Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

BTW: I love all the new powers, guys and gals who do this for a living. I think you guys have gotten BETTER over time and experience at making rules a lot clearer, with serially worded powers that explain step by step what to do.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

So, I was playing a team game last night with 4 players, (2 teams) and one of the players landed on a glyph and he asked a question, "So does this affect everyone on the team, or just my army" and I honostly didn't know the correct answer. I just house ruled that it only affects your own army, and not your team-mates army. So what is actual rule on team glyphs?
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I don't think that is specifically addressed in the rules. It's one of those things that should be worked out before starting the team game, but it's easy to neglect.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It specifically says in the rulebook, glyphs affect the figures you control. Read each glyph discription. RotV pg 15, SotM pg. 13.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; June 26th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Actually, the glyphs use the words "your Army," which can be interpreted to mean your allies as well. Minivann is correct.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
So, I was playing a team game last night with 4 players, (2 teams) and one of the players landed on a glyph and he asked a question, "So does this affect everyone on the team, or just my army" and I honostly didn't know the correct answer. I just house ruled that it only affects your own army, and not your team-mates army. So what is actual rule on team glyphs?
At my house we generally play that glyphs affect your entire team. I like to play that it affects your entire team because it adds something to strategizing ("Ok, you handle the glyphs while I attack them from range.") and prevents teamates from fighting over the glyph ("Hey! My army needs that more than yours does!").
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Actually, the glyphs use the words "your Army," which can be interpreted to mean your allies as well. Minivann is correct.
In SotM, yes I just noticed that. I do not know if that was the intent or not(I feel it would have said friendly figures if it was to stay consistant with the card wordings.). In the RotV glyphs, it specifically states figures you control.

In Heroscape, it seems that your army, figures you control, your figures and such wording refers only to the figures you drafted. For team and temp alliances, it usually states friendly figures.

Last edited by xraine69; June 26th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I haven't seen this asked, but with the recent rules-lawyering, I thought I'd get it out of the way and get an answer out there:

Quote:
Shocking Grasp: When rolling attack dice for a normal attack, Sharwin Wildborn always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
Quote:
Disappearing Ninja: If a Ninja of the Northern Wind is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled...
1) If Sharwin rolls 0 skulls, does she still get the auto-skull (I say 'yes' based on the 'phases' answers)?

2) If Sharwin rolls 0 skulls but still gets the auto-skull, does a Ninja of the Northern Wind still get to roll for Disappearing Ninja (technically no skulls were rolled, but again I say yes because of the 'phases')?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Yes
2. Yes

"Your army" is your army, not your friendly armies.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I haven't seen this asked, but with the recent rules-lawyering, I thought I'd get it out of the way and get an answer out there:

Quote:
Shocking Grasp: When rolling attack dice for a normal attack, Sharwin Wildborn always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Quote:
Disappearing Ninja: If a Ninja of the Northern Wind is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled...

1) If Sharwin rolls 0 skulls, does she still get the auto-skull (I say 'yes' based on the 'phases' answers)?

2) If Sharwin rolls 0 skulls but still gets the auto-skull, does a Ninja of the Northern Wind still get to roll for Disappearing Ninja (technically no skulls were rolled, but again I say yes because of the 'phases')?

1. Yes

2. Yes, technically a skull was "rolled".

'ed by theGuru

Old June 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
1. Yes
2. Yes

"Your army" is your army, not your friendly armies.
That was quick! And what I expected, just wanted to make sure there was an answer somewhere.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
At my house we generally play that glyphs affect your entire team. I like to play that it affects your entire team because it adds something to strategizing ("Ok, you handle the glyphs while I attack them from range.") and prevents teamates from fighting over the glyph ("Hey! My army needs that more than yours does!").

In my team games, we weigh the army builds and decide who will benefit the most from each glyph. We may even switch glyph holders depending on the situation. It is a team effort.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's