Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Ugh, what a disgrace!

At my local Wal-mart the Heroscape stuff is right next to the High School Musical board game. Ugh, what a disgrace.......

P.s. I meant that having the best game ever put next to the game of one of the dumbest movies ever. Ugh....

Edit: I changed gayest to dumbest to try to prevent anymore conflict.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:14 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Re: Ugh, what a disgrace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish
At my local Wal-mart the Heroscape stuff is right next to the High School Musical board game. Ugh, what a disgrace.......

P.s. I meant that having the best game ever put next to the game of one of the gayest movies ever. Ugh....
Ugh....... the name of that "movie" just makes me wanna puke

How sick!!!!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ugh, what a disgrace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish

P.s. I meant that having the best game ever put next to the game of one of the gayest movies ever. Ugh....
i actually had to touch the HSM box the other day... there was a pack of kyrie and samurai behind it and i couldn't get to it without moving HSM.

afterwards, i doused my hands in rubbing alcohol, washed with antibacterial soap, and scrubbed 4 layers of the epidermis off in order to inhibit the damage...

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ummm....that was a gay film? Lame maybe, but it was no Brokeback Highschool.

Old March 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I think he means "ghey", as in "Oh noes, I think I have teh ghey!"
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Poor theats.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I think he means "ghey", as in "Oh noes, I think I have teh ghey!"
Better get some antiboyotics or it might develop into a case of cooties.

For reals!!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Ummm....that was a gay film? Lame maybe, but it was no Brokeback Highschool.
Now-adays when we say "gay", we mean retarded, lame, pathetic, etc. But seriously, that movie was..... I don't know....... maybe.......
THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM

SunDevil has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
Now-adays when we say "gay", we mean retarded, lame, pathetic, etc. But seriously, that movie was..... I don't know....... maybe.......THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
My brother is gay and, sadly, I can tell you that use of the term 'gay' to mean, as you put it, "retarded, lame, pathetic" has been going on far longer than just 'nowadays'. I'm in my 30's and I've been hearing that phrase (often getting into arguments, even fistfights over it) since my brother and I were little kids.

I'm not about to turn this into "What you say is offensive!" or "You're a homophobe!" or any of that. I've made that mistake online before and, unlike the many face-to-face encounters I've had with people slandering my brother in particular or gay people in general, it does no good.

I also work with kids in special education but I'm also not going to jump on you for using 'retarded' in such a negative way. Again, online arguments never change anyone's mind.

I would only politely request that, in the future, if you want to mean 'lame' or 'pathetic', then just say 'lame' or 'pathetic'.

SunDevil

PS - I saw HSM and, though I didn't care for it, I can see where kids or musical fans would like it. That doesn't make it garbage in my opinion. A movie that is just so poorly made that even fans of it's genre hate it? That's a bad movie to me.

The contents of this package are the goods.
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Hmph.

Some of us are old enough to remember when "gay" meant happy. It was then approriated to mean "homosexual". Now it's being appropriated to mean "rubbish". I'm afraid if someone wants me to leap in to criticise this latest use of the word, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to decline. Words don't "belong" to any minority group, and especially not words that already had a perfectly useful meaning.

Of course, I realise that a one-man campaign to have "gay" equate to "happy" once again is going to get absolutely nowhere. But that is because language - and our use of it - changes and evolves over time.

Just as I have had to learn that it's no longer acceptable to call people of a certain sexual preference "pansies", so perhaps they will accept that they no longer have exclusivoty on the word "gay".

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old March 25th, 2007, 02:16 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
RichardD, it's not really a matter of appropriation. "Gay" as a term meaning homosexual has been around since at least the 50's, and general use of the term to refer to sexual behavior in general originated in perhaps the 1600's. Use of "gay" meaning lame, however, has only been around since the 70's, and most etymologists believe that that particular slang usage originated as a derogatory offshoot of the homosexual meaning of "gay." It's similar in origin to the use of the word "retarded," and in my opinion probably worse. It's often used today by people who aren't intending it to be offensive towards gays, but to pretend that the word was somehow appropriated and so should be okay to use blindly in a negative way isn't really valid, since the derogatory overtones likely had their origins in the widely understood meaning of "gay" as "homosexual." I'm not saying the word is as bad as some others, but I do think people should educate themselves before deciding to use it.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Well, back on topic...

I'm a teenager, and I love musicals, but I was very turned off by the film.

Thankfully the Wal-Mart and the TRU near me have the sense to put the game and 'Scape a minimum of two metres away.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion