Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 11th, 2012, 09:25 PM

Xaven Woo who?
Found a MarvelScape today.

'Sup. New member. Move thread if needed.

Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart in Brunsiwick, Maine today. There, I found about 20 Marvel sets. HAving only ROTV, I picked one up. For all we know, 'Scape may come back in the area, then possibly spread. But then again, that's hoping too high.

Figured I'd let you guys know, if you're in the area.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:11 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Found a MarvelScape today.

Those aren't that rare currently, and are about available for retail price. Of course, recently I've ordered my own set, opened it, and found 90% of the figures missing, so maybe it's not as common as I thought.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Xaven, what was the price?

Just curious if it was marked down.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM

Xaven Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Xaven, what was the price?

Just curious if it was marked down.
$23.00. I think they were selling it for $40 when it first came out.
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:51 PM

Kurgan2001 is surprisingly tart

It must be nice LOL I never got the chance to get my own Marvel set and I have never even seen it in any wal-marts in my area. Good find.
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

While that set is REALLY common and goes cheap, I am really shocked that a retail store that size even kept any around! Makes me wonder what ELSE they have in their warehouses that someone overlooked.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was at the Walmart next to the Walmart distribution center in my area last week and took a stroll pass the toy section just to see if they suddenly had any Heroscape in stock. No luck, but I thought it was worth a shot since all the blow out sales popped up online. Walmart is known for picking up surplus stuff at a deep discount if they think they can sell it. I would not have been surprised if they bought up a lot when WOTC had their fire sale. Perhaps they did any that is why you found all those Marvel sets.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

I haven't seen any Heroscape in my local Wal-Mart, and I even live in somewhat close proximity to you. Good to see a fellow Maine 'Scaper around here!
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Most of a year ago I found a badly damaged MarvelScape box in the clearance aisle at a Baltimore-area WalMart.

I took it to customer service to see how much they wanted for it, and they couldn't find it in their system it had been gone for so long. The manager recognized it as Something Ancient and offered it to me for $10.

Then another lady tried to ring me up and somehow she saw the correct price in her computer, which was $20 (maybe $23, like yours), but the Manager Had Spoken so I got it for $10.

There's my MarvelScape WalMart story.

Welcome to the site!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:17 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

That's a price I'd pay for that set for sure...too bad they didn't have the DnD sets as well.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Last month, one of our local Wal-Marts had multiple Marvel sets (at least eight) for $15 each. I bought an extra one for myself, but I already have a couple, so I couldn't rationalize buying more than one.

They've been on the clearance aisle for around $25 for awhile (that was my first Heroscape set, a year ago), but they only recently dropped the price.

Last edited by akden; February 14th, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Man, 100th post! It should have been more celebratory!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion