Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old July 31st, 2018, 12:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

I've been looking at my calendar, and it looks like I could do October 6, 13, or 27 for NHSD. Not sure when everybody else is available.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I've been looking at my calendar, and it looks like I could do October 6, 13, or 27 for NHSD. Not sure when everybody else is available.
I currently don't have any conflicts for any of those dates, that I know of. But really we have to get @warriorneedsfoodbadly up in here to give us an idea of when the most likely date is. Also would be good to hear from our other mainstays: @hivelord and @Leotheanimal87 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:55 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I’ll check tomorrow and put us down for 10/27, unless I hear differently from people, like @hivelord , @Detrimentalman , @Leotheanimal87 and @Xotli .
Old August 12th, 2018, 07:58 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I’ll check tomorrow and put us down for 10/27, unless I hear differently from people, like @hivelord , @Detrimentalman , @Leotheanimal87 and @Xotli .
I am putting it in my calendar. Anyone interested in doing scenarios or having a giant free for all battle royale style...something different in other words? We could still figure out a fun way to incorporate some prizes.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 12th, 2018, 10:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Why not both? Tournament, then a free-for-all for anybody who feels like staying?

There's an off chance I bring some extras (wife, brother-in-law, friends).
Old August 13th, 2018, 01:19 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Sounds good to me.
Old August 16th, 2018, 06:15 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I’ll check tomorrow and put us down for 10/27, unless I hear differently from people, ...
That should be good for us, but let me check around with the rest of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Anyone interested in doing scenarios or having a giant free for all battle royale style...something different in other words? We could still figure out a fun way to incorporate some prizes.
Well, you know my philosophy: I'm all about different. Tournament, no tournament, super-huge map with everyone playing at once ... actually, that last one sounds really fun! But, I'm okay with whatever.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 19th, 2018, 02:13 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Odds are I won’t be able to stay late, so my vote would be to incorporate it into the days activities. Maybe a large small point battle royale with everyone. As people get knocked out they can have a skirmish battle with the prior knockout to determine their final placement?

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:30 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That date is good for me so far!

I'm up for changing up the format if y'all want. I can't keep beating y'all with my Death Chaser swarm every year.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:32 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Odds are I won’t be able to stay late, so my vote would be to incorporate it into the days activities. Maybe a large small point battle royale with everyone. As people get knocked out they can have a skirmish battle with the prior knockout to determine their final placement?
Sure, that would be interesting. I don't even care if it's small points—as long as there's a way to keep the battle from lasting forever (e.g. you're out when you lose whatever figure you designate your "king" or somesuch), who cares how many points it is?

OTOH, if we want a giant map (regardless of point sizes), we should either locate one on the site, or maybe figure out how to stick 3 or 4 "regular" maps together, or whatever. Just thinking we should have a plan for that ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
That date is good for me so far!

I'm up for changing up the format if y'all want. I can't keep beating y'all with my Death Chaser swarm every year.
Honestly, I generally prefer something other than a straight-up tourney, as I find those types of games a bit boring. But I know that the annual tourney thing is something that a lot of people really count on, so I don't want to rain on anyone's parade either.

As a counterpoint though: a non-tourney situation might attract more people, if folks (such as DjKniteX up above) really are worried about the pressure of competing in an "official" tournament.

Although, either way, the youngest Xotli progeny—even smaller than the Smaller Animal! will be in attendance this year, as it turns out. She won't be playing anything solo, of course, but she'll be helping me with armies and strategy.

So far everyone in my family is good with the 10/27 date. Quillon has yet to verify with the extended crowd, but I'm on it to get those answers ASAP.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 23rd, 2018, 10:39 AM
This is merely a joke.

How about the format Utah is using this month? It's team games, but every round you get paired with a different random player. So you get a little but of weird, a little bit of tournament, and a little bit of free-for-all.
Old August 25th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
So far everyone in my family is good with the 10/27 date. Quillon has yet to verify with the extended crowd, but I'm on it to get those answers ASAP.
As it turns out, 10/27 is the date of the LA Comic Con, so we'd be down at least 2 people on our side if we go with that weekend. @warriorneedsfoodbadly (and everyone else): is 10/13 or 10/20 a possibility instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
How about the format Utah is using this month? It's team games, but every round you get paired with a different random player. So you get a little but of weird, a little bit of tournament, and a little bit of free-for-all.
Interesting ... I'll have to go look at their thread to see the details. But, as I say: I'm down for whatever.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers