Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Fun game day yesterday getting in first time plays with Bora Bora, Midgard, and Key Flower.

-insert signature here-
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

nyys, what did you think of Midgard? We have it but it hasn't hit the table yet.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
nyys, what did you think of Midgard? We have it but it hasn't hit the table yet.
It was OK. It goes really fast, which is to it's benefit since any longer and it would have outstayed it's welcome IMO. We played with 4 and I wouldn't want to play with less than that. Definitely a filler.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 23rd, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"That Will Be... An Interesting Day."
-Jayne Cobb, and a Misbehave Card from Firefly The Board Game

Finally got FIREFLY! Tried the solo scenario today and won on the 20th of 21 turns; after I took two turns to Misbehave four times in a row, and then another two to Open The Vault. Very nail biting! I could feel Niska breathing down my neck...

I had some extremes of both good and bad luck, but it helped to get some strategy tips from bgg. For more detail, look for my post there.

BTW, I gave up on Midgard too. My favorite Norse Myth themed game is Yggdrasil.

(Edit) Another close Firefly win, again on Turn 20 with Goal 2 ($15,000) of the same solo scenario. I had half my crew gone and the rest disgruntled, a warrant on my ship, and a "rival crew" split my payment on the last Misbehave! Not only was the time close, but I won with--$15,400. Yikes! Very cinematic.

There's more goal variation on the solo scenario to go, and they seem to just get harder... Meanwhile they keep coming out with more promo cards such as "Mal's Pretty Floral Bonnet" and "Wash's Lucky Dinosaurs."

"We have done the impossible--and that makes us mighty."
--Mal Reynolds, Firefly

Last edited by chas; October 22nd, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Heroscape x5 (5-0), Power Rangers x2 (2-0), Magic x2 (1-1), Walk the Plank x2 (1-1), watched Castellan get taught.
Congrats on the victories, NB!

--

We've been playing a variety of things, but Pathfinder (yes, thanks, guys, I did buy it--and love it) and Galaxy Trucker are the top plays, no question.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Glad Pathfinder worked out for you! Hoping to get in my second play of with my buddies tonight!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Speaking of Pathfinder, it's the Deal of the Day.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post

We've been playing a variety of things, but Pathfinder (yes, thanks, guys, I did buy it--and love it) and Galaxy Trucker are the top plays, no question.
Glad you dig Pathfinder 1Mmirg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Glad Pathfinder worked out for you! Hoping to get in my second play of with my buddies tonight!
Have fun Bats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Speaking of Pathfinder, it's the Deal of the Day.
Once again bitten by the Deal of the Day. After I had paid like $60 for Agents of SMERSH, a couple months later others in my group got it for like $40 from the Deal of the Day. Oh well, I had it first in the group and had turned them on to it, so there's that Awesome game by the way, great if you like storytelling games, and this one is cold war spies and has some great situations we find ourselves in and have great fun in recollecting the games later on.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Man, I really like this game. We played the second of the introductory scenarios and I can't wait to play again and get the third so I can start leveling up.

This game has all the addictive things I love about RPGs (mainly leveling up, but also fighting monsters, and exploring and gaining treasures and what not) and none of the things I dislike about pen and paper RPGs ("storytelling" and "playacting" and rules cheese).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yup, it's fun and fast. There are more choices than at first glance, just enough to be interesting, but without risking analysis paralysis. Mostly it's fun and I love watching the characters grow and change.

--

Played Galaxy Trucker and Dungeon Command (one each, the last two nights). I love them. (Though I really want to keep playing Pathfinder...*)

Last edited by 1Mmirg; October 23rd, 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: * I've learned though to not push a game too much, to savor it by blending in other games in between
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So... The wife is starting to ask what games I want for Christmas. Two of my friends now have Legendary and its various expansions, so I'm not in a hurry to pick it up yet. Thunderstone looks cool.

I would love a deck builder that has some permanent aspects (think San Juan or Citadels, and/or duration cards from Dominion:Seaside). So, something along the lines of you have action cards and stuff that you play on your turn (just like Dominion), but you can also "build" structures/troops/monsters/whatever that stay in play and have effects, but can be attacked/modified by the other players (or can attack/modify other players cards, etc.).

I love deck builders but would like something that Allows the players to really interact and affect each other more.

Is there anything like this or will I have to make it up?

--

I know these aren't what I just described, but I also have Pathfinder Card Game, Battleship Galaxies, Thunderstone, Mage Wars, and some Dominion expansions on my wish list.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
So... The wife is starting to ask what games I want for Christmas. Two of my friends now have Legendary and its various expansions, so I'm not in a hurry to pick it up yet. Thunderstone looks cool.

I would love a deck builder that has some permanent aspects (think San Juan or Citadels, and/or duration cards from Dominion:Seaside). So, something along the lines of you have action cards and stuff that you play on your turn (just like Dominion), but you can also "build" structures/troops/monsters/whatever that stay in play and have effects, but can be attacked/modified by the other players (or can attack/modify other players cards, etc.).

I love deck builders but would like something that Allows the players to really interact and affect each other more.

Is there anything like this or will I have to make it up?

--

I know these aren't what I just described, but I also have Pathfinder Card Game, Battleship Galaxies, Thunderstone, Mage Wars, and some Dominion expansions on my wish list.
Pathfinder and Mage Wars fits the build I think more than you realize.

Also Ascension (if you can get past the horrid art) and DC: DBG would be another. They both have permanent cards that can be played and stay in play.

High Command is another that might be one you want to look into. It's definitely interactive.

Not sure how "into" deck building you really are but LotR: LCG and Mage Wars are probably my 2 favorites. The biggest difference with those is that you deck build before the game (like MtG), not during ala Tstone, Dominion, etc.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; October 24th, 2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: I love Tstone, LotR, MW, and PF personally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games