Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old March 13th, 2022, 09:03 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Master Roshi's Custom Figures

Here I'll post my repaints and custom figures

First up, repainted Brute Gruts to match the aesthetic of the official gruts:

Next, repainted Death Commander and Executioner to match Zettian colors:

Last edited by Master Roshi; March 13th, 2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old March 13th, 2022, 09:09 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Master Roshi's Custom Figures

Here's a custom hero I made: Bornak the Beast Master

Health 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Dino Mastery: All Dinosaurs you control are treated as Beasts instead of what is listed on the army card.

Unleash the Beasts: After revealing an order marker on Bornak, instead of taking that turn with Bornak you may instead take a turn with any two Beast Heroes you control that are within 6 clear sight spaces of Bornak.

Expert Jungle Stalking: If Bornak starts or ends his movement adjacent to an evergreen tree or a jungle piece, he may move two additional spaces.

Cost 100
Old March 13th, 2022, 10:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool repaints!

And you can't tease Bornak without sharing any Dinosaur customs
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:13 AM

Tru dat

Here's Tyrannosaurus Rex (Was originally on translucent base and needs to be rebased):

Aquilla
Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Predator
Ferocious

Health 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Heavy Chomp
Instead of attacking, choose one small, medium, or large figure adjacent to T-Rex. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If it is a hero figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, destroy the chosen hero.

Roar
Once per round, T-Rex may use roar before or after moving. All small and medium enemy squad figures within 4 spaces of T-Rex must if possible move two spaces to increase the distance between themself and T-Rex. Opponents choose the order the figures move. If multiple opponents are involved, whoever rolls higher with a 20 sided die moves first. Figures moved by roar take no leaving engagement attacks.

Terrible Lizard
T-Rex is also treated as a dragon by any army card that references dragons in its special abilities.

Cost 180

I've played with him and had a blast, my army was

Arrow Gruts x3 120
Swog Rider x3 195
Bornak 295
Krug 415
T-Rex 595

I've also tried him with Greenscales as Lizard King which is a very interesting alternative to the dragons

Last edited by Master Roshi; March 14th, 2022 at 12:35 AM.
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:20 AM

Spinosaurus

Aquilla
Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Predator
Tricky

Health 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Submerge: Spinosaurus may move 2 additional spaces if his movement starts on two non-water spaces and ends on two water spaces. While on water, Spinosaurus does not stop his movement, takes no leaving engagement attacks, and roles 5 extra defense dice when defending against ranged attacks.

Aquatic Ambush
If Spinosaurus begins his turn unengaged on two water spaces, he may add two to his movement and four to his attack if he ends his movement engaged.

Terrible Lizard
Spinosaurus is also treated as a dragon by any army card that references dragons in its special abilities.

Cost 150

I'm still ironing out his abilities and am not completely satisfied, i want to keep the water theme but at the moment he seems too dependent on water to be generally useful
Old March 14th, 2022, 04:34 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great repaints.
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great repaints.

Thank you!
Old August 15th, 2022, 05:51 PM

Here's an update to Bodak and Tyrannosaurus Rex
I'm going to be playtesting them this week as well most likely. Once I get them ironed out and I feel they are balanced, then I would like to suggest them to the SOV. For now I'm just going to keep working on them though because I don't want to suggest something that too strong or weak.
I've made Bodak's beast bonding less powerful by only allowing you to attack with them once per round instead of every turn like with Kurrok and his elementals

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Bodak the Beast Master

Orc
Unique Hero
Beastmaster
Wild

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 100

Unleash the Beasts: After revealing an order marker on Bodak, instead of taking that turn with Bodak you may instead reveal an X on him if possible and take a turn with up to two beasts you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Bodak.

Pack Movement: After taking a turn with Bodak, if Bodak is unengaged and did not attack then you may also move up to two unengaged beasts you control. The chosen beasts may not end their movement engaged. Any beast that starts or ends it's turn within 2 spaces of Bodak may add 1 to it's movement.

Dino Mastery: All dinosaurs you control are treated as beasts instead of what is listed on the Army card.

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Predator
Terrifying

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 4
Points 160

Chomp: Instead of attacking, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to Tyrannosaurus Rex. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If it is a hero figure, roll the twenty sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen hero.

Long Strides: Tyrannosaurus Rex can move through all small and medium figures.

Terrible Lizard: Tyrannosaurus Rex' species is also treated as Dragon.

Last edited by Master Roshi; August 15th, 2022 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Correct Bodak's life from 6 to 4
Old August 15th, 2022, 11:00 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool units! I have some comments.

Bodak seems like a lot of fun as a figure that enables "one big turn" in the vein of Ornak or Clayton Pierce, but I don't think "move" as you're using it exists in Heroscape terminology. I'd guess you'd either have to designate a number of spaces for Pack Movement's movement or word it like this:
Quote:
PACK MOVEMENT
After taking a turn with Bodak, if Bodak is unengaged and did not attack then you may take a turn with up to 2 unengaged Beasts you control. The chosen Beasts may not attack and must end their movement engaged, if possible. Any Beast that starts or ends its turn within 2 spaces of Bodak may add 1 to its Move.
This also allows you to steal the Kozuke R&C to prevent a discrepancy if a Beast is destroyed before engaging anything (such as by Cathars).

As for the dinosaur: I might reduce its Attack, as Chomp already gives it a lot of punch. Also, Terrible Lizard doesn't make much sense to me; it primarily gives the T. rex a weakness to the Nhah Scrih and the ability to lead a tribe of Lizardfolk, neither of which seem very thematic. I really like the way you've portrayed the T. rex otherwise, though.
Old August 16th, 2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Cool units! I have some comments.

Bodak seems like a lot of fun as a figure that enables "one big turn" in the vein of Ornak or Clayton Pierce, but I don't think "move" as you're using it exists in Heroscape terminology. I'd guess you'd either have to designate a number of spaces for Pack Movement's movement or word it like this:
Quote:
PACK MOVEMENT
After taking a turn with Bodak, if Bodak is unengaged and did not attack then you may take a turn with up to 2 unengaged Beasts you control. The chosen Beasts may not attack and must end their movement engaged, if possible. Any Beast that starts or ends its turn within 2 spaces of Bodak may add 1 to its Move.
This also allows you to steal the Kozuke R&C to prevent a discrepancy if a Beast is destroyed before engaging anything (such as by Cathars).

As for the dinosaur: I might reduce its Attack, as Chomp already gives it a lot of punch. Also, Terrible Lizard doesn't make much sense to me; it primarily gives the T. rex a weakness to the Nhah Scrih and the ability to lead a tribe of Lizardfolk, neither of which seem very thematic. I really like the way you've portrayed the T. rex otherwise, though.

Yeah Bodak is a lot of fun to use. Originally he could use two beasts every turn like Talingul, but it was just too devastating to the opponent when I rolled out with both Krug and Trex every turn of the round, so I had to pull it back
Perhaps the move number could be a fixed amount for Pack movement, but I still think they should need to end their turn unengaged rather than engaged; that way they are able to follow Bodak around the map. If they have to be engaged then the opportunities to activate the ability will be more limited. It's intended mostly to allow a player to setup for Unleash the Beasts

With the dinosaur I feel that bonding with the greenscales was an obvious choice. However if I'm understanding correctly the reservation you have is that the Trex is more like a typical animal, whereas the dragons are more intelligent and sentient and thus fit the "King" title better.
I can see where that's coming from, and the bonding on the greenscale card does make it feel more limiting. It's possible that the wording on their card would prevent this from making it through the SOV because of that

However, the wyvern and Sujoah bonding with the spiders would be unjustified as well then, seeing as to how they're all more like a typical animal and the fyorlag spiders are going to be of the same intelligence as a real world spider, unless existing lore states otherwise. I doubt either are going to have the tactical awareness to coordinate cross-species like that, and both the Ogres aren't presented as too bright either yet they have bonding (same may be said about Krug and ice troll berserker)

Having some form of synergy between greenscales and dinosaurs just seems very thematic to me, even if it weren't via the bonding listed on the greenscale card. Essentially dragons are like more intelligent dinosaurs anyway
If it were considered bonding more in the sense that Bodak's bonding is, where the dinosaur is being brought along for the ride and not the other way around then we'd be able to avoid this confusion. I'm willing to play it like this in my own games, but it would be a tough sell getting that through the SOV since they'd probably see it the same way as you
Old August 16th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool stuff. When are you making a Shrek unit? Will he have evil eyes defense?
Old August 16th, 2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Cool stuff. When are you making a Shrek unit? Will he have evil eyes defense?
Since Ogres are like onions ill have to add an ability where each wound represents a different layer; therefore he gets a different set of stats and abilities based on how many wounds he has

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum