Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 5th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I got some better test prints out of my Ender, now that I'm level I'll try printing a cube and maybe a Heroscape base. What is the enlargement from the .STL files here to get them to proper size again? I have Cura to scale up, just want to make sure I go to the proper size.
2540%

CURA is in mm, the figures are in inches

25.4 mm to inch * 100%
Old February 5th, 2020, 06:35 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Hi,
I have good news! After replacing the m6 coupler, looks like the melting issue is almost gone, but stringing is still there (lower temp may fix it?). However, as a conclusion, I personally recommend replacing the default couplers that come with every Ender 3.

As you can see, there're no blobs under the body, while there's still a bit under the legs and tail.

Now I've questions about painting, and I suppose I'm not the only one who's never painted anything before. Any help to get started?

About the bases, as they come with the model itself when you print the file, it's impossible to print a decal and glue it to the base so, any advice about how to paint/finish them?

Thanks.

Just playing around...
Old February 5th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think you can print the figure and base separate.
Old February 5th, 2020, 07:51 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I need to figure out how to cut off the base from the models too.

Thanks for the settings WK. I have it all written down now.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:

I separate them in blender. If you select the model. Put it in edit mode. Select vertices, separate by loose parts. Put back into object mode. You should then be able to select the model and base separately. I then delete the base and export the model. Sometimes there are holes in the bottom of the model where it was placed next to the base.
Edit: also what WK has below. Its probably a quicker process.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:47 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:

It's easy to get rid of the bases in Blender.

1) Import the .stl into Blender
2) Switch from object mode to edit mode
3) Right click onto any vertex on the base
4) Press ctrl-L to select the whole base
5) Hit X and then Delete
6) Export as an .stl file

Eventually I'll get around to uploaded figures sans bases, but it won't be for a while.
Old February 6th, 2020, 09:51 AM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Well right now I may be having the same issue as Guillermo-Tell. I made a nice cube (albeit not quite square)

but then tried a prone figure and got a mess of stringy goo instead. I'll have to try different temps more akin to what is listed in this thread as well as the CURA profile to see if that helps.

This Sci Fi Gunner

Old February 6th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe in Cura if you lower the z axis of the figure so the base is lower than the build plate, it will only print the figure. Anything below the build plate doesn't print. It might be quicker than going back to blender.
Old February 6th, 2020, 10:27 AM

@robbdaman ,
First of all, it looks like your nozzle is starting too far from your bed. You need to raise the bed to get a better first layer. But you might need to change your bowden couplers as well.
Old February 6th, 2020, 11:18 AM

I'll give it a try, my test grid came out nicely printed lines but the center area wasn't perfect which could be the issue. Maybe that's another thing a glass bed would help with. I'll keep plugging away at it. Any different couplers or nozzles people recommend over the ones that come with the printer?

Old February 6th, 2020, 02:32 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
I'll give it a try, my test grid came out nicely printed lines but the center area wasn't perfect which could be the issue. Maybe that's another thing a glass bed would help with. I'll keep plugging away at it. Any different couplers or nozzles people recommend over the ones that come with the printer?
My 2 cents:

I think the base mess may be caused by an incorrect bed leveling, try leveling with a piece of paper on each corner.

About the rest of the figure, if you're using the stock couplers, I highly recommend replacing them with new ones and maybe Capricorn tube, solves a lot retraction issues. My Ender 3 still suffers from stringing, still not sure about the cause.

About the glass bed, I have one and always use it. The main pro is the completely flat surface you get at the bottom, but the main con is it's very difficult to make the prints attach to it. I found it's easier if you spread a thin layer of glue with a glue stick, but not too much or you can't remove the prints later!

About the nozzles, I'm using the stock ones so, I can't help with that.

Thanks.

Just playing around...
Old February 6th, 2020, 04:32 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is such an excellent resource, thank you for providing it. Are there any plans to do matte scans of the other four Aquilla's Alliance figures?

Last edited by Alexandros; February 6th, 2020 at 05:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing