Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old June 13th, 2018, 03:59 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Resin Cast Terrain Tiles - All colors and translucent!

Raising this thread from the dead now that I'm back. My resin casting skills have improved since this original post and I have more experience casting with color additives and powders (metallic, glow in the dark etc) and pressure casting for super translucent casting and doing semi-ridged rubber castings.

Is there still any interest or demand for particular terrain pieces or figure/base molds for that matter?

Old June 13th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hells yeah!

Resin it up!

pics!!!
Old July 4th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Is there still any interest or demand for particular terrain pieces or figure/base molds for that matter?
I'd love to see if you can easily create a mold for the bottom base on the RttFF Trees.
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
I'd love to see if you can easily create a mold for the bottom base on the RttFF Trees.
Those are super easy to make on my 3d printer. I just made 24 of them for custom mounted terrain. I used to mold them as well. This way is far easier and cheaper.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Those are super easy to make on my 3d printer. I just made 24 of them for custom mounted terrain. I used to mold them as well. This way is far easier and cheaper.
I gotta get a 3D printer then.
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I gotta get a 3D printer then.
I have been printing a set of 4 of them at a time. The quality is great and I print the set of 4 in a little shy of 3 hrs. I could go faster but the quality is perfect at those settings. I have been doing crystal clusters and little portals and a bunch of other cool stuff mounted to them. You can also print rock out crops, glaciers, and heroscape tiles. I printed out 2 dungeon rock outcrop sets as prizes and 2 WoSaGa figures as prizes for the last Utah monthly tournament. All the files are free on thingiverse along with a pretty great collection on here. Totally worth it.

Old July 4th, 2018, 07:50 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Not sure how that’s faster when a resin casting only takes an hour to cure and can be solid and durable and crystal clear at the same time. Resin is also cheaper than printing and can easily be dyed different colors each batch, as well as being an exact duplicate of the original with no print lines or cleanup.

I suppose it all depends on the resin and how you work though. I use smoothcast 325 that cures really fast and has a high break strength and casts clear with my pressure pot.

Last edited by Talyn; July 4th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old July 5th, 2018, 12:00 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Not sure how that’s faster when a resin casting only takes an hour to cure and can be solid and durable and crystal clear at the same time. Resin is also cheaper than printing and can easily be dyed different colors each batch, as well as being an exact duplicate of the original with no print lines or cleanup.

I suppose it all depends on the resin and how you work though. I use smoothcast 325 that cures really fast and has a high break strength and casts clear with my pressure pot.
Sorry to derail your thread. I do like casting and have in the past. They are both fun ways of creating new toys.

Old July 10th, 2018, 06:21 PM

Back in the game!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7033.JPG (552.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7034.JPG (490.5 KB, 3 views)

Old July 16th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Cant quite get the green to match but here is my finished jungle tile with mostly matching plants. The one color is a bit off and the short bush isnt EXACT, but its pretty darn close. Real one on the right.

Old July 16th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That most be a full mold (two pieces) you used for that?
Looks awesome.
Could you post pics of the mold?
Old July 16th, 2018, 09:18 PM

Yup two part mold. I messed up and forgot to do decent locking keys so it just has a few little locking spots but it’s worked alright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3E2E45D-0873-4D45-A69B-51710F25FA3C.jpeg (582.6 KB, 3 views)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles