. I suppose you can look for it later on in Events!

I joined The League of Extraordinary Heroscapers on Boardgamegeek. There is a general discussion Forum there under Rise of the Valkyrie (Master Set One).

I bought a cool microbadge for them that says "You can have my Scape when you pry it from my arthritic hands!"

Last edited by chas; April 21st, 2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old April 21st, 2021, 06:56 AM

Ishmel checked in and is now fully vaccinated. He's working on his two armies, and will bring some of the recommended figures he's got for the new C3V cards.

I've built my two armies, and pulled them together physically, along with Kolakoski's. As usual all my stuff will be available for use, from figures and cards to dice, order, and wound markers.

If anyone has suggestions for a map, I can use something from the site, or free build one.
Old April 21st, 2021, 08:43 AM

Some of the four armies for our upcoming "Reopening" game session (and two more not completed yet) which I've seen so far are just adding one new C3V character, others are going all or almost all new characters! There are no duplicates so far.

We almost never happen duplicate characters in the same game, as there are so many to choose from, and everyone has their favorites. I picked up some of K's beloved customs during his recent sale, so he can continue to play them here. I'll be finally trying some out that I've never played before, although I've faced them plenty. There was one famous NYCG4 game, years ago, that did feature three Agent Carrs!

My team names, which hint at their compositions, are Nasty, Nasty Boys and The Suicide Squad. Friendly, eh?

All armies will be posted here after the session, so everyone can see how we are using the new boys in town. And Shermy can join us in using them next month. Thanks as usual to the C3G Committee, which most of us have been a part of at some point. I've influenced the design of several committee cards myself through playtesting and historical knowledge. One of my favorite fairly recent PrePandemic ones is cowboy Garrett Burns, because he looks like Willie Nelson!

Last edited by chas; April 23rd, 2021 at 09:28 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 09:35 AM

Ishmel has now firmed up his armies, and Taeblewalker will be working on his.

Kolakoski has suggested that I use some of the great maps up here on the site and sent a couple along. They are both 4-Players by Dignan, who has designed so many nice maps used at GenCon and our local Islandscape annual tourneys. I know I've played on at least one of them.

I'm getting really excited now that our first Scape play date in a year is next Wednesday...only five days away. Hooray!

Gage and Gaming?

I've been thinking of dining at the newly reopened Brooklyn landmark restaurant Gage & Tollner, which is only a few blocks from here. It hasn't been opened since the early 80s, and attempts to either reopen it or turn it into another type of property failed. Now new owners finally got it ready, but then had to wait yet another year due to the Pandemic. But it finally opened up last week.

Its a super posh place with the original gaslight interior. This place dates back to the mid 19th Century. I recall the waiters wearing fancy uniforms with stripes for years of service! Now it turns out that the new owners are the sister and brother in law of a gaming pal of mine! How about that? Hmmm--one of our pals wondered if they have a Friends & Family Plan!

You can check G&Ts photos, history, and new menu on their site. Back in the day, it was one of the most famous eateries in the USA. Its a big splurge, but I went several times with friends or family.

Last edited by chas; April 23rd, 2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old April 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Tombstone Gunslinger x4 (100)
Louis Mad Dog Malone (60)
Dead-eye Dan (60)
James Murphy (75)
Johnny Shotgun Sullivan (65)
Guilty McCreech (30)
Morsbane (100)
Syvarris (100)
Isamu (10)

Last edited by Taeblewalker; April 26th, 2021 at 12:05 AM.
Old April 26th, 2021, 11:36 AM

For the first time in a year, we're getting ready to Scape! Both maps are rising on the table or in planning, and almost all armies have been submitted, four of which are ready to go here. I've figured out a schedule and a table setup to get both very different maps up for Wednesday.

I've forgotten how much fun it is just to build Scape battlefields.
Old April 26th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Second Army

Re-Tak-Shi 80
Marro Warriors 50
Microcorps Agents x1 100
Marro Stingers x1 60
Kee-Mo-Shi 130
Su-Bak-Na 160
Otonashi 10

Old April 26th, 2021, 10:35 PM

Our 8th and final army is done--only TW's are posted up here so far. With it, we finally have a couple of duplicates; but nothing we can't handle. We also have one card that is used in both its player's armies.

The first map is up and the second will be built tomorrow eve/Wed. morning. Everyone can stay late, and I'm hoping to get in four games if possible! That will be one free for all and one team game on each map.

All of the armies are very different, and it should be quite interesting to pit them against each other. I'm looking forward to pure mayhem on a large scale for our Reunion Game!
Old April 27th, 2021, 01:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, since @Taeblewalker showed us his, I'll show you mine:

Sylvans & Syvarris
Wildwood Monarch (140)
Wildwood Sentinels x 2 (200)
Wildwood Runners x 4 (160)
Syvarris (100)

Summons and Clones
Acolytes of V x 3 (150)
Morgoloth (140)
Skull Demons x 4 (260)
Marro Warriors (50)

I'm interested to see how the ratios work out: of Wildwood (Monarch:Sentinels:Runners), and of Acolytes : Demons. We shall see... on the battlefield!
Old April 28th, 2021, 06:26 AM

My armies: *= New C3V Cards

Chas Army I: "Nasty, Nasty Boys"

Breach* 145
Himmelskraele* 100
Honor Guard of the Blasted Heath* x3 195
12th Caucasian Rifles* x2 120
Siv 40
________

Almost all new cards and Squadscape! As an old miniatures player, I'm a sucker for historical military units.

Chas Army II: "The Suicide Squad"

Azurite Warlord 145
Viceron The Blood Knight 130
Myrddin 90
Re-Tak-Shi* 80
Kelda 80
Louis 'Mad Dog' Malone* 60
________

I almost never play units that have to sacrifice their own hits for their powers, so I'm playing three of these units for the first time, even though they are old standbys. Hence the team name! I'm adding Kelda to heal them, who I personally use more than Raelin!
Old April 28th, 2021, 06:29 AM

THE MAPS

Kolakoski suggested two maps, and since I have a large table, I decided I could just fit both on the table at the same time. They are Jungle Rot and Basalt Cathedral by Dignan. His designs are old standbys that are used on the GenCon Heroscape tournaments. We draw from those maps for our own local annualIslandscape Tournaments held each summer (Long Island, that is, here in New York City).

I figure one of Ishmel's, Taeblewalkers, and Chas's (me) armies will be advantaged on Jungle Rot. So besides having a big table for our big Postdemic Reunion Day, I'm figuring on four games; one Free For All and one Team Game on each map.

Teams will be determined randomly and then each team can position themselves as they like on the Start Zones. No glyphs will be used because I'm not crazy about using them in general, and I'm the Game Master for the day (we rotate that honor, and the GM chooses the scenario, including army points and any other army build requirements).

Players will decide which of their teams will appear on each map. I'd expect that Marro or the Wildwood guys will play on Jungle Rot. Basalt Cathedral, with its Dungeon Floor and Lava (Field and Molten) should not particularly advantage anyone.

I note its nice of Kolakoski to not advantage himself. As the only other person who knew the maps before hand (cause I have to build them), I choose my teams before knowing what they would be.

Last edited by chas; April 29th, 2021 at 09:43 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion