Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 7th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Woah, that goes way back.

A few years ago I read through the history of the copyright battles and it was pretty interesting.

Really loved Battletech but it was so slow. I remember playing 8 hour games at Gen Con and getting maybe one turn an hour.
Old April 7th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone Play Time Stories? I've been interested in it but Not sure about making such an expensive investment for just One play session. It has peaked my interest.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

piqued?
Old April 7th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
piqued?
Correct...So do you recommend it? It has reached the highest possible point in my curiosity.

Old April 7th, 2017, 06:43 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I haven't played it. Sorry, that was just my inner grammar nazi who momentarily escaped from his cage.
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Anyone Play Time Stories? I've been interested in it but Not sure about making such an expensive investment for just One play session. It has peaked my interest.
I played it once, with the first story. It was my copy, and I liked it. Though, we didn't win on the first attempt, so it would have taken at least one more attempt, maybe two. You pretty much gain clues as you go, so they are cumulative from game to game.

I can only guess that the stories would take 2 or 3 plays to get through, but yeah, then you will be done with that one. Maybe a few years later you can play it again after forgetting the first play through.

Might want to check out BGG to see what people say about it there.

Ultimately, you have to decide if the hours played with friends or loved ones for each story is worth the value. Kind of like comparing the cost of going out to dinner or the movies, which are one time sources of entertainment as well.

I wonder if there would be some used copies of the story elements, since some people would likely play and then sell since they are one timers.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I played it once, with the first story. It was my copy, and I liked it. Though, we didn't win on the first attempt, so it would have taken at least one more attempt, maybe two. You pretty much gain clues as you go, so they are cumulative from game to game.

I can only guess that the stories would take 2 or 3 plays to get through, but yeah, then you will be done with that one. Maybe a few years later you can play it again after forgetting the first play through.

Ultimately, you have to decide if the hours played with friends or loved ones for each story is worth the value. Kind of like comparing the cost of going out to dinner or the movies, which are one time sources of entertainment as well.

I wonder if there would be some used copies of the story elements, since some people would likely play and then sell since they are one timers.
It's funny because I am worried about checking out BGG as grumpy people can spoil things. I think im just Gunna purchase it and pass it along to friends.

Old April 7th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

It's funny because I am worried about checking out BGG as grumpy people can spoil things. I think im just Gunna purchase it and pass it along to friends.
I'm not always grumpy

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 8th, 2017, 09:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my second game of Rum and Bones, this time with the Second Wave which my pal just had delivered. Instead of the Squids from the first game (which might have been second in the First Edition), I played the Asian pirates, with their 3 little boats. Got my head totally handed to me, but its still fun.

Had a great Tidal Wave type card to destroy everyone on a gangplank, but then my enemy (Iron Inquisition) skipped right over it with a power! It was that kind of a game! Then my enemy got a Sea Monster (Shell Back?). It was such a one sided game that my host wondered if the factions were balanced against each other! Any thoughts on this, veterans? He also had cool mercenaries which could be substituted for the regular heroes in any of the four factions he has now, most of which were satirical versions of famous characters from other media. Those will be fun to try in a later game.
Old April 8th, 2017, 10:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Played my second game of Rum and Bones, this time with the Second Wave which my pal just had delivered. Instead of the Squids from the first game (which might have been second in the First Edition), I played the Asian pirates, with their 3 little boats. Got my head totally handed to me, but its still fun.

Had a great Tidal Wave type card to destroy everyone on a gangplank, but then my enemy (Iron Inquisition) skipped right over it with a power! It was that kind of a game! Then my enemy got a Sea Monster (Shell Back?). It was such a one sided game that my host wondered if the factions were balanced against each other! Any thoughts on this, veterans? He also had cool mercenaries which could be substituted for the regular heroes in any of the four factions he has now, most of which were satirical versions of famous characters from other media. Those will be fun to try in a later game.
I haven't got to play with the older factions with their upgraded cards. But that is the nature of the game. Its got to do with luck and strategy. The luck comes both from your die rolls and what cards you get in your hands at the right time. I wouldn't say the game is unbalanced between factions, but some combinations may work a little better than others. It really depends what strategies your going for. I got 1 of every expansion for this game and am currently painting the minis. I've got to play about 10 games with the new rules and I love it. Good to hear about your play through. I'm a bit more excited to try out my orc crew. On other topics, got in a scenario of Zombicide Black Plague. We used just about every expansion there is except crows because I don't have them. There was 4 of us, 2 of them new players playing 4 survivors total. We got hit with every possible crazy unit card super early in the game and set us back like crazy. With my experience playing I helped the other players strategize to get through it and 4 hours later we beat the scenario with 2 of the 4 survivors left. My wifes wizard went down from 5 deadeye walkers spawning a couple of spaces away and then volleying her with arrows. My Niece's character was mauled by zombie wolves. It was great. I plan on starting a campaign for that one next.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:25 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A game I'll be rescuing from the closet soon to get back on the table is Shogun by Queen Games, aka "Dice Tower Shogun;" 3-5 Players, 2006. Everyone loves it, and it just got lost in the shuffle of so many games. I even have the first simple expansion ("Tenno's Court" 2011), which I paid too much for--the original price was infamous for what you got in the box--and haven't even used yet! Hopefully after we play it once with my newer crowd I'll be able to add it in.

Here's a 12 minute intro video:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/...ideo-review-hd

It was later Kickstarted in a 'Big Box' Edition with wooden instead of cardboard buildings, and more mini-expansions which apparently no one plays with. Its the same game as their Wallenstein (Thirty Years War) with a different map. Both games suffered from poor distribution to the USA in the old days, but now have Second Editions, and are more easily available. I have not tried the second game, but most people seem to prefer Shogun.

Last edited by chas; April 12th, 2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I got in another 2 games of zombicide black plague in a day or so ago. I decided on doing a campaign that other players can drop in and drop out of so that I could play it solo with multiple survivors or with other people to play as well. I'm thinking that I want to allow the survivors to stay at their upgraded levels through the scenarios in order. Once survivors die in the campaign they will not come back, and there will be a set amount of survivors. So if 2 die, then two new ones come in to the next scenario. I did the two games with survivors keeping all their gear as well. I may scratch that though. I spent 2 and a half hours last night laminating all my rum and bones cards from the new kickstarter. I had a moment or two to check out all the stuff as I was laminating and cutting it out and was wowed at all the cool heroes and abilities. Its kinda looking like the Iron Inquisition is the most beasty looking faction yet. That's just spitballing from looking at their cards though. I cant wait to get to try some of em out. What are any of you guy's favorite Heroes for that game?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games