Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 25th, 2022, 03:49 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Perhaps our front-page could be updated with more current information and images from the campaign?

just a thought...

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 25th, 2022 at 03:50 PM. Reason: every little bit can help????????
Old October 25th, 2022, 03:56 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

deleted
Old October 25th, 2022, 04:59 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The problem isn't the current market either. That's a Mattel Creations crowdfunded He-Man Eternia playset for $550 and it has over 8,000 backers with two weeks left. They are counting into stretch goals at this point.

How?! I'm guessing a lot of OG fans have some retirement money to spare haha.
Retirement money probably, no. More discretionary income than sense, yes I think I was pretty squarely in the target demographic when He-Man came out. I thought He-Man was lame at best. I still don't get the appeal.
Old October 25th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The problem isn't the current market either. That's a Mattel Creations crowdfunded He-Man Eternia playset for $550 and it has over 8,000 backers with two weeks left. They are counting into stretch goals at this point.

How?! I'm guessing a lot of OG fans have some retirement money to spare haha.
Retirement money probably, no. More discretionary income than sense, yes I think I was pretty squarely in the target demographic when He-Man came out. I thought He-Man was lame at best. I still don't get the appeal.
Thats the weird thing about toys. He-Man wasn’t invented by your demographic. He was invented by people your parents age, and he represented a pretty odd mix of testosterone based heroic fantasy. The main thing was his accessories! It was all about collecting those accessories.

I was too old when He-Man debuted. I thought it was silly and shallow, but my younger brother watched it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 25th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was in preschool and it hit me in the sweet spot. I find the old shows pretty unwatchable, but I like a lot of the new stuff and still view the property pretty fondly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I never understood why they didn't use Heroscape (the 'Battle of all Time') to feature and market some of the other brands/IP's they already had. I'm not advocating they go out and sign new licensing deals, I understand how expensive those are, but rather to use 'brands' they already have in house or an existing relationship with. Just looking through the wiki at brands they currently have that could become Heroscape figures/cards. Not suggesting full waves of each property, just a single booster for most of them, or even a single figure for some.

Action Man
Battle Beast
Fortnight
GI Joe
Ghostbusters
GoBots
M.A.S.K.
Marvel Legends
Micronauts
Overwatch
Power Rangers
Rom the Space Knight
Star Trek
Star Wars
Transformers
Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
Zoids
Magic the Gathering
D&D
Axis & Allies
Risk (the original art work I believe featured the Napoleonic Wars, this would be my first focus, but you could also feature some themed units from Risk: Legacy & Risk: Shadow Forces)
A little reminder that many licenses are very specific. For instance, one company may have a license to produce a Star Wars board game, but cannot produce Star Wars miniatures or a Star Wars CCG. Being able to publish a toy does not mean you can publish a game or a lunch box. Some (many?) are that specific.

I have no idea what they have the rights to within these various IPs, but I suspect many of the licenses are fairly complex and throwing them into a Heroscape game is probably forbidden in some, if not most, of these cases.
Old October 25th, 2022, 10:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Hasbro owns GI Joe, Transformers, and My Little Pony. They created those brands. They fought the government back in the 80's to be able to make cartoons of the toys. Previously those would have been classified as advertisements and not allowed.

They license Fortnite, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Marvel, and others.
Old October 25th, 2022, 10:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yes, and when you already have a (successful/fruitful) working relationship with another brand it's easier to expand on that relationship. I understand it would require a new contract for say Star Wars miniatures vs. 3 3/4" and 6" toys.
Old October 26th, 2022, 09:32 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

Oy, the $250 price tag is a rough one for me right now. Justifying that would have to be related to a Christmas present for the kids and I, and the kids are much more into the Superheroscape. I really like the walls and wish they had included more new and unique terrain, instead of so many figures. The figures are interesting, I like the idea of an entire faction in a box. I agree with some on the site that feel they are too much of an amalgamation. Cut the figures back a lot and the terrain by a little and charge a $100 for it and that would be my sweet spot.
On a bit of a tangent, G.I. Joe feels like a great fit for Heroscape. You've got great heroes, thematic Cobra squads(vipers, crimson guard, snow serpents, eels, etc. etc.), and the capability for large or huge figures with vehicles. Not to mention you've got heroes with varying abilities or skills that would be really interesting played out in 3-d space. I like what the c3g team has done with the G.I. Joe customs, it would just be nice if Hasbro fleshed it out with a bunch of figures and such. If this was a Heroscape G.I. Joe box set of this size $250 would be flying out of my bank account.

CORVUS
Old October 26th, 2022, 10:06 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
On a bit of a tangent, G.I. Joe feels like a great fit for Heroscape. You've got great heroes, thematic Cobra squads(vipers, crimson guard, snow serpents, eels, etc. etc.), and the capability for large or huge figures with vehicles. Not to mention you've got heroes with varying abilities or skills that would be really interesting played out in 3-d space. I like what the c3g team has done with the G.I. Joe customs, it would just be nice if Hasbro fleshed it out with a bunch of figures and such. If this was a Heroscape G.I. Joe box set of this size $250 would be flying out of my bank account.
100%
Old October 26th, 2022, 10:18 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Cut the figures back a lot and the terrain by a little and charge a $100 for it and that would be my sweet spot.
As much as I would love that as well, I don't think it's that simple. The AH team has mentioned that even a third of the stuff wouldn't cut the price in half.

The way it sounds to me, a $100 box would have 6-10 figures and not nearly enough terrain to make a board from. We wouldn't be getting the Scape experience.

The cost landscape has changed too much unfortunately since Scape's debut.

-insert signature here-
Old October 26th, 2022, 10:33 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Cut the figures back a lot and the terrain by a little and charge a $100 for it and that would be my sweet spot.
As much as I would love that as well, I don't think it's that simple. The AH team has mentioned that even a third of the stuff wouldn't cut the price in half.

The way it sounds to me, a $100 box would have 6-10 figures and not nearly enough terrain to make a board from. We wouldn't be getting the Scape experience.

The cost landscape has changed too much unfortunately since Scape's debut.
So if this is the new pricing environment for scape does this mean future expansions will also be a lot more expensive? I know the old release model of 5-6 painted minis for $12.99 isn’t realistic anymore, but if they release expansions that are 10 minis or less, are we looking at a $50-75 price tag?

Will a terrain pack with some trees or a castle set be the same thing?

I don’t think Heroscape is that kind of a game. Accessibility was one of its core strengths and it seems like that no longer exists with the cost of things now.

How did they put out a retail Heroquest box last year for $125 (I know it’s smaller minis, multiples of the same sculpts, no plastic terrain)? And the expansions are between $35-50. But that means Heroscape expansions with bigger, higher quality minis realistically would probably in the $75 range.

And if it’s economies of scale to drive this down, how do they feel they will have that with a goal of 8000 units sold (not even 8000 individual backers). Are they going to print retail releases in the 10’s of thousands?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion