Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: Which Story Would You Rather Read?
Heroscape Story - Legacies 4 36.36%
Zombies Story - The Moon Has Wings 7 63.64%
Some Other Third Thing (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: A TAF Story...?

How about an excerpt?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 15th, 2016, 11:41 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How about an excerpt?
... I should do that...

~TGRF.
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Partly because my own fiction is having trouble getting off the ground. But mostly because you're writing it.
Well of course it's having trouble getting off the ground if you didn't tell me I was supposed to write it

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 23rd, 2016, 06:15 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thumbs up Progress...

The Moon Has Wings is now at 60 pages, around maybe 40% or so done according to the Events List. I don't need it to be entirely finished before I begin submitting it, just around 50 to 80%.

I might--no promises, NO PROMISES!!--be able to begin uploading chapters close to Halloween. Lovely time of year for a spooky zombie story or whatever. In a perfect world anyway. We shall see.

~TAF, hype and yada yada yada...

Old October 23rd, 2016, 07:24 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
The Moon Has Wings is now at 60 pages, around maybe 40% or so done according to the Events List. I don't need it to be entirely finished before I begin submitting it, just around 50 to 80%.

I might--no promises, NO PROMISES!!--be able to begin uploading chapters close to Halloween. Lovely time of year for a spooky zombie story or whatever. In a perfect world anyway. We shall see.

~TAF, hype and yada yada yada...
Ah crap. You're winning the race. Faster, TGRF! Write faster!

~TGRF, eager.
Old October 31st, 2016, 06:29 PM

@kevindola @The Grim Reaper's Friend @TheTravelingScaper @TREX @Marro_Warlord @NecroBlade @Sir Heroscape @TalesOfValhallaOfficial @Tornado @Zetsubo

The Moon Has Wings is officially up, you lucky dogs! Certainly won't be a disaster! Check it out.

And not to worry, Legacies voters. I will get to that story one day, one day...

~TAF

Old November 2nd, 2016, 08:29 PM

TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
@kevindola @The Grim Reaper's Friend @TheTravelingScaper @TREX @Marro_Warlord @NecroBlade @Sir Heroscape @TalesOfValhallaOfficial @Tornado @Zetsubo

The Moon Has Wings is officially up, you lucky dogs! Certainly won't be a disaster! Check it out.

And not to worry, Legacies voters. I will get to that story one day, one day...

~TAF
Thanks for the heads up! I am about to post some new stop motion content myself! Keep up the good work! I love learning from you guys!
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:20 PM

And now for something completely different...

Good news bad news time.

The bad news is that due to a new schedule for the new year, I'll be a lot busier than usual. As such I will have far less time for writing. Although I still have the same 24 hours a day, I've additionally been wracked with a nasty case of the writer's block as of late. As such The Moon Has Wings will have to have a chapter uploaded every other week instead of every week (so kinda like it is already except with less excuses).

Perhaps if I can snap out of the block and get back into the swing of things production will pick back up but until then just letting you guys know.

The good news is that... uh... actually there is no good news. I guess the good news is that since reader interest for TMHW is fairly low at the moment, not many people will suffer due to the slower schedule. Way I see things, as long as it gets finished then it's a job well done. That way future generations will be able to look back and appreciate it fully and say things like "Wow, that was stupendous! Sure glad I didn't have to wait every month for the ****er who wrote this to upload every single chapter! I can just read through the whole thing at my leisure!" Or something like that. Nothing worse than unfinished stories.

~TAF

Old January 12th, 2017, 04:40 PM

I'm feeling really bad about not reading it, being, you know... the only other guy in the forum, basically.

I hope you get your writer's block worked out. My advice is to take a break and then work backwards. Start with the end instead of the beginning. Or any direction, really. Just approach it from a different angle.

~TGRF.
Old January 12th, 2017, 05:17 PM

Typically I tend to write things very quickly in one sitting when I hit my stride. Almost all of my Contest entries were written in only 2 or 3 sittings, and a good 20% chunk of Thunderstorm was written in just one night (hit a stride so hard I spent all of 10:00 to 6:00 just straight up writing). Editing notwithstanding, of course. So I think if I get out of this slump I'll be able to make up for it.

That being said, with a few exceptions, I'd personally rather not skip ahead and work backwards. As I've said in the past, if I can't be bothered to write a particular bit, how is the audience supposed to be bothered to read it?

~TAF

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Typically I tend to write things very quickly in one sitting when I hit my stride. Almost all of my Contest entries were written in only 2 or 3 sittings, and a good 20% chunk of Thunderstorm was written in just one night (hit a stride so hard I spent all of 10:00 to 6:00 just straight up writing). Editing notwithstanding, of course. So I think if I get out of this slump I'll be able to make up for it.

That being said, with a few exceptions, I'd personally rather not skip ahead and work backwards. As I've said in the past, if I can't be bothered to write a particular bit, how is the audience supposed to be bothered to read it?

~TAF
Ah, that's another matter. I was thinking about outlining/developing. If the problem is writing, then I would suggest increasing the tension. Work on the inherent tension in the setting.

In an entry for the competition, I once had to get Agent Carr from point A to point B. It wasn't overly interesting, so after thinking about it some, I added an aerial bombardment by soulborg attack ships into the mix. Perfect! You can also do the same thing on a smaller scale by creating tension in conversation.

Basically just get the reader to ask himself questions (commonly, 'what is going on?' or 'why is this the case?'). He'll keep reading to find the answer.

~TGRF.
Old January 12th, 2017, 08:51 PM

The main problem is that if I ain't in the writing mood, I just can't write. Just gotta wait until I am. No cure for that I suppose.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction