Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old February 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
It was a strange tourney, range-wise. One Nilf, one Q9, naturally the Q9 army won
I say that's because the Q9 army never played the Nilfheim army, but we will never know now.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Updated my post (#271), with my awesome new record of 12-11, for a win % of 52!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I updated my post on the first page with this weekend's TempleCon events:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
TempleCon: Heat of Battle, February 2009, RI (450pts, no glyphs, no starting zones)
Zombies x4, Dumutef Guard x3, Izumi Samurai, James Murphy
Results: 2-3

TempleCon: The Championship, February 2009, RI (520pts, no glyphs)
Major Q9, Zettian Guards, Airborne Elite, Rats x4
Results: 3-2

TempleCon: NESA Rumble, February 2009, RI (450pts, playground-picking for gangs and then double elimination)
Sgt Drake (SotM), 4th Mass x4
Results: 4-1

TempleCon: Above Cursed Lands, February 2009, RI (450pts, non-flyers roll attack die for damage each round)
Charos, Major Q10, Kelda, Isamu
Results: 5-1

TempleCon: General Wars II, February 2009, RI (450pts, single general)
Grimnak, Nerak, Heavy Gruts x3, Marro Warriors, Marcu
Results: 3-0

Overall record: 57-20, for a 74.0% win rate.
Onacara is currently compiling data for the NESA Cup, after that it'll come to me for NERV. At that point I'll add in placings and who I won/lost against. For now, imagine every event says "lost to Bengi". I played him four(?) times and lost every one.
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Using Kelda in Battle over Cursed lands is an awesome idea. At the one at GenCon, pretty much everyone was playing Minions and/or Krug; my army was 3x Minions and Krug. It was only 3 man heats though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Using Kelda in Battle over Cursed lands is an awesome idea. At the one at GenCon, pretty much everyone was playing Minions and/or Krug; my army was 3x Minions and Krug. It was only 3 man heats though.
Thanks. I think I faced two Krugs. One was against Nyys and we were joking about how it might be a good strategy for me to use Kelda to heal his Krug to slow down his damage at a crucial moment.

I hadn't played this army at all (or with Kelda much anyway) going into the event, and I'd never played the format either. It took a few games to get used to when/how to activate Kelda. The general idea, which worked pretty well once I was into the rhythm of it, was to use Q10 to take out whoever I thought the biggest threat to Charos was and let Kelda/Charos do the rest. He usually went down without taking out his points' worth on paper, but often having done enough to give me a significant edge in the game.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Oops. I meant 3-round heats (8 people).

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:46 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I went 3-2 in the Eastern PA Scapers: Utgar Vs. The World tournament with:

3x Reavers
3x Stingers
Ne Gok Sa
Isamu
Agent Carr

My overall tournament record is now 12-4 with a win % of 75%.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In the Eastern PA 'Scapers: Utgar Vs. The World tournament I went 4-1 with this army

3x 4th Mass
Raelin (RotV)
Airborne Elite
1x Sentinels

My all time tournament record is 4-1 with a win percentage of 80%.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Updated my results with the TempleCon weekend back on the 6-8th.

TempleCon (February 09)
Dragon Wars
450 points (24 hex limit)
Charos
Krav
Deathreavers x2
Zetacron
3-0 (tourney champion)

General Wars I
Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers x3
Aubrien Archers x3
1-4

TempleCon Championship
520 points (24 hex limit)
Gladiatrons x2
Blastatrons x2
Major Q10
Raelin (RotV)
Otonashi
4-1

Battle Above Cursed Lands
Eldgrim
Krug
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Major X17
4-1

12-6 overall for TempleCon

Overall: 23-15 61% for all tournaments.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; February 28th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Poor Ullar.

Quote:
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Poor Ullar.
Yep.

Ohhh, you meant that sympathetically...
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Poor Ullar.
Yeah, it's all or nothing with that army.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion