Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cthulu Tentacle - pre Auggies discussion

deleted

Last edited by qt.bangerang; February 3rd, 2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Updated card
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Cthulu Tentacle - pre Auggies discussion

Unexpected design. Interesting. These are very similar to Shades of Bleakewood but more map-dependent. Shades aren't very good, but I suppose there is value in breaking the Shades into separate draftable figures.

Along those lines, tying Graft to wounding a figure is too high a cost. A 3 attack is only a moderate chance of wounding, and then only a 10% chance after that. While Shades have the problem of making the roll before movement, they have the advantage of getting potentially lots of attempts. I think a 10% chance after moving and before attacking is perfectly fine, like Mindshackle (Kee-Mo-Shi's, at least).

Even with that I think the order marker cost is too high. Even assuming a desert map, an order marker on a Tentacle is a low-chance hope of a capture, and then it dies. Putting your order marker pretty much anywhere else would be better (unless you get really lucky). If it had high defense (I'd go as high as 6 without increasing cost) it could double as a tie-up unit like Ne-Gok-Sa.

As a pointless aside, I would have loved to see the species be Horror, so it would synergize with my Halloween Contest Entry.
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice design, qt.

I think you should keep the requirement for a wound on Graft, but make the required roll a 16/17 or higher, and up their defense to 5 or 6 (and maybe increase the cost slightly). That way, the Tentacles really would be a danger to Unique Heroes, especially ones with low defense.

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Hm. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for what a custom using a tentacle miniature would be like. What if there was a central kurrok-like sorcerer? The tentacles wouldn't actually start on the board, but could be summoned from the earth by him. the tentacle would be 0-move, but would have some sort of ability to restrict people from disengaging with it, as well as the ability to destroy itself at will, replenishing the Tentaclementalist's stock.

L.K.R.
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's funny that you guys suggested increased defense for staying power, when the first thing I thought of was, increased attack to increase chances of graft.

I actually do like the idea of using horror as the class, but I still picture the tentacle as a cthuluish type figure.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

The graft is a pretty cool idea. But yeah, why graft onto a wounded figure? I also think "Horror" is a good class.

I love Cthulhu. With all my black heart.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
But yeah, why graft onto a wounded figure?
I think it makes sense. You can't graft onto something without cutting into it first.

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am not a true Lovecraft expert but shouldn't there be an H after the L? Or would it create a nice little distinguishing feature? Interested to see what other have to say who are more aware of Lovecraft's writings.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe add bonding? Two tentacles per OM...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:24 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Tiranx, "Cthulhu" is the most common, and I agree it just looks right. But reading about Lovecraft, he himself had a lot of different spellings, like "Khlulhu" (or something, it's been a long time since I read any).

Incidentally, he pronounced the name as a gutteral, swallowed "Khlhl", something difficult for humans to reproduce.

Awesomeunleashed, thinking about it after my first impression, I like that too. It would give way to strategies like going after figures with special abilities you want to have, high health guys, and just torquing your opponent, etc.

Altogether a good job by bangerang in my opinion.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.

Last edited by Crypto-Knight; January 6th, 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: forgot to mention
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I updated the card with "Cthulhu" as the spelling used. I also changed his stats to a 4/4 at 35 points. The big change is to Graft...I took away the requirement to wound the Hero first but added the requirement that the Unique Hero must have at least 1 wound after attacking it to try to Graft onto it. I also added to Graft that each wound on the attacked Hero increase the chance of Grafting. The idea is that as a figure has more wounds on it, it would be weaker to resisting and not as valuable to take control of.
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I updated the card with "Cthulhu" as the spelling used. I also changed his stats to a 4/4 at 35 points. The big change is to Graft...I took away the requirement to wound the Hero first but added the requirement that the Unique Hero must have at least 1 wound after attacking it to try to Graft onto it. I also added to Graft that each wound on the attacked Hero increase the chance of Grafting. The idea is that as a figure has more wounds on it, it would be weaker to resisting and not as valuable to take control of.
Nice! It may be slightly undercosted, but playtesting should find out if that is the case. The power of Graft makes up for the Tentacle's weakness and the fact that it can't do much with an order marker. Bring it on, Braxas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards