Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 25th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
The Thing (2011 Prequel)

This is it. This is The Thing's chance to redeem itself in the eyes of society after almost 30 years of staying unknown.

Here's the TV spot, and here's some information on it.

In case you don't know, the original "The Thing," a remake of the movie "The Thing From Another World", which was based on the book "Who Goes There?", is a horror film directed by John Carpenter of Halloween fame. It is a movie about a group of scientists in the antarctic who are forced to combat an alien menace that threatens to devour all life. It did badly, but has gotten a cult following over the years, and now it has been recognized enough to get a prequel.

Seeing that it is produced by the same guys who did the Dawn of the Dead remake in 2004, I'm confident it will be good. What about you guys?

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."

Last edited by Claws of Death; September 25th, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old September 25th, 2011, 11:08 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Thing (2011 Prequel)

"The Thing" is one of my favorite horror movies. I have always thought it was well done for its time. I had seen the trailer for this and just thought they were putting a modern spin on the 80's version, but a prequel sounds just as cool. I am assuming the action takes place at the swedish science site that was all burned up at the beginning of the 80's version. Looking forward to it!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

I saw the Thing when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me, one touch and the Thing has you, come on that is scary. Looking forward to taking my son to this.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:16 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
This is it. This is The Thing's chance to redeem itself in the eyes of society after almost 30 years of staying unknown.
I'm really late with this comment but I never thought that Carpenter's The Thing was a movie that needed any redemption. It was a great classic, I enjoyed it then and I still enjoy it now with my DVD. I've been to a number of forums, both local and international, forums for games or sports or discussions or movie interests and it's been praised without end. It may not be as popular as mainstream horror films like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th but it never was considered a bad film at all. So I personally think it unfair to say "chance to redeem itself in the eyes of society" and "staying unknown". I haven't seen the prequel yet but I've read/seen some reviews of it in the internet and most still said Carpenter's take was still pretty good. The prequel had injected some nice stuff but it doesn't make the classic one a bad film at all.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Im' saying that because about 70% of the population hasen't heard of the movie. Everyone I've met in real life's never heard of, let alone seen the movie, so this prequel was it's desperatino striek to get noticed, kind of. The prequel was good, REALLY good, but I don't think good enough to save it from obscurity.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies