Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old April 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM

Kildawabit Woo who?
Re: GenCon Heroscape Events 2010

Smackdown is like every tourney you've ever been to TW, well except BatBIII, if you're going. I'd take a pass on that day and check out the dealer hall. There's tons of great stuff there.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon Heroscape Events 2010

I have made some additional updates to the first 2 posts in this thread, adding more event details in post 1 and rules + overall event details in post 2. Please review this information.

I encourage all of you to post any questions you have here, so that I may answer them. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Events go on sale tomorrow, 4/11, through the GenCon website. You have to have previously purchased a badge to purchase event tickets.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart
Re: GenCon Heroscape Events 2010 - Tickets go on Sale 4/11 !

I will start the first unofficial dumb question. I have absolutely no experience at Gencon but I am going to be a deffinite attendee this year. The tournaments that have power glyphs, how are the glyphs determined from each map? Do you just go with random from the list of glyphs at the glyph locations that the original map maker used?

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonlen4MVP View Post
Do you just go with random from the list of glyphs at the glyph locations that the original map maker used?
That will be the the usual set up. There could be maps selected that require certain glyphs to play right, in which case, the default map settings would be used. I will specify those maps and all special glyph locations for any specific event, once the maps are announced.

Old April 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Do you just go with random from the list of glyphs at the glyph locations that the original map maker used?
That will be the the usual set up. There could be maps selected that require certain glyphs to play right, in which case, the default map settings would be used. I will specify those maps and all special glyph locations for any specific event, once the maps are announced.
Thank you for the quick response.

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there any consensus on what to do with the game 2 events?

In particular:

1) Is is easy to find a buyer if you buy a ticket for Dragonwars/Lightweight but then make Day 2 of the championship?

2) Is it easy to get a ticket at the last minute if you don't make Day 2 of the championship?

--

Smart remarks like "Fomox, you really shouldn't worry about making day 2" are less helpful, even though they are probably true.
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not sure about question 1, but for question 2, I know many of the events sold out last year, so it probably would be difficult to get in.
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:32 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Is there any consensus on what to do with the game 2 events?

In particular:

1) Is is easy to find a buyer if you buy a ticket for Dragonwars/Lightweight but then make Day 2 of the championship?

2) Is it easy to get a ticket at the last minute if you don't make Day 2 of the championship?

--

Smart remarks like "Fomox, you really shouldn't worry about making day 2" are less helpful, even though they are probably true.
I always buy the day 2 event...Lightweight in this example and then decide later if I want to participate in the event. I might need some wins to pick me up from the sadness of not making day-2!

(Lightweight only costs $6 - just pay for it and if you make day 2 give it to some kid who wants to play!)
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM

Saturday events do tend to fill up more so I buy the Saturday event ticket.

If I make day 2, I can just give it to someone, if not I can use it myself.

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Looking for a ka-tet

I had another question about the Main Event. Lets say for instance I decide to go with a 500 point team and hold the 10 points till day 2. Will I be able to carry over those 10 points to the additional day 2 points? I have seen numerous people building teams and doing it this way on the forums, but I wanted to make sure.

Old April 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

I will be at Gencon with my 8 yo son. I assume no one would have a problem if we played the Monster Mash as a team. Basically it would be him playing with me helping him. Or is this a highly competitive event in which this would be frowned on?
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll go ahead and buy one (though picking which one is tough...)

Quote:
Lets say for instance I decide to go with a 500 point team and hold the 10 points till day 2. Will I be able to carry over those 10 points to the additional day 2 points?
Yes. In fact, you could just bring a 10 point army on Day 1 and have another 500+reinforcements for day 2. (Not recommended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
I will be at Gencon with my 8 yo son. I assume no one would have a problem if we played the Monster Mash as a team. Basically it would be him playing with me helping him. Or is this a highly competitive event in which this would be frowned on?
I wouldn't mind and would be surprised if anyone did. As long as you both fit in the space (some tournaments get a little tight) and you aren't taking forever to take turns. (Watching two people discuss 2 scatter movements on my turn, and then taking forever to decide whether to move or use WTF, etc...) If it takes a long time for the two of you to decide what to do, people would find that a bit annoying. Some armies require more decision making, so you might want to pick something simple to minimize this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con