Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Racer: The Cavalry Fix Rule

Is the cavalry broken? This is the most important single fix for Official Heroscape in my opinion, so after a long time I am now submitting it here. In other words, in my humble opinion (and those of others as expressed on the site) here they really blew it and should have made an official fix! The few official horsed units we've been given seem to get shot out the saddle all too easily for their high point cost, before they can get their romantic cavalry dash into the game! And what's the fun in that? After an unsuccessful search for other threads here on this old subject, I'm putting my Racer rule here to Save Our Cavalry.

I actually think this is important enough to put in the more high profile General Section, but have followed site conventions and placed it here. Please tell me what you think, link other threads you know about, or give me your own variant on the theme. Let me know if I missed any other cards that should get this one sentence defensive bonus.

RACER
All unengaged small, medium, or large figures on four legged mounts get two additional Defense Dice against non-adjacent normal or special attacks.

Official Cards Affected: Add Racer to the following cards:
Sir Dupuis
Templar Cavalry
Me-Burq-Sa
Grok Riders
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
Swog Rider

Last edited by chas; September 9th, 2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Racer: The Cavalry Fix Rule

So . . . designated Brunak and Threacus riders get the bonus too?
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

An interesting idea. I really haven't played cavalry of any kind very much.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM

Nyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
RACER
All unengaged small, medium, or large figures on four legged mounts receive 2 additional defense dice against non-adjacent normal and special attacks.
I don't like relying on the wording of 'on four legged mounts,' but not much you can do about that.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

How about the Swog Rider? Maybe to replace "four-legged mounts" we could put an original movement value of 7 or more. This way the wording at least partially official.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

RACER
All unengaged large squad figures with a base move number greater than 7 add 2 to its defense dice when defending against a normal attack.

I know this takes the heroes out of the rule, but it does the job of boosting the Templars and Groks, it also helps the Deathstalkers out a bit, but really they could use a boost too.

It is possible to remove the adjacent requirment, since they have to be un-engaged from the get go. The wording used here mimics the Phantom Knights/Gladitrons. I added the "normal attack" bit since special attacks should be special.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
RACER
All unengaged large figures with a base move number greater than 7 add 2 to its defense dice when defending against a normal attack.
I might try this instead

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Heroscape doesn't fix units by adding new rules, but by adding new units.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Easy! Turn this into a 20-ish point hero with the Racer ability. Make one specifically for each unit you want fixed. That would keep it from using the silly wording.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Easy! Turn this into a 20-ish point hero with the Racer ability. Make one specifically for each unit you want fixed. That would keep it from using the silly wording.
Humm, good idea for a common figure. I think I will look for a mounted D&D figure and give them the Racer power. You can still use the wording I used for the 3 squads that are affected.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Ramses800 is surprisingly tart

Maybe a general
Quote:
A defending figure that is at least one Size class larger than the attacker gets an additional defense dice.
could fix this.

Or to go even further, additional dice based on size difference
Code:
		Attacker		
	Small	Medium	Large	Huge
Defender				
Small	-	-	-	-
Medium	1	-	-	-
Large	2	1	-	-
Huge	3	2	1	-
Sound logical to me but perhaps kills the game completely?

Old July 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lets face it, the cavalry could be better. Realistically, any fix would be a house rule only, but there are some possibilities. I wouldn't be opposed to a modest increase in defense. What I would prefer is an increase in attack. Galloping horses were a trample threat on the battlefield. If the Templars and Groks had some sort of ability where the mount gets an attack, I think that it would help to fix the problem. In addition to their normal attack, the Templars and Sir Dupuis could get some sort of trample stomp like ability against small and medium figures. The Grok Riders could add some king of maul like ability against small and medium figures. This has a precedent in HeroScape in that Grimnak's dinosaur and TKN's mount (whatever it is) have an attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions