Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
i think adding Q9 would thwart drake pretty easily

2glad
1 blast
Q9

400pts

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old February 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM

Levi Woo who?
Re: Blastatron/Gladiatron Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieNeH
Hi, I'm new to the game (got it for Christmas), and after lurking and reading around here for a few weeks, I've realized the power of the Blastatron/Gladiatron combo.

In the games I've played and tested it against, I can't find anything that stands much of a chance against this group.

I thought Nilfheim's special attack would do it, but I was easily able to approach him with 4 Gladiatrons, and my 5-attack Blastatrons took him out in a single turn.

How can a person get around this nasty combo?

I'm thinking that you could swarm it (Orcs or Marro), but if you're not playing such a themed army, you're toast.

I'd appreciate any insight.
First off, Welcome AggieNeH!

I LOVE these particular soulborgs and use them (1x Blast & 2x Glad) along with the Omicron Snipers and Major Q9 for an even 500 points of Soulborg-y goodness!
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Taking out Glad/Blast with Braxas can be tricky as you are relying on D20 rolls. It is important to meet them in a favorable spot on the board, one with escapability. It is important to keep Braxas as high as possible too as the Blasts are going to get their licks in, you don't want to give away an extra attack die/figure. So let's say you see 4 Blasts w/ 4 Glads leading them approaching you get within 4 spaces of the Glads and most times will kill 2 with your 3 rolls on the D20. Then 2 Glads will get adjacent and you will get hit with 4 rolls of 3 attack dice assuming the Blasts don't have height. That will avererage out to you losing 4 life. Now what do you do? Stay put and take a d20 roll on the 2 Glads adjacent? You need to have a high spot nearby so you can take disengagement and take your d20 roll.... you needed to trick the Glad/Blast guy into attacking you near a spot that you could fly up and get away from him. Even if you do this you are still going to have a tough go with Glad/Blast combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old February 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison
Aubrien Archers are probably my favorite counter to them, and if you use Deathreavers with them, it's going to be rough for your opponent.
I tried a similar army against Mr. Alistair MacDirk ^ one night at his place. I had Raelin in the mix as well.
I was slaughtered.

Darn you, MacDirk! I've faced off against you like 4-5 times and have yet to score a victory!
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:26 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
glads, blasts, q9, oh my!

anyway, welcome to the boards! try jotun and ranged units. the best way is to take the blasties out first.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
AE can dominate against this army. They can drop behind the approaching Gladiatrons and wipe out the Blastatrons. Furthermore, with their awesome range you can position them so that even if they lose initiative the Blasts will only be attacking with 1 attack die
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:42 AM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
/agree the key to nulling Blast/ glad armies is to whipe out all of one or the other. your best bet is which squad is lower in #. if they re even id try to go for the paper thin blastatrons. AE would be a great help but you better win initiative for the round. I doubt if the AE were in range your opponent would waste a turn hitting with 1 attack die if he could avoid it.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My best advice is to kill the Gladiatrons first. They are the real threat. Blastatrons only roll 1 attack die normally. Their strength comes from the Gladiatrons (or less often, the Majors or other Blastatrons). Many players of the Glad/Blast combo will move the Gladiatrons out to engage while holding back a little with the Blastatrons. This is a reasonable strategy, but it's also easily countered....simple hang back on the side of the Glads opposite your opponent and shoot them one by one, or two by two, or whatever method of ranged death your cards allow for. After the Glads are dead you can essentially forget about the Blastatrons (unless they have height/extreme height/Taelord, etc) and concentrate on any other threats your opponent has. Finally, come in and mop up the Blasatrons, preferably using range.

If your opponent is using DW9K or Laglor (or both) to really up the range of these guys, things get a little trickier as the aura of death expands. Still try to kill the glads first but then shoot for the monkey to allow your forces to approach easier.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
If your opponent is using DW9K or Laglor (or both) to really up the range of these guys, things get a little trickier as the aura of death expands. Still try to kill the glads first but then shoot for the monkey to allow your forces to approach easier.
Not really. In my experience, the range of death is limited by the Gladiatrons more than the Blastatrons. As long as you can keep their claws off you, the range of the Blastatrons is essentially a non-issue.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Not really. In my experience, the range of death is limited by the Gladiatrons more than the Blastatrons. As long as you can keep their claws off you, the range of the Blastatrons is essentially a non-issue.
Notice I still say to kill the Gladiatrons first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units