Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 28th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Bazooka has disabled reputation
Re: Movie: I am Legend

I enjoyed the story told in the book better. Will Smith's portrayal of someone who was trapped in a hopeless situation forced to do what needed to be done,was hauntingly accurate.

Old April 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

I saw it last week. It was one of my favorite movies of all time. Suspenceful, on the borderline of scary and creepy. Will Smith is awesome!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old May 17th, 2008, 01:15 AM

Devo Hulk is surprisingly tart

I Am Legend is probably the best of Will Smith's movies that I've seen. I loved the scenes with the mannequins and Shrek. It showed how socially deprived he had become after 3 years without human interaction.

The CG was pretty bad though. I thought the lion would start talking to him and say "Welcome, young lion apprentice!" It looked like they used the same CG model for all of the vampires. Same height and face and everything.

I also found it pretty unbelievable that the woman didn't know who Bob Marley was.
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't like when the doggie dies.
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree, Shackle. That seemed unnecessary - it certainly wasn't in either of the other two movies made from the book. And the CG was a little hamfisted. I liked the ending, though, despite having issues with some of the other parts of the film. It wasn't my favorite Fresh Prince of Bel Air movie, but it wasn't too bad.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There were so many things the movie did right, but there were parts I really didn't care for. Watching the effects of the guy's isolation was profound. The dog dying really broke him off from his last bit of humanity (not to mention the last living ties to his late family). Without that scene he doesn't go Deathrace 2000 during the night with the virus victims, but that is one of the parts I really could have done without.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Having watched Last Man on Earth and Omega Man (but not having read the book), I found the animal violence completely unnecessary. I understood that losing Sam was a kick in the jimmy for the poor guy, and even that it was an impetus for the story, but I thought it was in poor taste. Nobody wants to see a dog die. It's like an unwritten Hollywood rule - don't kill the dog. It gets broken now and then, but it bothers me every time.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old May 20th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
...don't kill the dog... it bothers me every time.
I think that's the point. I found it to be incredibly bothersome... and one of the best acting moments in the movie. Nobody wanted to see the dog die, and that's why it was effective.
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I agree, Shackle. That seemed unnecessary - it certainly wasn't in either of the other two movies made from the book. And the CG was a little hamfisted. I liked the ending, though, despite having issues with some of the other parts of the film. It wasn't my favorite Fresh Prince of Bel Air movie, but it wasn't too bad.
Now I would disagree with you on that part! I love dogs, and the German's are my Favorite, but the dog did need to die.
The reason I say this, is because of the poetry in the writing of the film.
Will smith, took the leaders love, so the leader took what Will smith loved.
If you could tell, that is why the leader only sent his dogs after Will Smith, and not the whole tribe of the monsters, other wise they would have just killed Will smith, and the dog.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Having watched Last Man on Earth and Omega Man (but not having read the book), I found the animal violence completely unnecessary. I understood that losing Sam was a kick in the jimmy for the poor guy, and even that it was an impetus for the story, but I thought it was in poor taste. Nobody wants to see a dog die. It's like an unwritten Hollywood rule - don't kill the dog. It gets broken now and then, but it bothers me every time.
Cujo?
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
... Nobody wants to see a dog die. It's like an unwritten Hollywood rule - don't kill the dog.
Fred Gipson and Robert Stevenson would disagree. They wanted to see the dog die. In fact it was integral to the story.
Quote:
It gets broken now and then, but it bothers me every time.
Yes. Yes, it does. The fact that it bothers you is, IMHO, the point of doing it. It makes the story more "real". It forces the viewer to step out of his safety zone and come to grips with his own emotions, and, dare I say, mortality.

Maybe that is why it bothers us so much.

Here endith the lesson for the day.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Last edited by Buddy Lee; June 5th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies