Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HEXES in TEXAS 2008 - NHSD - Dallas/Ft.Worth Tournament

Thank us? Thank you, R˙chean. You did all the field work and the rest of us just showed up and took part in the spoils.

It was a nice venue and the t-shirts rock! Thanks Imax for getting those together.

I had a blast and I got several monkeys off my back. I finally beat Velenne in a tournament setting and I actually posted a winning record for once.

Congrats to everyone I played. Tough games and I hate that time got called in almost every instance.

And DrL'sBroInLaw, arrgh! That was the tightest game I played all day. Much, much fun - and who knows? Maybe a different outcome if I had put the 2 OM on the knights and not Nilfheim.

I guess I'll have to wait until next year to exorcise that demon.

Thanks again R˙chean. Your generosity is tremendous. Kudos and good times!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Congrats Rym on getting over the hump and snagg'n my freak'n Lava!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I am glad we all had a good time.

I apologize that we ran out of time and could not do the championship game. However, if the top two finishers want, we can pit Dignan against DrLsBroInLaw at a future DignanTuesday night for Onacara's trophy.

ITEMS FOUND - I have an Grut Arrow card and a lone Marro Drone. Anybody missing these?

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 18th, 2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: because I am freak'n the man!
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:53 PM

brhodges77 Woo who?

That was the best 20 bucks I have spent in a long time. I went 4 - 1 with an army that playtested like poo. I was able to choose something that I didn`t have as a prize. All in all a fun time was had for my bro' my friend' and myself especially since this was the first time we had done this. Thanks R˙chean for all the work and everyone else for the fun.
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Congrats Rym on getting over the hump and snagg'n my freak'n Lava!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I am glad we all had a good time.

I apologize that we ran out of time and could not do the championship game. However, if the top two finishers want, we can pit Dignan against DrLsBroInLaw at a future DignanTuesday night for Onacara's trophy.

ITEMS FOUND - I have an Grut Arrow card and a lone Marro Drone. Anybody missing these?
The Drone is likely mine as Barr is the only one I know of who ran Drones.
I will check as soon as i get his box from Rym(who toted my stuff home)

Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Dissolutio Woo who?

Alright, this is straight from an 18 year old: OMG WOWOWOWOWOWOW THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! I was absolutely amazed at how neat it was to play new people. Really cool armies, and despite all my worries I didn't have to bring down one quiggles. At 3-2 the sentinels didn't quite dominate but it didn't matter, I loved the losses. Thanks R˙chean for bringing Christmas early (that orc pack will get plenty use) and thanks to DrinkMoreGuiness for running the whole show.
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart

Great job R˙chean. It was a lot of fun.

Great job on the shirts IMax!

DMG... good stuff as always.

Have jetpack, will travel.
Old October 18th, 2008, 10:33 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a great time, thanks to everyone, R˙chean most of all!

If anyone finds a lone blue D20 (from Gilbert's set), I lost mine, otherwise, easily the best time I've had in a long while!

EDIT: Dr. L, I still have your Knights. Thanks again, I'm pretty sure it was always the ones you lent me that did the most killing.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; October 18th, 2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old October 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you R˙chean.

Today was such a blast.

Getting there early, I actually got to see some of how hard you worked to make it happen.

You
did a great job.

I have much more to say--mainly about Tmac and Dignan and the great game I had against Kurisenshi and the crap game against Rod...

But mainly thanks for so much fun, R˙chean.

And I totally don't understand how I never get credit for winning NonGenCon I--Heat of Battle. I won that, R˙chean, Waaaay before MyBroInLaw won anything....

Last edited by DrLivingston; October 18th, 2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Whass up Hooters crowd! Whoop! I laughed so hard at that poor guy from San Antonio with the Viking Hat that ran away! HA!
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM

GladDragon Woo who?

It was my first tournament and it was awesome!

I had a great time and I got a great prize.

Thanks to everyone for organizing, running and prize acquisition.
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:16 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

Thanks again for organizing everything, Ry. I had a blast, even though that was my *worst* tournament showing ever.

For those of you who wondered, I ran the 300+2 army. It consisted of the following:

3x Sacred Band
Parmenio
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Guilty McCreech
2x 10th Regiment of Foot
Total: 520 points

I was 2-3 at the end.

Comments about the venue:
They didn't give us many sandwiches, did they? I only got one, and they never brought out any more.
I thought they said "bottomless soda" - why did they remove all the cups and pitchers an hour before we were supposed to be out?

Oh, well...I'll post the other armies I had thought of if people want them.

Enjoy!
--Aahz
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ironically, Aazh, I also won two games and lost three... but came in last thanks to a couple snafus (not by DMG - long and bizarre story, but funny). Which, I am sorry to say, was NOT my worst showing ever. However, I got both the things I wanted off the table, since MiniMax came in fifth and then gave the prize to me because he couldn't find anything at Wargamers HQ that he wants. I, on the other hand, could spend a grand without batting an eye.

I agree that lunch was a rip. I got half a sandwich and one glass of lemonade before they hauled it all away. I thought bottomless meant you got to get more.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 19th, 2008, 03:43 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Thank you R˙chean.

Today was such a blast.

Getting there early, I actually got to see some of how hard you worked to make it happen.

You
did a great job.

I have much more to say--mainly about Tmac and Dignan and the great game I had against Kurisenshi and the crap game against Rod...

But mainly thanks for so much fun, R˙chean.

And I totally don't understand how I never get credit for winning NonGenCon I--Heat of Battle. I won that, R˙chean, Waaaay before MyBroInLaw won anything....

Crap game! I won that game bahahaha though it was those 3 shots to kill braxis that took that game. otherwise it would have been a massacre..

Rych, geez man maybe one day....isna that the same army ye brought to the last tournament? and the Krav's still died even with no Q9...

Pablo, good game man though that mask did freak me out at first...one of those wtf is up with that dude kinda things.

Hooters!! hahaha that was fun, though poor guy(pablo's bro?) got burnt by the blonde gal waitress...man we'll have to do that again sometime.
to the drives ie pablo and cheddar cheers!!! I know I couldna drive/ride afterwards

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day