Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Favorite Video Game of all Time?

O.K. I checked and checked but couldn't find a thread like this, so here goes. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite video game ever is. For me it has to be the original "Legend of Zelda" for Nintendo. I got that the day it was released and I don't think I slept for the first 4 day's that I owned it. Those were the good old day's.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Hands down. Dawn of War.
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
The Legend of Dragoon. I've said this in several threads, actually.
Runners up are the God of War series and Okami.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Thats a tough one...

Possibly:
Medieval - Total War (PC)
Red Alert (PC)
Toejam and Earl (Genesis)
Monkey Island (PC)

I think I'd have to go with Red Alert (slightly above the first CnC)

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:02 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hmm. Let me list by genre.

First Person Shooter - Half-Life 2
Sports - NBA Live 2003
Real Time Strategy - Company of Heroes with honorable mention to Dawn of War
Turn Based Strategy- Disciples II
Role Playing - Fallout with honorable mention to Baldur's Gate II & Knights of the Old Republic

Those are really the only genres I dig.
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Chrono Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Ooooh, Chrono Trigger is a good one Jexik! I would have to say for me, Secret of Mana. I loved that game. Chrono Trigger was right there with it though.

....Or was it A Link to the Past?.........Man, this is a tough one.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Chrono Trigger

I'd also add The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:59 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Shining Force!
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Shining Force!
Another good choice. I liked your old avatar a lot. FFT was good too- the best playstation game with the Final Fantasy logo on it in my opinion. Math skill was crazy broken though. Seriously.

Secret of Mana was also lots of fun. I think my save got erased when I was in the last place before I got to beat it though. Sigh.

Anyone looking for some walks down 90s game memory lane should check out this guy playing the songs on his guitar(s).

I also like Disciples, Uprising. Although I think I liked Ogre Battle better. You got to the battles differently in that, but the whole unit construction concept was basically identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I loved Doom, Warcraft/Starcraft, Quake II, Aliens vs. Predator... but the ultimate winner in sheer terms of most happy hours spent playing it has to be X-COM by a mile.
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:36 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Shining Force!
Another good choice. I liked your old avatar a lot. FFT was good too- the best playstation game with the Final Fantasy logo on it in my opinion. Math skill was crazy broken though. Seriously.
It is hard to choose a favorite between Shining Force and FFT. And the calculators were powerful, but I never took the time to go down that road. I leveled my guys into the 90s (still got that team on a memory card somewhere) but always got too bored with the calculator. My Monk/Knight with double swing could kill the last boss in a turn or two though. Holy cow, I loved that game.

Quote:
Secret of Mana was also lots of fun. I think my save got erased when I was in the last place before I got to beat it though. Sigh.
I loved that one too. I always wanted to play it with three players but I never got too. Remember the first time you saw the super versions of the spells? Awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games