Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 20th, 2019, 12:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gorillinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I really like these guys and are one of the only common squads I would use as a 1 of. They are nice to half-bond with Nakitas. I'm not sure how multiples would work as they don't have bonding but I can tell from experience 1 of this squad is good to grab height or other things.
I have quite a few squads of these and absolutely love their sculpts. Competitvely they just dont hold their weight for me though. I dont believe Ive ever done well with them. For their price they die pretty easily. I do want to love them though, I mean look at them, they are beautiful sculpts.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 20th, 2019, 01:17 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Well, they aren’t really tournament units. Any ranged special attack will clean them out in a turn. The only time I’d ever use them is if:

1. My opponent doesn’t have any ranged special attacks
2. My opponent drafted a core of omnicrons or microcorps.

But should the draft go that way, they make for an excellent counter-draft. Bringing them to a tournament though, is a questionable decision. I wouldn’t trust them against most competitive-level armies.
Old September 20th, 2019, 01:33 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I really like these guys and are one of the only common squads I would use as a 1 of. They are nice to half-bond with Nakitas. I'm not sure how multiples would work as they don't have bonding but I can tell from experience 1 of this squad is good to grab height or other things.
I have quite a few squads of these and absolutely love their sculpts. Competitvely they just dont hold their weight for me though. I dont believe Ive ever done well with them. For their price they die pretty easily. I do want to love them though, I mean look at them, they are beautiful sculpts.
I use a 1 of squad just for clean up units really and grab spaces. For instance if on whatever map we are on the opponent chooses one way to go (maps typically have 2 or more ways "to go") and my units also go that way, but I'll send the gorillas the other way to flank or kill the enemy Marcu on the glyph on the opposite side of the map. For clean up they also do fairly well but they do need height to be effective, but the move helps with that. Other than those two things I don't really do much with them and I cannot see using anymore than 1 squad.

How I see it if I'm bringing the Nakitias I can bring a max of 1 squad of these guys otherwise it's a waste as their bonding is sub par as they themselves don't bond with anything and their only bonding is movement from the Nakitas. It's really just using the Nikatas to their full potential and Vydar has limited bonding besides tron.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old September 20th, 2019, 11:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I use a 1 of squad just for clean up units really and grab spaces. For instance if on whatever map we are on the opponent chooses one way to go (maps typically have 2 or more ways "to go") and my units also go that way, but I'll send the gorillas the other way to flank or kill the enemy Marcu on the glyph on the opposite side of the map. For clean up they also do fairly well but they do need height to be effective, but the move helps with that. Other than those two things I don't really do much with them and I cannot see using anymore than 1 squad.

How I see it if I'm bringing the Nakitias I can bring a max of 1 squad of these guys otherwise it's a waste as their bonding is sub par as they themselves don't bond with anything and their only bonding is movement from the Nakitas. It's really just using the Nikatas to their full potential and Vydar has limited bonding besides tron.
I believe they do have an attack option bonding with C3V's Zaeus. Even with their bonding options with him or Nakitas they just don't usually make the grade. I generally place in the lower 50% of the tournament contestants when running them. Where'as on a normal day I'm in the higher 50% based on my strategy or skill or dumb luck. I love how they look, but there are a ton more viable options out there competitively. I feel the same thing about the Dzu Te and the Quasatch. I love their monkey like skulpts, but there are just many more options that are better to play with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 21st, 2019, 11:51 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah they are graded around a C I believe, there are just better options. Like I told my friend sometimes you may have a great army but it's just not good VS what everyone else plays. If a tourney consisted of no A ranking figures somehow I could see them spike in use.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old May 10th, 2020, 04:22 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Always thought these guys were so cool, but man are they over priced... If they had had a 2 defense, and 3 attack, perhaps make 'em 100-110 pts, they'd be darn near perfect IMO. As is, much more of a finesse squad. If they can grab height they can be a threat, but with so many special attacks around, it's fairly easy to dispatch them. (Yes yes, Raelin, blahblah) Awesome sculpts though!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 10th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My problem with the guys has always been their glass jaw. To make them work you have to have an army in the 600-700 pt range which IMO is too much

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:16 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
My problem with the guys has always been their glass jaw. To make them work you have to have an army in the 600-700 pt range which IMO is too much
Agreed, although I don't play many games above 500. I'm personally more of a theme player than a mix/match player, too, but I've always wanted to make em work in a Vydar army, but can't quite make it happen.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 12th, 2020, 04:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

You can play by the Competitive Unit Congress version of the card, which changes TOUGH work on special attacks and increases their attack value from 2 to 3. Use this card and add ZAEUS with his GORILLINATOR ATTACK BONDING and they are great! They are still best at 520+ points so you can have 3+ squads, Zaeus, and Nakita Agents or Laglor, and even better at 600 to add Raelin or 2xDeathreavers.

2 alternate versions of CUC card (neither are the best looking, but click on thumbnail card for HQ version):

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units