Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 11th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I actually have this one drafted as with most of the Squadron. I must have shared something with you because you have the Uncompromising Personality on him which is the keyword personality currently going with the Squadron. In all honesty I actually like your version better. The only thing I'm questionable on is the Criminal personality but only a tiny bit. The goal was to make a version that worked as both the Squadron Sinister and Squadron Supreme without needing two versions since they are nearly identical. The Criminal part though does seem to push the idea that he's a villain but I honestly think that can be overlooked to give him more army builds.
Yeah, we've talked about the Squadron a little bit before. I feel like Criminal is a must here to get him in on Spider-Man villainy. Speed Demon is a little different from the other Squadron members in that he's very iconic as a low-level Spidey villain.

Also, strictly speaking, I think it makes sense for Speed Demon to have more villain-y flavor since he's more tied to Squadrons Sinister - there's never been a benevolent Squadron with Speed Demon on it. Most Squadrons have a version of Whizzer or Blur.

Quote:
I do like the Repetitive strike re-use though.

I plan on running the Squadron in parallel with the titans (since Heroes have two slots) as soon as the Fearsome Five are done. I can hold off on Speed Demon until last with the hopes of turning him over to you if he doesn't get pushed too far down your list.
Sounds like a plan. I'm more or less booked up for the rest of the year, but once I get to my "tie in with whatever's On Deck" phase, Speed Demon will be a good candidate for that. If you get to him first, though, definitely take him.
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:17 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, we've talked about the Squadron a little bit before. I feel like Criminal is a must here to get him in on Spider-Man villainy. Speed Demon is a little different from the other Squadron members in that he's very iconic as a low-level Spidey villain.

Also, strictly speaking, I think it makes sense for Speed Demon to have more villain-y flavor since he's more tied to Squadrons Sinister - there's never been a benevolent Squadron with Speed Demon on it. Most Squadrons have a version of Whizzer or Blur.
Yeah I was taking creative liberties here since to me the only real difference is name and costume...he's exactly the same other than that in my mind and creating a Speed Demon bad guy and a Whizzer good guy seemed like a waste of time and space and Speed Demon is both cooler looking and a better name. Either way I have no real issues with the criminal tie. It gives him more options.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I really like Speed Demon - nice to see a speedster in the Criminals' ranks. Repetitive Strike is a great SA for a speedster, particularly one who's clashed with Spidey. (So many Spidey villains I don't know....) Speedster Ambush is a fun little power too.
Not too surprising that you're unfamiliar. There are a lot of fun B- and C-List Spidey villains that haven't made it into many (or any) adaptations because Spider-Man has such a deep rogues gallery. Glad you like him, anyhow!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Yeah I was taking creative liberties here since to me the only real difference is name and costume...he's exactly the same other than that in my mind and creating a Speed Demon bad guy and a Whizzer good guy seemed like a waste of time and space and Speed Demon is both cooler looking and a better name. Either way I have no real issues with the criminal tie. It gives him more options.
I could see doing two versions not necessarily to reflect the good guy/bad guy split, but to reflect the Squadron/criminal split. There's no reasonably-priced Whizzer mini, though, so I think the consolidated approach makes sense. If a Whizzer mini came along later and someone was so inclined, they could always do a slightly higher-end, morality-neutral version of the character that would be all about the Squadron.
Old June 11th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I really like Speed Demon - nice to see a speedster in the Criminals' ranks. Repetitive Strike is a great SA for a speedster, particularly one who's clashed with Spidey. (So many Spidey villains I don't know....) Speedster Ambush is a fun little power too.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Symbiotic

Re: Ronin's Danger Room Workshopping Thread

So, despite being promoted to Hero, I do still have a few older write-ups I'd like to post in here at some point, if only to air em out and get the ideas out there.

I've updated the OP to divide the stuff I've already posted in here into two categories; the characters and designs I'm more invested in running myself (and will likely be drafting), and those that I wouldn't mind passing off to another Hero/Sidekick/Ally. Not inconceivable that I'd end up running something from the second category, but it's not as high priority to me.

So I'll still be posting write-ups in here periodically, and everything I post is going in category two. If you see something you like and you want to run it yourself (or use it as a springboard for your own version), feel free to workshop it out with me in here!
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not if I draft them first...j/k

There is good stuff in both list. I'm planning on starting the Challenge threads back so I may borrow some from your bottom list.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Gorr, the Scarlet Spiders and Ragnarok are on the back burner? Aww, man....

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Not if I draft them first...j/k

There is good stuff in both list. I'm planning on starting the Challenge threads back so I may borrow some from your bottom list.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Well, some stuff had to be. There were a lot of tough cuts in there. I may actually end up running the Scarlet Spiders if I need to jump back in on the Young Marvel stuff. I've tried to account for the release schedule in refining my priorities here, but that sort of thing is subject to change, so I may end up reaching into the lower list occasionally if it helps release planning.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:15 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
That's why he split the list...If someone wants them sooner, that's the list he'd work on with others and if someone shows a strong desire he'd let it go. Similar to the way we worked Crossbones.

Old June 18th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Hard as ice

I know - that's why I'm not so disappointed about Winter Soldier, as I have my eye on him myself. Just not sure it feels right to pick up a design I love the look of when I don't actually know the character. I've been torn on that a few times before.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Symbiotic

I think if you've got a handle on the MCU version of Bucky, you should be on pretty firm ground taking that one over. The comics and movie versions aren't too out-of-line with each other. Main thing I'd like for that design that's not really evident in the movies is that I'd like him to get along with Widow.
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name are #095 / Hulk.
NAME = PROFESSOR HULK
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE BANNER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 360?

NEGOTIATION
Before moving, you may choose one Unique Hero adjacent to Professor Hulk and remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the chosen figure's Army Card. Negotiation cannot be used against figures with the Insane personality and can only be used once per round. Hulk cannot attack the chosen figure on the same turn that he uses Negotiation.

BFG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 6.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. Hulk only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Hulk can be affected by this special attack and can only use this special attack once per round.

SUPER LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Hulk may Super Leap. Super Leap has a move of 10. When counting spaces for Hulk's Super Leap movement, ignore elevations. Hulk may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Hulk may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. If Hulk is engaged when he starts to leap, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Hulk rolls 3 less attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.
Bio - With some help from Doc Samson, Bruce Banner finally managed to reconcile his Banner side with his Hulk side, creating a singular, healthy 'merged' persona that retained the Hulk's incredible strength as well as Banner's intelligence. The new Merged Hulk (who would later be known as the Professor) briefly lead a team of superheroic philanthropists called the Pantheon. It eventually turned out that this new, more enlightened Hulk was in fact a distinct new personality rather than a true merger of Banner's previous personas.
Notes - Hulk Smart! A different riff on Negotiation would probably be a good idea here, because it's not actually very clear whether Hulk could Negotiate an OM off of someone and then fire off the BFG at someone next to them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy