Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Book of Ghoul Vanguard

The Book of Ghoul Vanguard
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 16th, 2016, 08:40 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Ghoul Vanguard

Such a great unit.
Find a way to add in Morrindan zombies either as their own unit, or as thematic replacements for ressurected zombies via wake the dead, and black has a great thematic army that even heroscape was hard pressed to match.
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:04 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Do the created Zombies count as figures that can be destroyed by black's many sacrificial spells? Are they creatures? What happens if they are unsummoned?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:58 AM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

I think you can use as tributes that says "target figure/creature". But it cant be unsummoned cuz its not part of a unique squad anymore, just a creature.
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would think that it being un summoned would be the equivalent of it just getting destroyed, because it cant be re summoned.

Old August 5th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

But it was never summoned. This is another one I could see being ruled either way.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 5th, 2016, 05:34 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
But it was never summoned. This is another one I could see being ruled either way.
Well played, I agree Tornado, because it just says place, not summon, the Ghoul Vanguard is not a planeswalker. If it is not summoned, it should not be un summoned.

I find this one to be a little strange, If you are getting the destroyed figures back on the board, it might be a little bit of a pain to keep track of the zombie ones.

Old August 5th, 2016, 11:31 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Wake the Dead:
At end of turn, return each squad creature destroyed in combat by Ghoul Vanguard this turn to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to Ghoul Vanguard. Those creatures lose all their squad characteristics and become Zombies with life 1, 3 POW, 3 DEF, move 4, and range 1.

Unsummon:
Target a Unique Squad creature within 4 clear sight spaces of a blue Planeswalker you control. Return that squad to its owner's reserve.

The Zombies are not unique squad figures, therefore are not legal targets for Unsummon.

They would fall under any nomenclature that refers to 'figures' or 'creatures' but not any that specify around 'squad'
Old August 6th, 2016, 10:21 AM
"like" happy

@Kajoq , My point on the zombies is- say you kill like five different squad figures with the vanguard, just having them on the board with the rest of the other figures might be a little confusing. You'd have to really keep track of which ones you took out. The power is cool, that's what I was getting at. On the Unsummon thing, I totally agree with you.

Old August 6th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I used Zombie figures instead of the actual figures to tell them apart.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 6th, 2016, 11:26 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

I have a few squads of Zombies of Morindan en route along with some ROTV terrain for a buddy ; )
Old August 6th, 2016, 01:28 PM
"like" happy

Those are good alternates to tell them apart. It should get some extra use out of my 30 zombies of morindan.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards