Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: No Stickers? What will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
~Gorthan, wondering where he can find hats for his Feral Trolls......
Spoiler Alert!

Picture Wart-Face in one of these little numbers.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
THE STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DIFFERENTIATE YOUR UNCOMMONS. Paint, permanent marker, other stickers, necklaces, hats(Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea!), nametags
And you don't get any of those in the pack either.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Unisus Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I don't get why Rednax got so much $h!+ for that post. He's right. If the game requires stickers, they should be provided. If your chess set came without a board and included instructions for drawing squares on a piece of paper, you'd be pissed, right?

Rednax, our camp needs a flag. I'm going with the Olympic Flag because it has colored stickers on it already.

As i said before: WotC was never obliged to add stickers to any product - they did so in the MS3 and that seems to be a fault. Adding the sticker sheets in the boosters would complicate the packaging process and is in no measure to the effect.

Do you expect to get a set of cd-marking-pencils (donīt know how they are called in English) with every pack of blank cds?
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
Quote:
I don't get why Rednax got so much $h!+ for that post. He's right. If the game requires stickers, they should be provided. If your chess set came without a board and included instructions for drawing squares on a piece of paper, you'd be pissed, right?

Rednax, our camp needs a flag. I'm going with the Olympic Flag because it has colored stickers on it already.

As i said before: WotC was never obliged to add stickers to any product - they did so in the MS3 and that seems to be a fault. Adding the sticker sheets in the boosters would complicate the packaging process and is in no measure to the effect.

Do you expect to get a set of cd-marking-pencils (donīt know how they are called in English) with every pack of blank cds?
Or blank CDs with every CD burner?
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Spoiler Alert!
This is the best idea, but I am hesitant to make such dramatic differences in figures that I want to all look the same. A little too Starcraft-y, which isn't a bad thing, just not what I'm looking for.

Maybe in gold/bronze/silver. Colored elastic bands will probably be what I do if I bring multiple uncommons to a tournament someday.
I've done mine and they're not too in your face, but they're easily distinguishable.

It's just a quick cell-phone shot, but as long as you're using fairly subdued colors the bracelets don't stand out too much (though they could still use a coat of ink).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
Quote:

This a game with plastic figurines though! A children's game (well it was meant to be anyway ). It's not like it's batteries with a toy car. This is a piece of plastic (fun plastic by the way).
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier
This a game with plastic figurines though! A children's game (well it was meant to be anyway ). It's not like it's batteries with a toy car. This is a piece of plastic (fun plastic by the way).
It's exactly like batteries with a toy car. For the motorized car to function, it needs batteries. Batteries are rarely included with motorized toy cars.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

or ye can do what I do, and this works when yer fielding some squads/uniques as other player(s).

go to walmart, cvs, walgreens, target, etc, etc.
go to the hair section..for @1 ye can buy a bag full of multi coloured hair bands(meant for lil girls hair)..take 2 of same colour(or 3 or 4 or 5 or however many ye need if it's squad)
put them around the fiqures and the than one on the card to denote which are yers.

simple, easy, and non invasive(non marking) on yer fiqures..

cheers
Rod

btw this works great on AE's..they look like lil hula wannabe chics hahahha

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's exactly like batteries with a toy car. For the motorized car to function, it needs batteries. Batteries are rarely included with motorized toy cars.
Then maybe the Uncommon packs should all say "Stickers Not Included" like toy car commericals do.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM

Unisus Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then maybe the Uncommon packs should all say "Stickers Not Included" like toy car commericals do.
While you need batteries to be able to use a motorized toy car, you donīt need stickers to play with the Hydra you just bought. Now if you bought two or more of it and want to use them all at once, you need a way to keep track of each - itīs up to you, how you do it. And there is more similarity to the cd markers than to the batteries in a toy car. So please show me the sign of "no cd-markers included" on the blank cd box and i will agree.

And to be honest - if the MS3 had no stickers, nobody would have thought WotC had had to put them in any uncommon pack.

Last edited by Unisus; April 5th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I am fairly sure the D&D mini folks that originally had these figures managed to do it, without stickers. More over I think many of those players are >8 years old. So the question is are you dumber than a chimp?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Quote:
~Gorthan, wondering where he can find hats for his Feral Trolls......
Spoiler Alert!

Picture Wart-Face in one of these little numbers.

Eh. I'm just not seeing those hats on the Feral Trolls.

Maybe the Fen Hydra.......

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion