Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sujoah and/or the Fyorlag Spiders - what's your army idea?

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing(confirming) Sujoah and the Fyorlag Spiders' cards ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=281 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving them (since most armies will likely feature both I've combined them). I'll go first with a 500 point army:

Sujoah 185
2x Fyorlag Spiders 80
Venoc Warlord 120
1xArmoc Vipers 65
Marro Warriors 50

Spiders on Speed! This army has mobility to spare, a decent ranged thread and a solid clean up squad. One of those armies that gets me in daydream mode

So what poisonous thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, predatorily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; May 19th, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Corrected link
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sujoah and/or the Fyorlag Spiders - what's your army ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Sujoah 185
2x Fyorlag Spiders 80
Venoc Warlord 120
1xArmoc Vipers 65
Marro Warriors 50

Spiders on Speed! This army has mobility to spare, a decent ranged thread and a solid clean up squad. One of those armies that gets me in daydream mode

~Aldin, predatorily
This was my army except that I would substitute the Vipers for Zetacron
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Quote:

Sujoah 185
2x Fyorlag Spiders 80
Venoc Warlord 120
1xArmoc Vipers 65
Marro Warriors 50

~Aldin, predatorily
Zetacron? Perhaps Vipers and Isamu for the MW?

~Aldin, confusedly

ETA Never Mind - you meant Zeta instead of the Armocs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Also...

Sujoah - 185
Mittens - 120
Spiders x2 - 80
Venoc Vipers x2 - 80
Marcu - 20
Isamu - 10

Very fast melee group. The idea is to grab all glyphs with spiders and overwhelm your opponent with Sujoah, Spiders and Vipers before they can implement their own strategy.

It would be a ton of fun. Sort of an all or nothing kind of army.
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Quote:

Sujoah 185
2x Fyorlag Spiders 80
Venoc Warlord 120
1xArmoc Vipers 65
Marro Warriors 50

~Aldin, predatorily
Zetacron? Perhaps Vipers and Isamu for the MW?

~Aldin, confusedly

ETA Never Mind - you meant Zeta instead of the Armocs
Yes. Sorry for the confusion.
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Hmm. This would probably be very risky, but fun.

3x Fyorlag Spiders 120
Sujoah 305
Nilfheim 490
Isamu 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I had a similar army to the ones above in mind. I want more spiders, though, since they are pretty easily squished...

Sujoah 185
3x Fyorlag Spiders 120 (305)
Venoc Warlord 120 (425)
1xArmoc Vipers 65 (490)
Isamu 10 (500)

It is melee based, but with that speed on the spiders it could work (either way it would be fun to play).

Or blow the 500 pt. cap and get:

Sujoah 185
3x Fyorlag Spiders 120 (305)
Venoc Warlord 120 (425)
1x Armoc Vipers 65 (490)
3x Aubrien Archers 210 (700)
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Aldin, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post

3x Fyorlag Spiders 120
Sujoah 305
Nilfheim 490
Isamu 500
Oooooh man. Very fun. Very very fun. Nilfheim really compensates for Sujoah's lack of squad control in a way the spiders can't quite compare to. And those spiders can serve as somewhat of a screen for both the big baddies.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:

3x Fyorlag Spiders 120
Sujoah 305
Nilfheim 490
Isamu 500
That looks like tons of fun. It seems you got most of the bases covered really. Squads, heroes, even range due to the flying/fast movement.

Edit: Sorry yagyuninja, that is the second time today I have posted so close to your time and commented on something very similar. I promise I'm not trying to rip off your thoughts.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:

3x Fyorlag Spiders 120
Sujoah 305
Nilfheim 490
Isamu 500
That's the exact first army I thought of for these guys way back when we first saw them. I'd like to either see a beefy 10 point unique predator with a huge drawback or a 25 point common predator to round that army out even more nicely. (And I have customs for both of them because of this! )

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think of Nilfheim whenever I see a new figure with a 5 in it. I think I ought to proxy that army soon. I'm still not sure what to make of the spiders, and I think that putting two 185 point heroes in a 500 point army is asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

But it's such a cool army!! And I do the same with 5s.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion