Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 11th, 2008, 08:55 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Go Speed Racer, Go!

I was walking through the toy asile at WalMart looking for the new Jungle set, and I saw tons of Speed Racer stuff. Some of it is in reasonable scale with Heroscape. So, that gave me an idea!

Of all my customs, I am definitely most proud of this one! Why? Because it is one of the only viable unit I've ever seen that has no direct offensive capability, but can still crush the competition.

Speed Racer is primarily useful as a taxi for other figures. He has enough movement to get out of range of most enemy snipers. But the great thing is, you have to CATCH him to mount an effective attack. But watch out, because if you're moving fast enough to catch speed, you may just end up smashing right into something if you miss!

You might be asking yourself one of the following questions:

1. Why does Speed Racer have 0 attack?

Because he's a race car driver silly. And he believes in fair play. Speed would never run someone over with his car! Although if Finn or Captain America was in the passanger seat, he might be persuaded to bump someone.

2. Why doesn't the mach 5 have special movement rules?

Because the Mach 5 has enough gadgets on it, to make it through any kind of terrain. It can swim through water. It can leap over small ledges. It can go darn near anywhere a person can. But since it takes up two spaces, it still needs to end it's turn on a suitable flat spot!

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Go Speed Racer, Go!

Why whould he be in Heroscape. He never died.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM

mmmm....yes he did. In a firey crash. Trixie was driving.

it was on true hollywood story.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
I believe we should all bow down to iceman3317's impeccable logic and shut down the whole custom units section of the site, since it's chock full of living characters.
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
I believe we should all bow down to iceman3317's impeccable logic and shut down the whole custom units section of the site, since it's chock full of living characters.
Seconded....
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Wait a minute! We're talking about superhero customs here. What superhero hasn't been killed at least once?????? I think most of these guys ARE technically dead in some continuity or another, right?

You can shut down this section if you want, but I'm sticking with my story that Speed Racer is dead, so leave him up!

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Japenet is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

On a visit back home last year, I finally got a chance to play Heroscape with a long-time gamer friend and his son. Loved the game and the rules, so for Christmas this year I decided to make them a custom Speed Racer team as a gift, using the Johnny Lightning diorama figures:

http://www.amazon.com/SPEED-RACER-JO.../dp/B002MGXYNK

They're a wee bit small — closer to 20mm than 25 — but who cares, as they are the ONLY Speed Racer figures even remotely close to Heroscape scale.

While I liked the version ArgosCap did of the Mach 5, I wanted something with far more detail, and (with 5 figures from the diorama) an expansion set that could be divided up and used individually as well. So with that in mind, I give you the Go! Team

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations