Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

This is dumb to ask but instead of starting a new thread or sending a bunch of messages to different people I'm having problems with my signature, it says:

Quote:
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. Your signature can not be longer than 200 characters excluding BB Code markup.
  2. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s).
Here's my signature I want to use:

Quote:
Rex: What happened?
Mr. Potato Head: [in disbelief] Heroscape's been shelved!
I know others have longer signatures than this so what's wrong?
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you get rid of the redundant (center)(/center) that will get rid of error number 2.

Error number one is because your image url isn't counted as BBcode, it's counted as text.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote my response and copy the stuff between the spoiler tags into your signature box.
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM

JonOBonBon Woo who?

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this forum as a member, and I have a question. I understand how the double spaced figures work and how they don't have to stop on one hex of water and such, and they can't be at an angle, and stop on flat terrain to end their movement, but, I came into a very questionable situation a while back.

Ok, I was using a grok rider to move and they were going across on single hex of water. But here's the catch, the area described was on the side of a cliff on the edge of the map and was laid out like this: [land::water::land w/ glyph::water::water]. The rules state that a double hexed figure must end its movement on its leading space when landing on a glyph, but then my figure would be at an angle. Which rule would I follow or trump here. Or would i pass over the glyph and move to the 2x water spaces or not move at all? BTW this wasn't a game changing move, so i'm sure whatever i did doesn't really matter. Also, does it count as 2 moves for a double hex figure to pass over water or just 1. Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOBonBon View Post
Ok, I was using a grok rider to move and they were going across on single hex of water. But here's the catch, the area described was on the side of a cliff on the edge of the map and was laid out like this: [land::water::land w/ glyph::water::water]. The rules state that a double hexed figure must end its movement on its leading space when landing on a glyph, but then my figure would be at an angle. Which rule would I follow or trump here. Or would i pass over the glyph and move to the 2x water spaces or not move at all?
The grok rider would be stuck, assuming there was no passage around the glyph. Many maps are very unfriendly to double spaced figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOBonBon View Post
Also, does it count as 2 moves for a double hex figure to pass over water or just 1. Thanks.
Water is considered the height of the terrain below it; when you move the leading edge of your double spaced figure onto the water, your movement height is counted from that space. Meaning it often costs two (or more) move to move up from the water, though it is possible to find zero height tiles on level with the surrounding terrain (shadow and ice tiles, most typically).

Does that help, or should I illustrate it?
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM

JonOBonBon Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Does that help, or should I illustrate it?
Yes I get the second part about water and such, but I was just curious to see what others though about this situation. Thank you.
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that "must stop on the glyph" is a terrible rule.

It creates so many problems, most of which is causing your other figures to be unable to move through your own figure that is standing on a glyph. Not even phantom walk can get around that rule. (this does not apply to Treasure glyphs, only "power" glyphs; further proof this rule is bad)

Given the scenario you described, that double spaced figure would have to go around some other way.

Note that this also happens if you have cascading water. A double space figure must stop moving if it is in 2 hexes of water. However, if those water tiles are on 2 different levels, the double spaced figure is unable to go that way because it can not ends its movement on 2 different levels.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 28th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Couldn't the double spaced figure stop on the glyph and then be rotated/ flipped to put its second foot on the equal space?

I know some people would say that is still movement but it would be a grey area way around a difficult rule?

I am sure this is not allowed in tourney play but in home play?
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I am not completely sure what you mean, but if you are saying what I think you mean, that would be "waddling" the double spaced figure which is not how they move.

When you move a double hex figure, you pick an end to lead with and the other end follows. When it refers to the lead end, it is referring to which end you choose, not the orientation of the figure on the base. You can freely flip it anytime during movement so long as the figure is on the same two hexes it was on before you flipped it.

So flipping doesn't change the situation at all.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 28th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old January 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Yeah, that "must stop on the glyph" is a terrible rule.

It creates so many problems, most of which is causing your other figures to be unable to move through your own figure that is standing on a glyph. Not even phantom walk can get around that rule. (this does not apply to Treasure glyphs, only "power" glyphs; further proof this rule is bad)

Given the scenario you described, that double spaced figure would have to go around some other way.

Note that this also happens if you have cascading water. A double space figure must stop moving if it is in 2 hexes of water. However, if those water tiles are on 2 different levels, the double spaced figure is unable to go that way because it can not ends its movement on 2 different levels.
Perhaps if Heroscape was ever put back into production the must stop when you move onto a glyph rule could be amended in the case of 2 hex figures. Allow them to continue moving as long as one hex of their base remained on the glyph. They are still hosed in the case of cascading water.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:04 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

D'oooooh busted, yep R˙chean that is what I was saying. I knew it wasn't allowed but I tried !!!
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM

3hex Woo who?

Hey dudes, I've got a burning question(s). (Dumps water).

If you start on a road/wall walk and start climbing a ladder, do you lose the road movement bonus, or can you bonus up the ladder?
On a related note, when flying/leaping/Dropping etc., can you place the figure on any rung of a ladder? Or must you climb the rungs?
Finally, I just recently got Swarm of the Marro. Is the Marro Hive subject to effects that hit figures, such as Chilling Touch, or Nilrend(this especially.)
Finally, when using Brandar rules that add to a figure's range, if the end Range is 4 or more, is that character subject to Ivor, or would the original Range take over.

Until Utgar repents and orders his Army to give hugs all around, make mine 'Scape!

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hex View Post
If you start on a road/wall walk and start climbing a ladder, do you lose the road movement bonus, or can you bonus up the ladder?
Your entire movement has to be on road/wall spaces to get the move bonus. That includes the starting space, the ending space, and all the spaces in between. And in case it isn't clear, the 3 bonus spaces must be road/wall spaces as well.
Quote:
On a related note, when flying/leaping/Dropping etc., can you place the figure on any rung of a ladder? Or must you climb the rungs?
Flying figures can land on a ladder rung.
Leaping figures can land on a ladder rung.
Figures can fall off of a ladder rung.
Figures cannot fall onto a ladder rung.
Quote:
Finally, I just recently got Swarm of the Marro. Is the Marro Hive subject to effects that hit figures, such as Chilling Touch, or Nilrend(this especially.)
Definitely yes.
Quote:
Finally, when using Brandar rules that add to a figure's range, if the end Range is 4 or more, is that character subject to Ivor, or would the original Range take over.
I am not sure about the scenario you are playing, but if a figure has range of 4 or more (whether it is being boosted by a power or not), Ivor will certainly help because the figure has a "range of 4 or more". Now if Ivor was worded in a way like "If the figure's Army Card has a range of 4 or more" then it would be a different story, because then you are looking at a fixed number on the card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's