Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Parmenio

Bats, I've expressed my opinion...the card says "For this game" and I take that to mean "for this game." The chosen figure, once disciplined, does not lose his or her discipline just because Parmenio dies or is mindshacked or otherwise hampered.
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sold. Thanks, guys! I agreed with this but wanted to make sure I had the necessary ammo to convince others. Wish granted. Thank you!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Bats, I've expressed my opinion...the card says "For this game" and I take that to mean "for this game." The chosen figure, once disciplined, does not lose his or her discipline just because Parmenio dies or is mindshacked or otherwise hampered.
I agree with your assessment as re: death and mindshackling. However, what if he is negated? Does that change things? I can see an argument that, while neither death nor mindshackling impacts that very clear "for this game" wording, negating might be taken to just erase it. And if the "for this game" disappears, then it no longer applies ... at least I can see that side of the argument. Not sure if that's the right side though.

What does everyone else think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
That negation no more negates the previous effect of Parmenio's power than it negates previous effects of Braxas' Acid Breath. Parmenio's power doesn't constantly change the figure to disciplined. It does it once, at the beginning of the game.

~Aldin, counteringly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
That negation no more negates the previous effect of Parmenio's power than it negates previous effects of Braxas' Acid Breath. Parmenio's power doesn't constantly change the figure to disciplined. It does it once, at the beginning of the game.

~Aldin, counteringly
I agree. That negation doesn't take away Kelda's previous healings, just future ones, is another example of why it doesn't undo what Parmenio had previously done.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:31 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

In for a penny in for a pound. My understanding of cards is do what they say in the correct order. Par's card says to do it at the begining of the game, then if the chosen unique hero is lycanthroped it is changed to a lycanthrope from it changed disipline. Likewise you cannot negate untill you use morsbane or the glyph and both would come after the start of the game, so if you negate par's powers he has already chosen and used it at the start of the game. The point is mute, you would only be negating his defy death portion because his other power started at the begining of the game and says it lasts for the entire game, with the lycanthropy exception.

I am sure the rules people would agree with me, and have already said about the same things.

So thats my penny and my pound.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

~Aldin, counteringly
I agree. Let us remember that principle when I ask my next question, over in Morsbane's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for all the answers, by the way, guys!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:11 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Something I just thought of for clarification as well: does Disciplined Influence mean that a particular hero is immune to the personality-affecting portion of lycanthropy? The text says that the card's personality is disciplined regardless of what is listed, and I would think the Werewolf Lord merely alters what is listed on the card.

Thoughts?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM

Disciplined replaces whatever the prior personality is, and replaces any synergy that would come from the prior personality.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Not really what I was asking ("Tormented" is an acquired personality), but it's answered in the Werewolf Lord's topic (Lycanthropy overrides it). Should've checked there.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM

Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion - I'm not up on DnDscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units