Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sir Dupuis - what's your army idea?

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing(confirming) Sir Dupuis' card ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=250 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a 495 point army:

Sir Dupuis 150
Sir Gilbert 105
Knights of Westonx2 140
Microcorp Agentsx1 100

As a melee army, this combines the nice durability of the KoW with the ultimate hammer of Sir Dupuis. Of the 100 point ranged squads, the MCA have the most flexibility - plus I'm kinda tired of using the KMA all the time

So what knightly thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, courageously

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Sir Dupuis - what's your army?

Knights of Weston x 3 - 210
Alastair - 320
Eldgrim - 350
Dupius - 500

Templars x 2 - 240
Dupius - 390
AE - 500

Knights x 2 - 140
Dupius - 290
Concan - 370
Finn - 450
Marro Warriors - 500

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 6th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say
Sir Dupius-150
2xTemplars-240} Curse you Matthias!
AE-110

or
Sir Dupius-150
2xKnights-140
3x4th Mass-140
No knighty Bonding,but I still like it!
or
Sir Dupius-150
2xTemplar Knights-240
3x4th Mass-210
or
Sir Dupius-150
2xKnights-140
Gilbert-105
Marro Warriors-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Thats it for today,but I have loads more where that came from.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My vote goes to:

Dupuis
Gilbert
Knights X2
Mass 4th X1
Eldgrim
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
My vote goes to:

Dupuis
Gilbert
Knights X2
Mass 4th X1
Eldgrim
Well, SirGuru has spoken.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:50 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Dupuis 150 +
KoWsX2 140 = 290 +
Sir Gilbert 105 = 395 +
James Murphy 75 = 470 +
Guilty 30 = 500

I figure that both Guilty and James Murphy have the potential to hurt more than one time per turn and the core army of knights needs range support. Why not some cowboys?

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Pretty self explanatory- can be adjusted for given point totals with more, or slightly different vikings.

Coup de Grace
3x Knights of Weston 210
Finn the Viking Champion 290
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 320

Sir Dupuis 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Pretty self explanatory- can be adjusted for given point totals with more, or slightly different vikings.

Coup de Grace
3x Knights of Weston 210
Finn the Viking Champion 290
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 320
Sir Dupuis 470
That army is great on paper, but will be cut down by range. I'll post my army using him a bit later.

~Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Templars x 2 - 240
Dupius - 390
AE - 500
I declare this the raddest army ever. Charging Templar Knights and Easy Company laying waste to evildoers across the land!

Here's my silly army:

Knights of Weston x2 - 140
Thorgrim - 220
Dupuis - 370
Tagawa Samurai Archers x2 - 500

Thorgrim can help out the knights and archers while alive, and Dupuis while dead.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We currently play 510 points, so here's a configuration I may use:
Dupuis 150
KoWx2 290
Finn or Thorgrim 370
4th Mass x2 510

For 490 points
Dupuis 150
KoWx2 290
Templar 410
Finn or Thorgrim 490

Though I may even try some armies without knights to boost Dupuis.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Matthias: Nice armies. After the Venoc Vipers, that second army has to be the greatest example of "the best defense is a strong offense" I've ever seen.
Shades fan: Nifty. I'll bet that no bonding army tends to perform quite nicely (as long as you don't need to get anywhere quickly).
theGuru: Some things you can't argue with. Having been personally slapped around silly by a single squad of the 4th I can verify the puissant nature of this force.
Hero Hot Hatch: Sweet! Cowboys! Giddyup!
Jexik: An intriguing all-melee army.
yagyuninja: I like Thorgrim's synergies in this group and only struggle with the question of how the squad beats armies that outrange them.
HEH: 510 in the 510 that first army has it all!

~Aldin, who thinks charging dinner becomes tons more exciting when a lance, not a VISA card, is involved

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sir Dupuis - what's your army idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing(confirming) Sir Dupuis' card ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=250 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a 495 point army:

Sir Dupuis 150
Sir Gilbert 105
Knights of Westonx2 140
Microcorp Agentsx1 100

As a melee army, this combines the nice durability of the KoW with the ultimate hammer of Sir Dupuis. Of the 100 point ranged squads, the MCA have the most flexibility - plus I'm kinda tired of using the KMA all the time

So what knightly thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, courageously
I disagree with your choice of range units. The Microcorp can't ALWAYS get height, and without it they suck, especially with only one set.

I'd go with the Krav or Omnicrons. But unlike the Krav or Microcorp, the Omnicrons can movement bond with Sir Gilbert.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion