Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 23rd, 2019, 11:04 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - Wave 28 - MARVEL COSMIC

Great work, chaps! I haven't been here too long, but seeing this wave drop is definitely a moment. Here's to doing this again in 2029!

Oh, and one other thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Huge thanks to everyone who made this release happen! Not just the folks working behind the scenes, but also to the public members out here workshopping designs, running tests, and just letting us know when you're excited about what we're doing. This is the biggest C3G release in four years, and that wouldn't have been possible without the resurgence in activity C3G has seen over the last year or so.

And, as briefly mentioned in the above promo post, we're gonna keep releases coming all year. They won't be quite as big as this one, but you'll have something to look forward to every month for the rest of the year. All part of the big 10th Anniversary blow-out!

It doesn't surprise me to see C3G turn ten. What does surprise me is just how darn lively the group is, as it hits double digits. There was a time when I felt like I was on a fun ride, but it was pulling back into the station, much as I didn't want that to be the case. Turns out it was one of those roller coasters that just sends you back through the station for a second so it can spit you out for another go-round.

It's as exciting to be involved in C3G as it ever has been! There's a ton of stuff coming up in the sanctum that I'm jazzed about. Crazy energy in the public that I love seeing. So many designs and ideas and worlds that seem like they can be realized, when they were pipe dreams a couple years ago.

I wasn't here from the start (maybe why the full decade isn't quite so shocking to me as it is to some), but I've adopted C3G pretty hard as my full-time pastime. It's been a rock for me these last few years and I am so pleased and proud and excited to see it doing so well.

After the general shout-out to the public members up top, I did have a few other more specific thanks and shout-outs. It's impossible to acknowledge everyone who contributes to any C3G release, much less one of this scope. There are no solo designs here, after all. But if I had to shout out a few people:

@Viegon and @SirGalahad , who aren't hanging around C3G anymore, but contributed greatly to this wave: check out that Inhumans booster. Those are the last designs we have lead by these C3G Legends.

@Zettian Juggernaut and @Lazy Orang , who both put a ton of work into this wave (ZJ with the Starjammers and LO with a trio of ambitious designs for absolute icons) and put in even more work to vet everything ahead of release.

@Yodaking and @Arkham , whose designs in this wave are gonna breathe some new life into the Guardians of the Galaxy, and who also tremendously helped with getting those photos together for that promo post.

@Scapemage @Soundwarp SG-1 @japes and @Arkham again, who provide really incredible art support. Art team's what makes the whole project work, and we wouldn't have a product without em. And they've never once tried to lynch me when I ask for last-minute art updates.

Props are also due @IAmBatman , who helped with photography and general staying on task as we brought this one in for a landing, and @dok , who spearheaded the effort to finally bring Space Jesus into C3G.

So if it's not too much trouble, and if for some reason you haven't lately, rep those guys when you see em! Rep anyone else you see hanging around, just to be safe. They probably helped too, I just have to go to sleep at some point instead of rambling about how great everyone is. Anyone who didn't do a bunch of stuff for this release probably has stuff coming out later this year, so I'll get a chance to talk em up then.

Happy birthday to C3G, and hope you have fun with the new cards, folks!

(EDIT: Not sorry for the wall of text!)
I agree with almost everything here, but it's missing one important callout - Ronin did at least as much to vet the wave as myself or ZJ, designed a number of great units, was involved in testing almost everything as far as I'm aware and is generally speaking indispensable in keeping C3G going. If there's any one chap who's necessary to the project right now, it's probably him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, just a couple of years ago 23 designs would be our "budget" for the whole year... I think, if all goes as planned, you guys can expect 50+ new cards in 2019. There's been a ton of love an enthusiasm in the Sanctum and the public for all things C3G recently, and I'm stoked to see it!

I remember when we were working on our first Cosmic wave a few years back, I was shocked that Marvel was making a GOTG movie, and that, lucky us, it was releasing just in time for our wave. Like, man, Rocket Raccoon? In a big budget movie? Dude's a novelty character. Now he's got a second C3G design and is headlining one of the biggest movies of all time. Lucky us, they line up perfectly once again!

Now I don't want to compare us to Marvel Studios, the unexpected underdog that started with a dream and some superheroes and ended up a success beyond anyone's wildest dreams... but the headline writes itself, don't you think?
Yeah, I've always kind of linked those two in my mind. It helps that I got into C3G just as the MCU was starting to rev up (first Marvel films I actually remember releasing when I followed this sort of stuff were the first Thor and Captain America) and that C3G got me into the MCU. Having C3G's big 10 year Anniversary in the same year as Avengers: Endgame just feels right.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:41 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Awesome stuff guys!
Old April 23rd, 2019, 01:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Hottest smurf of all time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 04:36 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Happy birthday C3G!!

What's up with claymation?
Old April 23rd, 2019, 05:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Having broken Thanos II out for a game a few weeks ago, I can verify that he is every bit an Event Hero and a built in Scenario rolled into one. He was AWESOME!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 25th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Having broken Thanos II out for a game a few weeks ago, I can verify that he is every bit an Event Hero and a built in Scenario rolled into one. He was AWESOME!

Seriously, glad to hear he works well, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 25th, 2019, 02:45 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Event hero with a scenario built in is a nice way to put it. Lots of cool stuff in this release.
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:11 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Probably the most impressive design since Galactus which is fitting.
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Event hero with a scenario built in is a nice way to put it. Lots of cool stuff in this release.
Honestly, I think that's kind of what Event Heroes are: Single figure armies with built in scenarios. Thanos definitely is true to the spirit of the Event Hero concept and executes it excellently.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 25th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Honestly, I think that's kind of what Event Heroes are: Single figure armies with built in scenarios. Thanos definitely is true to the spirit of the Event Hero concept and executes it excellently.
I don't think it's necessarily what Event Heroes are as a rule, but it's certainly what some of them (mostly the more expensive ones) can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Probably the most impressive design since Galactus which is fitting.
Wow, that's an accolade! Thanks, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:54 PM

Well deserved. I had faith in your vision.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy